Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Regill can currently get Travel Domain, but not Impossible Domain, even after he has his first Domain, so no Animals (probably why he doesn't get it).

Full BAB Animal Domain is Trickster only.

Druids can get Animal Domain, but don't get Impossible either.

The ability says only Clerics may take it, but Inquisitors and Divine Hunter can also take it, while Hellknight and Druid can't. Non-Reg HKs can't get a Domain at all, even if they take Godclaw Order.

This game is Calvinball.

Tested this myself and Godclaw HKs do get domains and they do work. Playing with Tabletop Tweaks, so maybe the modder fixed it? Armiger levels don't count towards it though.

Might make a Cavalier with Horse Master and Hellknight build.

Edit: Do HKs get access to Domain Zealot?
Edit2: It says that they should be able to in 1.2.0e patch notes.

Is Horse Master feat included in Tabletop Tweaks? I don't see it on the feature list. If so, what are the requirements?
Kind of intriguing. Then again, could feel a bit wrong to mod the game and cherrypick the functionalities I like, while disabling others (like modifications to mounted combat, charge damage, Glory domain and so on).

Anyway, I did some tests yesterday and confirm that Godclaw HK Domains work in vanilla also. So its a pretty big advantage for Hellknights, being able to pick even 3 Domains from a good selection, for example Travel, Glory, Nobility. And Domain Zealot does work.
No Impossible Domain acccess, though.
Boon Companion allows to compensate for 5 non-pet levels somehow. But sadly not 10 :(

Interestingly, If you dip Divine Hunter (for example for access to different mounts), the Domain he gets to pick will get progress! Either it goes off Character level or is somehow boosted by Hellknight's Pentamic Faith (haven't checked if it works without Hellknight). Sadly in case of Godclaw faith, the base Domain selection is pretty poor (Law, Protection, Strenght and War). Law could be nice for some... Trickster build I guess :D ....particularly if this also works without Hellknight ;) A Hellknight Trickster would be... kind of tricky to roleplay. Alignment conflict too.

With a Divine Hunter dip I could pick Impossible Domain: Animal. But it did not seem to do anything notable (like boosting the mount's level).

Shame about Gendarme Order of the Star Calling being displayed but not working. Would be a beautiful (if maybe slightly OP) synergy with Glory and Smite Chaos.

Does Fearsome Discipline even work? Didn't seem to do anything yesterday with Dreadful Carnage activating on kills (and most enemies failing the check and becoming Shaken). Also found no toggle for it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Fearsomeness only has 10 ft range. It did work for me using Mythic Dazzling. I think. Stuff dies so fast maybe I was imagining but 90% sure it was working.

I'm not a fan of burning extra Intimidation Feats on Seelah when you're going to wind up with Frightful eventually anyway. As you say Feats are tight and I want Spell Focus/Mythic Focus Evo to turn on her Archon's and eventually Resounding Blow. I've even played around a little with Holy Whisper but needs more Good companions to work. She also benefits greatly from Improved and Mythic Initiative to get that Mark down fast. If you're not using Shield not need to go two-weapon just give her a two-hander.

Game is flooded with CHR companions and you can even get WIS to Persuasion on MC. Demoralize is highly underrated since you only really need to turn on Shatter on bosses and with Seashell and good meal selection it doesn't take much to pass the skill check.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Fearsomeness only has 10 ft range. It did work for me using Mythic Dazzling. I think. Stuff dies so fast maybe I was imagining but 90% sure it was working.

I'm not a fan of burning extra Intimidation Feats on Seelah when you're going to wind up with Frightful eventually anyway. As you say Feats are tight and I want Spell Focus/Mythic Focus Evo to turn on her Archon's and eventually Resounding Blow. I've even played around a little with Holy Whisper but needs more Good companions to work. She also benefits greatly from Improved and Mythic Initiative to get that Mark down fast. If you're not using Shield not need to go two-weapon just give her a two-hander.

Game is flooded with CHR companions and you can even get WIS to Persuasion on MC. Demoralize is highly underrated since you only really need to turn on Shatter on bosses and with Seashell and good meal selection it doesn't take much to pass the skill check.

Enemies were definately close.

Well, I had my doubts about Intimidation focus also. But I'm not waiting till level 15-16 for Frightful. My earlier solution was to make her a Bard with Dirge. But that's huge wasted potential. Better to spare a couple of feats and skill points.
Although maybe with Mythic Dazzling and mobility provided by mounting, Dreadful is perhaps not needed. Would save 2 regular feats (but cost a Mythic one).

Desiderius

Patron
Well, I had my doubts about Intimidation focus also. But I'm not waiting till level 15-16 for Frightful. My earlier solution was to make her a Bard with Dirge. But that's huge wasted potential. Better to spare a couple of feats and skill points.
Although maybe with Mythic Dazzling and mobility provided by mounting, Dreadful is perhaps not needed. Would save 2 regular feats (but cost a Mythic one).

You don't need Shatter to handle regular mobs. Just Demoralize bosses.

Do you know what the Seashell is?

I'll try to test Fearsomeness on Regill tomorrow.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Maybe I don't NEED it. But I like hitting them comfortably with my iteratives. Also on Medium BAB characters.

No idea about Seashell. What is it?

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Regill can currently get Travel Domain, but not Impossible Domain, even after he has his first Domain, so no Animals (probably why he doesn't get it).

The ability says only Clerics may take it, but Inquisitors and Divine Hunter can also take it, while Hellknight and Druid can't. Non-Reg HKs can't get a Domain at all, even if they take Godclaw Order.

This game is Calvinball.

Tested this myself and Godclaw HKs do get domains and they do work. Playing with Tabletop Tweaks, so maybe the modder fixed it? Armiger levels don't count towards it though.

Is Horse Master feat included in Tabletop Tweaks? I don't see it on the feature list. If so, what are the requirements?
Kind of intriguing. Then again, could feel a bit wrong to mod the game and cherrypick the functionalities I like, while disabling others (like modifications to mounted combat, charge damage, Glory domain and so on).
Yes it is. Prerequisite is 4 Cavalier levels, the ones that get a horse anyways.

The fixes are great, they fix the broken, abusive shit. Either play with all of them or none of them IMO. Oh btw there's longspear extra charge damage, instaed of lance, since lances aren't implemented.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

This game is Calvinball.

Yes it is. Prerequisite is 4 Cavalier levels, the ones that get a horse anyways.

The fixes are great, they fix the broken, abusive shit. Either play with all of them or none of them IMO. Oh btw there's longspear extra charge damage, instaed of lance, since lances aren't implemented.

Cool beans about the longspears.

Also there appears to be some other cool stuff there, besides Horse Master, such as Undersized Mount, Mounted Maniac, Trick Riding, plus potentially Mounted Skirmisher (although that last one just negates the changes); Lunge, Armored Might (Mythic), Mythic Shatter Defenses. And the Magus/metamagic stuff, of course. I'm a little tempted.

Although, where to get so many feats from...

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

This game is Calvinball.

Seari, do you happen to know if Lunge can be used from horseback and during mounted Charge?

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe I don't NEED it. But I like hitting them comfortably with my iteratives. Also on Medium BAB characters.

The item you get in Brimorak House in Market Square. +5 to any skill, one hour duration.

And you don’t need Shatter to comfortably land iteratives on regular mobs. Maybe it’s the Phantasmal Web I’m getting from Abundant Nenio? IDK regular mobs die before most iteratives trigger.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone has a list of essential mods for the game? Especially for those not on Nexus.
Only mod I would use is more quickbars but no such exists.

Bubble Buff mod pretty essential at this point. Owlcat could go a long way toward redeeming themselves if they could integrate that.
I change my spellbooks often enough that I would spent more time setting that up than using it. And you need to play with that every 2 levels when you get new spells and then again as you get more spell slots..

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

The item you get in Brimorak House in Market Square. +5 to any skill, one hour duration.

And you don’t need Shatter to comfortably land iteratives on regular mobs. Maybe it’s the Phantasmal Web I’m getting from Abundant Nenio? IDK regular mobs die before most iteratives trigger.

Oh, that thingy? Don't think its called seashell :)
Nevermind though. Guess its pretty nice.
But won't exactly replace feats.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Anyone has a list of essential mods for the game? Especially for those not on Nexus.
I have a short list on my Steam page

Thanks.
Are all the recommended mods in the list compatible with the latest version of the game?
I see a few of the mods are last updated about a year ago.

Qn to guys who used it: Is Tabletop Tweaks good for a first playthrough?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
On Through the Ashes, they give you a Cleric with Brew Potions... and no Knowledge (World), the Sorc has already burned a spell pick on Magic Missile even though the class gives it to him (?) for free next level, and I think you're supposed to topple the Monument on the big Slime but can't activate it in combat.

Seriously, does anyone at Owlcat even play the game?

You can activate it out of combat, hide with character behind it and activate once big Slime passes near.

But if you play smart and use your brains, there are plenty other solutions: for example, you can kill big Slime just by luring it to zombies. Hint: they will kill it.

Desiderius

Patron
I change my spellbooks often enough that I would spent more time setting that up than using it. And you need to play with that every 2 levels when you get new spells and then again as you get more spell slots..

No, seriously, it's way smoother than any mod like it. Try it.

Desiderius

Patron

Oh, that thingy? Don't think its called seashell :)
Nevermind though. Guess its pretty nice.
But won't exactly replace feats.

Lol it's plus five. Skill Focus is +3/+6, Close enough. Combine with meal and buffs and you're as good as there. In any case if you find yourself in a fight where you need an AoE effect everybody is going to have Dazzling for Shatter anyway so just have one fire it off. Burning feats/songs or whatever on Intimidation just isn't worth it. Even Fear is Shaken on made save if you have to.

Desiderius

Patron
But if you play smart and use your brains, there are plenty other solutions: for example, you can kill big Slime just by luring it to zombies. Hint: they will kill it.

Fight triggers independent of Perception check - that's why it's so annoying. Slime technically has Blindsense but there's not even a check, so hiding behind column doesn't work even with infinite Stealth.

What does work after ten tries is hiding on very edge of sight radius 25ft or so from column then clicking on column interaction button from there which triggers a cutscene that takes off half its health. You've now got to close from half a screen away while he pelts party with three different attacks, which end up being managable enough once you hit level 3 (which involves backtracking a good bit suggesting you should do fight on lvl2).

"Guess the clunky UI" isn't what games like this shld be about. Luring it to Zombies fine, but obv main design is toppling pillar and not being able to topple pillar while in proximity to pillar due to both unavailability in combat and breaking the usual rules of combat triggers is poor implementation.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
I have a short list on my Steam page

Thanks.
Are all the recommended mods in the list compatible with the latest version of the game?
I see a few of the mods are last updated about a year ago.
Which mods specifically?

Paradox Deparadoxified and Alignment Shifts that aren't Dumb.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Haha, that was amusing. My beloved Archaeologist is proceeding apace, clearing the map, etc., but on the side I've been trying out a few other characters at lvl 9-10 based on one of the "pre Drezen mythic choice" saves on Nexus. I'd always wondered about a necro lich, and for a fact I have an overwhelming mage necro I'd built from before, parked at Market Square. But I thought to try out her build with the pre-choice save, to see how she'd do in the Staunton and Minagho fight. (All on Core.)

Now bear in mind that my in my Archaeologist run, the team completely obliterated both of them (basically killed Minahgo in a few rounds, and had Staunton down to a sliver before the Minagho escapes cutscene, and making short work of Staunton after that). But with this team it was the other way round, Staunton just obliterated everyone except me, alive but helpless on the floor.

But then a funny thing happened, my necro had managed to get a couple of exsanguinates off on Staunton, so the fight ended up in a sort of glitchy freeze with Staunton basically standing like a lemon bleeding out through about 5 or 6 "empty" rounds or so, and Minagho with her finger up her arse, doing nothing. Staunton "died" from the bleeds, and then the escape cutscene came up, after which my necro lich made short work of Staunton all by herself. She was the last lich standing - which I felt was quite appropriate.

So that tells us 2 things: a) Owlcat hadn't covered absolutely every possibility for the fight, and there was something about the bleed out (or something related) that glitched the game at that point, and b) even with roughly the same team composition, same level, you can have quite variable outcomes.

(Actually, thinking about it now, it wasn't quite the same team - the Archaeologist run had Nerd Commando's Seelah Skald build, and she was sharing Outflank with everyone, and I had 3 solid fighters on Minagho, so there were a hell of a lot of outlfank-boosted attacks of opportunity going off, plus as a melee character doing sneak attacks, my Archaeologist was more immediately useful in that fight.)

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
The staunton fight can be very swingy, depending on the intiative you migh end up partially disabled by minhago, and unless you got some havy min-maxing, stauton can easily delete someone in a full attack round.

I tried fiddling a bit with M9 of golden dragon and it's predictably a mess.

Draconic feat allow you to skip right through the end of a feat chain, but it rarely work. If you pick crane riposte right off the bat, you're getting jack shit, not even a reduction of the malus on fighting defensively. Same for improved finishing cleave.
Also you don't get any skill bonus from the gain of int, I'm probably going to fix this trough toybox.

The mythic golden dragon transformation is the only transformation in the game so far that does NOT allow me to use spell combat. I really don't see the point, you're going to have more attack staying in normal form because of the cranked up BAB, and probably way more synergy with a normal weapon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I was testing ICe prison + favorable magic(azata) + persistent magic(metamagic) and in the log, seems like the reflex save is only checked twice, not 3 times. Putting Persistent magic is worthless in this spell?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom