Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Humbaba

Arcane
Really? It seems like everytime I visit the thread, someone is complaining about a mythic ability or feat not working as intended
You don't hear about successfully landing airplanes on the news either.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally unlocked full Legend power yesterday and leveled my guy to 34 now. lvl 20 Demon Slayer, lvl 14 Fighter. It seems you keep getting new attacks with main hand even with wiki saying you should not. My guy has like 10 attacks now lol while dual wielding scimitars. And it is good combination with Increased critical feats from Trickster, crit range is 11-20.
Technically I think its 1 & 12-20?

Meaning Law Domain Power won't guarantee crits on enemies you hit on 11?
I took multiple of those feats so it is 11-20, I just didn't get to take 3rd one that turns crit to x3 but lvl 20 fighter will give me that.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Finally unlocked full Legend power yesterday and leveled my guy to 34 now. lvl 20 Demon Slayer, lvl 14 Fighter. It seems you keep getting new attacks with main hand even with wiki saying you should not. My guy has like 10 attacks now lol while dual wielding scimitars. And it is good combination with Increased critical feats from Trickster, crit range is 11-20.

I took multiple of those feats so it is 11-20, I just didn't get to take 3rd one that turns crit to x3 but lvl 20 fighter will give me that.

why-not-both-eganerator-why-not-both-taco-girl-52890355.png

In fact why don't you stack:
x2 base -> Mythic Improved Critical x3 -> Trickster Improved Improved Improved Critical Improved x4 -> Fighter's capstone x5 -> Lethal stance from Skald x6

ArchAngel

Arcane

why-not-both-eganerator-why-not-both-taco-girl-52890355.png

In fact why don't you stack:
x2 base -> Mythic Improved Critical x3 -> Trickster Improved Improved Improved Critical Improved x4 -> Fighter's capstone x5 -> Lethal stance from Skald x6
Because I switched to Legend..

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Because I switched to Legend..
There is couple of very friendly Balors at the door to the Palace in ch 4. Nice place to flex your muscles and do some soloing - and get ~700k xp in process)
Sure way to hit at least lvl 19 before switching Mythics.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3218394923812930333

What Does the Fox Say?

Of all the races that took part in the Fifth Crusade, the rarest and most exotic, of course, are the kitsune, the fox folk.

Kitsune resemble anthropomorphic foxes, but they are also able to shapeshift into human form. Hence, the nickname "werefoxes".

Kitsune are known for their love of all things connected to trickery: from harmless pranks to grand schemes involving robbery or fraud.

7129de419f7386205c3201b5f1b697d682012639.jpg

The kitsunes’ inherent playfulness also helps them communicate with and make connections among the many races of Golarion. Bard is a fairly common career path among fox folk.

And lest we forget the kitsunes’ magical talents, they are not limited to their ability to change form. Many foxes choose to bind their lives to magic. One in a thousand kitsune has the potential to reach the peak of magical powers inherent in their race. If one of these especially talented foxes decides to develop her abilities, she will begin to grow additional tails over time. Her tails, up to nine in total, store some of her magical energy.

48454a289906c0391b0b6adcfe9c0de25d74e2d6.jpg

Little is known about the kitsune homeland, Tian Xia. This mysterious continent is located far from Avistan and the Inner Sea. The few stories we have sound more like legends and myths than reality. The kitsune themselves playfully encourage this aura of mystery. Despite this, adventurous fox folk can be found in the most unexpected of places, including in Mendev and the Fifth Crusade.

"I'm a child of a passionate and curious people. We live everywhere, you are just… not always aware of our existence".
Lady Konomi

Though kitsune are common throughout Golarion, foxes often hide in human form in the presence of other races. This is mostly due to their reputation as tricksters and "untrustworthy elements". Sometimes, this goes hilariously wrong.

cbdaf2a8a942b20b70ca2f9190cb58483f75c7be.jpg

"Truly, we kitsune are incapable of normalcy. We find our passion and surrender to it entirely, mind and soul."
Lady Konomi

Every kitsune, which finds herself on a path leading to Mendev, has her own reasons to be there. Some, like Lady Konomi, are driven by the love of the political dance of negotiation, war, and intrigue. In Nenio's case, it was the desire, nearly an obsession, to compile the most detailed encyclopedia ever written about Golarion. And the Commander of the Fifth Crusade has even more options for an unhealthy fixation: the art of warfare, the magical secrets of the abyss, and anything else you could imagine. Which will your kitsune choose?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
All that fluff and no mention about their real distinguishing feature - racial Vulpine Pounce?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
People saying that mirror image and the like become useless were high on their own fart. Even in act 5, they're plenty of thing that are lacking true sight, and you can also dispel it. Sure , it's not as failproof as in Kingmaker, but still a nice defensive tool.

Only thing I've learned is that the Images do go away when hit. It doesn't reduce your chance of being hit at a constant rate for x min/lvl. For some reason I had gotten that into my head tho its obviously wrong.

In other words it's more akin to a rnd/lvl spell in that on melee you need to spam it to get full effect.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I see it more as a round or two of respite when some nasty stuff is attacking you, contrary to displacement or blur who offer a mitigation of damage.

Desiderius

Patron

I'd be curious how another Favored Terrain Class would stack with Demonslayer. Forester specifically turns Favored Terrain bonuses into Favored enemy bonus for all enemies in that terrain.

Does DS get full Favored Enemy bonuses against all Demons now?

Desiderius

Patron
Something I discovered about slayers is that wrt. ranger weapon styles you need to take a tier 1 feat before being able to take a higher tier feat. So even if the first time you pick a style is level 6, you can still only pick the first tier of feats, but you will be able to pick the second tier at level 8 (or whenever you next get a slayer talent). I was planning to have my sanctified slayer take shatter defenses, but I haven't picked a first tier ranger feat yet.

One of the reasons Sanct isn't nearly as broken as it looks. Most of the payoff for Combat Style is at that second tier that Ranger/Slayer can get at lvl 6 but Sanc doesn't until lvl 16 I think. And Studied Target falls behind Judgements by midgame as well.

Agreed about the Sanct. Talents. Mainly useful for auxilary stuff (like maybe Double Slice, Combat Trick: Improved Critical, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative or some such - not sure if all of those are even available). But regarding Studied Target vs Judgements: I will take the (mostly) automatic Studied Target (except on sneak immunes) over Judgements that need a Swift action any day. Thank you.

It's not just Sneak Immunes, you also have to get things flanked/flat-footed which can't always be assumed. By the time you're getting three Judgements at a time (and damage ticks up faster than AB) Studied just can't keep up.

Granted that Swift-clogging makes up for that but "free on sneak" doesn't buy people what they think. If they're landing sneaks they're usually already winning. If you want Studied to help you land first hit you're burning a swift (or more) yourself.

Humbaba

Arcane
You know that you can have both, right ?
That wasn't the subject. You made a point about the merits of mirror image as a late game defensive tool and I only pointed out that in that regard concealment spells are better.

Yeah, but maybe you would hesitate a bit if your heard about an airplane crashing every day.

If you reported on every safe landing, then those reports would greatly outnumber those of crashes. Likewise, if you listed every feature in the game that worked as intended, that list would be far longer than the one of currently known bugs. You're playing the game, so I guess you didn't hesitate much.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

ArchAngel

Arcane

I'd be curious how another Favored Terrain Class would stack with Demonslayer. Forester specifically turns Favored Terrain bonuses into Favored enemy bonus for all enemies in that terrain.

Does DS get full Favored Enemy bonuses against all Demons now?
Yes. It it awesome :D

Desiderius

Patron
Can you test out Forester to see if Favored Terrain stacks with it?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
It's not just Sneak Immunes, you also have to get things flanked/flat-footed which can't always be assumed. By the time you're getting three Judgements at a time (and damage ticks up faster than AB) Studied just can't keep up.

Not really an issue. If they are not immune or with Uncanny Dodge, the mount will ensure flanking always.
Plus normally there is also Shatter Defenses.
Studied will help a lot with iteratives.

Desiderius

Patron
Mount underrated source of all kind of synergies. You’re right.

Definitely better than Judgments with Aeon or if you have the rests to keep Bane up.

Desiderius

Patron
On Through the Ashes, they give you a Cleric with Brew Potions... and no Knowledge (World), the Sorc has already burned a spell pick on Magic Missile even though the class gives it to him (?) for free next level, and I think you're supposed to topple the Monument on the big Slime but can't activate it in combat.

Seriously, does anyone at Owlcat even play the game?

Desiderius

Patron
Favored Enemy from Demonslayer (a nice phat +10 testing at Threshold) does stack AB with the Favored Terrain bonus from Forester but that one is bugged (?) so is just another +2.

Weapon and Shield Combat Style with the Shield Bashing very, very smooth on Demonslayer since you get Shield Master at lvl 6 (!).

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Favored Enemy from Demonslayer (a nice phat +10 testing at Threshold) does stack AB with the Favored Terrain bonus from Forester but that one is bugged (?) so is just another +2.

Weapon and Shield Combat Style with the Shield Bashing very, very smooth on Demonslayer since you get Shield Master at lvl 6 (!).
Don't you take the Two-Weapon Fighting feats from Combat Style, or do you get +Dex items to pick those? I don't really get how bash builds work.

Desiderius

Patron

Don't you take the Two-Weapon Fighting feats from Combat Style, or do you get +Dex items to pick those? I don't really get how bash builds work.

I usually just start with 14 or 15 DEX and pick up the DEX I need for each successive Bash as I go. No big deal to pick up +2/4/6 DEX items as those feats become available and you can use the DEX for AC/initiative anyway. If you want to go low DEX two-weapon then you just use a weapon in off-hand instead of shield and use a mount or tactics to keep from getting attacked much. That's the one that uses two-weapon style to get around the DEX requirement.

The important bash is the first one usually and you can set it up for Bashing Finish to trigger a good bit too so the second and third bash aren't super high priority, though you get them eventually.

Feats are really tight to get there with Seelah but I think it's worth it since she's priced into using Shield by starting with Shield Focus. I'd usually prefer two-hander on Pal but Smite also applies to Bash and Bash gets +3 from Balanced Defender.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I usually just start with 14 or 15 DEX and pick up the DEX I need for each successive Bash as I go. No big deal to pick up +2/4/6 DEX items as those feats become available and you can use the DEX for AC/initiative anyway. If you want to go low DEX two-weapon then you just use a weapon in off-hand instead of shield and use a mount or tactics to keep from getting attacked much. That's the one that uses two-weapon style to get around the DEX requirement.

The important bash is the first one usually and you can set it up for Bashing Finish to trigger a good bit too so the second and third bash aren't super high priority, though you get them eventually.

Feats are really tight to get there with Seelah but I think it's worth it since she's priced into using Shield by starting with Shield Focus. I'd usually prefer two-hander on Pal but Smite also applies to Bash and Bash gets +3 from Balanced Defender.

My current Seelah will dual-wield scimitars eventually I guess (with Mythic Two-Wapon, before that a light offhand). Initially wanted to go for Shield Bash too - but it proved too feat-intensive (also want Shatter and Intimidating and Dreadful on her...). Access to full mount means the shield focus is wasted, but oh well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom