Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Ryzer

Arcane
Patch out:
Several commenters on Steam say that the Star Rattle loot remains broken... you can loot the chest now, but it contains the glasses that you got on a previous island. Haven't logged in to verify myself.
If you've already been to the location, then the patch won't work. If you weren't, the loot should be dropping correctly
Unrelated and indiscrete question but does Owlcat know you're posting here and supervise you? Like are there some in-depth details (for example about the code) you can't answer?
I would like a toolkit that allows to create my own adventure into pathfinder but I guess Unity and the complexity of the game complicate the task.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Patch out:
Several commenters on Steam say that the Star Rattle loot remains broken... you can loot the chest now, but it contains the glasses that you got on a previous island. Haven't logged in to verify myself.
If you've already been to the location, then the patch won't work. If you weren't, the loot should be dropping correctly
Well, that's not super great. Guess I'll see if I have a save before that island then.

Edit: Nope. Sure love having shit break every patch and then not even be fixed in a viable format.

Also, charge to initiate TB combat appears to be back to breaking regularly again, wasting the surprise round turn of the MC, and leaving the charging character with a half move. And displayed xp gains in the combat log do not appear to be adjusting for when the Active Party Only toggle is enabled, although I think this is only a display issue as characters seemed to be levelling through the intro at the usual rate. I'm going to just go play something else until someone else beta tests all of this stuff again.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I would like a toolkit that allows to create my own adventure into pathfinder but I guess Unity and the complexity of the game complicate the task.

If it would it would be happening it would be the """mod support""" from KS but it ended up just some way to make mod that could already be done through normal unity dll modding.

The only Unity RPG to do this was Shadowrun iirc and it's basically parred down version of tools used by the dev.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
“Darts are now light weapons, not one-handed”

Five years after first reported may be a record.

Good to see the damage packets my Aeon MC was abusing may have bern fixed.

Skorpion

Educated
Wait, a patch that isnt multiple gigs?! Seems fishy!!
In other news Ulbrig is a beast (heh) so far on core difficulty but Im not terribly far into my playthough yet, still Im loving his claw filled antics.
Doing an Azata path this time as I havent done one before and settled on MC being pure bard who will share all the teamfeats freeing up my team for more interesting builds/combos.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Wait, a patch that isnt multiple gigs?! Seems fishy!!
In other news Ulbrig is a beast (heh) so far on core difficulty but Im not terribly far into my playthough yet, still Im loving his claw filled antics.
Doing an Azata path this time as I havent done one before and settled on MC being pure bard who will share all the teamfeats freeing up my team for more interesting builds/combos.
He's an awesome damage dealer on Unfair, but kind of squishy. I gave him last stand and might try giving him that self-casting mythic mage armor buff. His range tends to make up for his squishiness if you have a better tank in front of him, though.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Well, that's not super great. Guess I'll see if I have a save before that island then.

Edit: Nope. Sure love having shit break every patch and then not even be fixed in a viable format.

Also, charge to initiate TB combat appears to be back to breaking regularly again, wasting the surprise round turn of the MC, and leaving the charging character with a half move. And displayed xp gains in the combat log do not appear to be adjusting for when the Active Party Only toggle is enabled, although I think this is only a display issue as characters seemed to be levelling through the intro at the usual rate. I'm going to just go play something else until someone else beta tests all of this stuff again.
Let me put this straight.

Owlcat: "We fixed the bug."
Western players: "No, you did not."
Owlcat: "You need a save before this location to see the fix."
Western players: "Let me see if I can check you."
Also Western players: "Oh, wait, I don't have the save to check, and I can't be bothered to play the game again. You break stuff every time anyway. Also, here is some incoherent mumbling that I consider a bug report".

Brilliant.

I hope to see the day when the game industry starts catering to East Asia instead of "the West". This will bring a renaissance to the genre.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Patch out:

I kinda got used to it LOL. I had to quit my DLC3 lich run half way because island that has a mythic level up shard didn't spawn any enemies or the chest at the end. One of the patches few weeks/months later said it fixed it but of course it didn't for me and my save that was already on that island. Closest save to that was 2 islands back and I cba to go through it again.. Also they keep ignoring my bug reports that I have been sending since previous game lol about some mechanics not working correctly like DR being applied vs bonus damage of weapons and abilities when your base weapon attack ignores that DR.. like monk style that gives bonus damage but not vs any DR of your target lol.
Or Longsword that gives +1d10 vs demons but cannot pass its DR while your base damage of that longsword does... hilarious trolls are Owlcat with that longsword..

EDIT: but I will be fair, I noticed in patch notes they do fix some bugs I report.. only 2 months after I already quit or finished that playthrough :D

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Sarkorians basically bringing the demonic axe-wound onto themselves by killing an innocent kid
Said kid was literally shot by magic-police for resisting arrest and killed just after he murdered a magic-cop. Killing millions and setting ablaze a whole country in paiment for one retarded death is the definition of Dindu-nothing, congratulation you achieved peak BLMism in your game. Oh and he literally tried to summon a Balor. :smug:

Areelu apologism is retarded, they tried to play the sob part with pathos and MOTHERLY sentiment but at the end of the day, she's an unrepentant mad scientist who committed a genocide for trivial reasons.
This analogy falls flat because the idiots in question were attempting to bully arcane spellcasters because.... reasons? Something about arcane magic being bad in a country run by OTHER spellcasters (did shamans or druids run sarkoris?) who just use a different form of magic that could just as easily be abused. Also if I remember right, I don't think Areelu was actively trying to destroy Sarkoris was she? That it killed the people responsible was just a bonus to her experiment to try and bring her kid back.

They absolutely had it coming because bullying the nerd on the playground when that same nerd can kill you with the wave of his hand makes you a legitimate 'tard. Darwinism at its finest. Honestly some of the background lore makes it hard to take the whole overarching plot line seriously.

Why didn't Areelu move to another country?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Let me put this straight.

Owlcat: "We fixed the bug."
Western players: "No, you did not."
Owlcat: "You need a save before this location to see the fix."
Western players: "Let me see if I can check you."
Also Western players: "Oh, wait, I don't have the save to check, and I can't be bothered to play the game again. You break stuff every time anyway. Also, here is some incoherent mumbling that I consider a bug report".

Brilliant.

I hope to see the day when the game industry starts catering to East Asia instead of "the West". This will bring a renaissance to the genre.
You live down to your name every damn post, dude.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3718323737489222542?l=english
Update 2.1.1i

Hello, Pathfinders!

We investigated the recent bug reports, reproduced the reported issues and found that under some circumstances, when Wenduag turned hostile to the party in the prologue, she could die. That tragedy made the party unable to leave the Shield Maze and continue their adventures. We’ve prepared a hot-fix 2.1.1i which fixes this problem. No mongrels were harmed during the creation of this patch.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Owlcat_Eyler High time to prepare and officially publish a statement where your team admits to doing this shit on purpose. We're at a stage where such a move is actually beneficial for your public image and credibility.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3718323737489222542?l=english
Update 2.1.1i

Hello, Pathfinders!

We investigated the recent bug reports, reproduced the reported issues and found that under some circumstances, when Wenduag turned hostile to the party in the prologue, she could die. That tragedy made the party unable to leave the Shield Maze and continue their adventures. We’ve prepared a hot-fix 2.1.1i which fixes this problem. No mongrels were harmed during the creation of this patch.

couldn't make this shit up

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Fabulously optimistic and stupid, as usual, but also not the point. The point is that they should start pretending that they're doing them on purpose to make themselves look a bit better and more competent.

skaraher

Cipher
Sarkorians basically bringing the demonic axe-wound onto themselves by killing an innocent kid
Said kid was literally shot by magic-police for resisting arrest and killed just after he murdered a magic-cop. Killing millions and setting ablaze a whole country in paiment for one retarded death is the definition of Dindu-nothing, congratulation you achieved peak BLMism in your game. Oh and he literally tried to summon a Balor. :smug:

Areelu apologism is retarded, they tried to play the sob part with pathos and MOTHERLY sentiment but at the end of the day, she's an unrepentant mad scientist who committed a genocide for trivial reasons.
This analogy falls flat because the idiots in question were attempting to bully arcane spellcasters because.... reasons? Something about arcane magic being bad in a country run by OTHER spellcasters (did shamans or druids run sarkoris?) who just use a different form of magic that could just as easily be abused. Also if I remember right, I don't think Areelu was actively trying to destroy Sarkoris was she? That it killed the people responsible was just a bonus to her experiment to try and bring her kid back.

They absolutely had it coming because bullying the nerd on the playground when that same nerd can kill you with the wave of his hand makes you a legitimate 'tard. Darwinism at its finest. Honestly some of the background lore makes it hard to take the whole overarching plot line seriously.

No it's established Areelu and her son were already demon worshiper by that point, and her son was literally killed while trying to summon a greater demon, no "nerd bullying here." Play the actual game and don't speedread the story part, the story is already barebone enough. :lol:

Also his soul was directly judged by Pharasma and sent straight to the Abyss, so he was at least CHAOTIC EVIL and probably into DEVOURing soul. You're projecting some weird personal issues on the game. Were you bullied by weirdos shamans and protestant pastors in you Kwanzanian hometown for your belief in the occult ? :smug:

Basically what you're saying is "Sarkorians deserved to get their country raped by demons because they tried to stop those two peoples from bringing demons to rape their country." I won't make you a drawing of which political side uses this exact reasoning in our modern world. :smug:

So yeah, if you take all the pieces of info the game gave you, it's hard to sympathize with Areelu. Also, she straight up tells you that even if her son had been saved/resurrected, she still would have gone through the Worldwound creation for SCIENCE and POWER. Again, don't speedread. Pay attention to the dialogue, there isn't even much of it on the main story path. This ain't Torment or New Vegas.
Two answers possible :
- Mage arrogance. She had her whole laboratory going and thought she could get away with it indefinetely until it was too late. At Threshold she was already deadset on opening the worldwound.
- Bad writing. In the original path, Areelu always was a devoted Deskari worshiper.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
- Bad writing. In the original path, Areelu always was a devoted Deskari worshiper.
That is true, in the original path Areelu was devoted to Deskari. Who wasn't a brute or a red herring. Even Owlfinder's idea that Baphomet is the saboteur of the duo isn't the case in the path, because Deskari is behind everything then. Which means the story is completely changed and the answer to that question must change with it:

I think it's that Areelu had always been studying the abyss. And there's no better place to study the Abyss than Sarkoris, since it's entire planar existence shifted towards the Abyss after Aroden's death. The game doesn't outright say that. But I think it makes sense if you consider that Areelu managed to create the worldwound relatively quickly, and that her kid does summon a Balor in a flashback.

Areelu correctly thought she could get away with her studies indefinitely. Her mistakes were trusting another mage with her hut's location and letting her kid out of the supervision at all. So the arrogance is there.

Also his soul was directly judged by Pharasma and sent straight to the Abyss, so he was at least CHAOTIC EVIL and probably into DEVOURing soul.

It's important to note that the kid could have had the personality of a chaotic neutral or even a chaotic good, but just casting summon monster made them metaphysically aligned to being tossed into the abyss. We don't know enough about them (they are left vague on purpose for obvious reasons) to know the exact reason for Pharasma's judgement. But yes, we don't need to presume their innocence. We can only marvel at the stupidity of the last great druidic culture persecuting mages into it's own destruction. Survival of the fittest, I guess.

Last edited:

skaraher

Cipher
That is true, in the original path Areelu was devoted to Deskari. Who wasn't a brute or a red herring. Even Owlfinder's idea that Baphomet is the saboteur of the duo isn't the case in the path, because Deskari is behind everything then. Which means the story is completely changed and the answer to that question must change with it:

I think it's that Areelu had always been studying the abyss. And there's no better place to study the Abyss than Sarkoris, since it's entire planar existence shifted towards the Abyss after Aroden's death. The game doesn't outright say that. But I think it makes sense if you consider that Areelu managed to create the worldwound relatively quickly, and that her kid does summon a Balor in a flashback.

Areelu correctly thought she could get away with her studies indefinitely. Her mistakes were trusting another mage with her hut's location and letting her kid out of the supervision at all. So the arrogance is there.

Also his soul was directly judged by Pharasma and sent straight to the Abyss, so he was at least CHAOTIC EVIL and probably into DEVOURing soul.

It's important to note that the kid could have had the personality of a chaotic neutral or even a chaotic good, but just casting summon monster made them metaphysically aligned to being tossed into the abyss. We don't know enough about them (they are left vague on purpose for obvious reasons) to know the exact reason for Pharasma's judgement. But yes, we don't need to presume their innocence. We can only marvel at the stupidity of the last great druidic culture persecuting mages into it's own destruction. Survival of the fittest, I guess.
I think that in the AP, Areelu was already in Threshold and working on the worldwound when Aroden died. Deskari was planning for a long time, waiting for the right opportunity and Aroden's death basically allowed all shit to break loose. In the game it's pushed to the sideline, I don't think it really impacted the chronology of Areelu's experiment. (Didn't played Gay-Bara DLC). Aroden's death is mostly referred when you're told of the young Iomedaean church, with Galfrey etc, coming to power in Mendev with demons invading at the same time.

skaraher

Cipher
It's important to note that the kid could have had the personality of a chaotic neutral or even a chaotic good
When Areelu is testing you in Drezen, taking the GOOD option ends up failing to convince her the personality of her son imprinted on you. Make of this what you will. :balance:

Maybe Sarkorians were a country full of barbaric and backward retards (the Wintersun location sure tends to lean on this), maybe they were a strict pre-Iomedan theocracy (Like you're shown at Threshold), but they aren't really characterized and given (barring the DLC, which I haven't played) any real reason to hate them beside "stereotypical medieval dicks", "kinda rude", "witch hunting".

Areelu is consistently shown as a genocidal half-demon maniac, completly unrepentant, and spent the vast majority of the game betraying every single one of her allies in her personal quest to godhood. Even in my god run, I got rid of her and told Pharasma to destroy her soul. Better to tie up loose ends.

Delterius

Arcane
In the game it's pushed to the sideline
Yeah that devs do that a lot, and it's a good thing too. APs aren't meant to be bibles and if the players go a certain direction the DM has to make certain choices. Owlcat has to make those choices regardless, and they chose to tell the story of a great evil witch, who dangled her service at the front of three Demon Lords to manipulate them.

I think Areelu said that she built the pocket lab after Threshold failed to contain her. That would mean she tried to resurrect her kid, failed, and then put her previous studies into action. I'm not even sure if Areelu contacted Deskari to open the worldwound, did she? It seems like none of the Demon Lords know anything about it so it's not like Deskari had any directed involvement. She could have just opened it and then submitted to the first invader that showed up.
When Areelu is testing you in Drezen, taking the GOOD option ends up failing to convince her the personality of her son imprinted on you. Make of this what you will.
Oh yeah I actually forgot about that. Damn, Areelu was a terrible mom. Good thing I chose to kick her down that vortex regardless. My interpretation that a true reincarnation of Areelu's kid would actually hate their mother is the most realistic. And it fit Trickster's plot as well.

any real reason to hate them

Eeeh I don't really hate them (was being hyperbolic). I do think the witch hunts were ultimately for the worst, but I kinda like the Sarkorians. I like the vibes I got from the Treeman puzzle and Wintersun. Do keep in mind they were both strictly a pre-Iomedae religious society AND a confederation of tribal societies. Erastil was their main faith, and it's an organized one. Kingmaker shows that while clerics of Erastil aren't big on cities, they aren't big on small cults and weird, heathen faiths. But we don't know enough about their political system to know who or what rules Iz except that Druids seemed to have a lot of influence.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Fabulously optimistic and stupid, as usual, but also not the point. The point is that they should start pretending that they're doing them on purpose to make themselves look a bit better and more competent.
They are good and competent enough. No one west of the Oder will make you a game where a decision made in the very first cutscene affects one of the possible endings. Not until ChatGPT-5 starts making games by itself.

skaraher

Cipher
who or what rules Iz except that Druids seemed to have a lot of influence.

Dialogue from the insane dwarf shaman (or was it notes) shows scorn for the Sarkorian who chose to live in stone walls so there is hints of a cultural rift, but it's never expanded upon, and completly brushed aside by the dialogues of characters talking of Sarkoris as a tribal confederation.
Yeah that devs do that a lot, and it's a good thing too.
Didn't say the contrary, I think the AP wasn't really good and the devs tried to salvage it a bit. But I pointed out the fact that Aroden's death impact seem largely irelevant to the overall narrative of the CRPG.
In the AP the chronology is clear :
- Aroden alive, Areelu is in Threshold, she open a small rift
- Aroden dies, the rift is expanded x1000 by Deskari and the invasion begins.
In the CRPG this chronology isn't really touched upon, we know for sure the opening of the worldwound was a lot more cataclysmic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom