Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
On the other note, I picked disarming strike as a bonus draconic feat, and it actually work. You bypass the feat, does not care about the loss of CMB because it's not using it, and you benefit from a quite high BAB, so it's something.

Yeah, it's pretty great.

Aldlegend37DisarmParry.jpg

There are now two Feats (I guess one is technically an ability, from Aldori Defender) with that same name. So you get the Disarm on crit, then get the damage tacked on the Disarm, then get the AoO from the mob trying to attack Unarmed.

Sarathiour

Cipher
:deathclaw:

Golden Dragon does not modify any spell dice damage.

This is the most barebone mythic path, it has like 3 feature, and none of them are working.

I refuse to believe that there is any kind of test being done at this point.

Desiderius

Patron
Still sifting through the Ashes...

Ah, Everlasting Torch, the only light weapon that can't be Finessed. Of course they give you a Rogue as your first companion for rub-ins, then add fights where non-bludgeoning weapons do nothing.

Ah but you're supposed to use Bombs on those. Great, that means the companion is the brand new Rogue subclass they added in Wrath that uses Bombs? Hah, of course not.

But you don't get EXP for combat so you're supposed to just avoid it. That's why they gate all the tools you use to activate stuff behind combat.

:negative:

Desiderius

Patron
:deathclaw:

Golden Dragon does modify any spell dice damage.

This is the most barebone mythic path, it has like 3 feature, and none of them are working.

I refuse to believe that there is any kind of test being done at this point.

Stats show nobody plays that far. Suits don't want to fund it.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I think the only point of the crusade mod is to showcase how worse it can be.

Add an encounter against an army of black dragon
Funnily enough, some bug caused them to be immune to physical attack, so only magic attack were effective against them.

Or was it indeed a tribute to HoMM all along ?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Anyway, look like I'm going back to having to play as demon, given it's the only thing that can somewhat synergize with magus.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyway, look like I'm going back to having to play as demon, given it's the only thing that can somewhat synergize with magus.

Sounds like you're exaggerating. A Magus should find something useful on most paths, I think.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I fucking wish.

Main synergy with an azata path would have been zippy magic, but it's actually detrimental because the pathfinding goes ham.
Most of other path only bring synergy with the martial part of magus, so you're going to end up wanting to play an actual martial class and not a gish.

Trickster completely normal metamagic does not work on most of touch spell, and what's the point of having imp crit to 11-20 when the most that you can currently do is a 15d4 spellstrike ? It does not really cut in for the lategame, the lack of intensified metamagic and close range arcan really hurt.
Lich does not merge.
Neither does angel obviously.
Golden dragon only bring BAB, other feature are broken.
Idk for aeon, probably not too good either, swift action are already clogged.
Swarm and Legend are their own beast.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I fucking wish.

Main synergy with an azata path would have been zippy magic, but it's actually detrimental because the pathfinding goes ham.
Most of other path only bring synergy with the martial part of magus, so you're going to end up wanting to play an actual martial class and not a gish.

Trickster completely normal metamagic does not work on most of touch spell, and what's the point of having imp crit to 11-20 when the most that you can currently do is a 15d4 spellstrike ? It does not really cut in for the lategame, the lack of intensified metamagic and close range arcan really hurt.
Lich does not merge.
Neither does angel obviously.
Golden dragon only bring BAB, other feature are broken.
Idk for aeon, probably not too good either, swift action are already clogged.
Swarm and Legend are their own beast.

Well if you don't want to focus on the martial side, then I guess it's tougher. I'd still go for Trickster over demon mechanics wise, I think. Besides crits, remember that touch attack spells can deliver sneak attacks - and Trickster provides a nice boost to those.
Possibly with a Legend finish.

And I'd install TableTop Tweaks for Intensified Spell metamagic and some other functionalities.

Desiderius

Patron
You'd need to find a way to use all the items that boost spell damage in combination with Trickster widening crit range if you want to use Spellstrike. But Bolstered, Max, Empowered Vamp Touches should be enough I think.

Azata is more for the Spell Combat Meta Arcana side with Favorable Magic.

When (if?) they get the game functional I'll show you how to do this effectively with Spell Dancer.

And of course Eldritch Archer is already insane (if annoying because no ranged abilities - that's on Paizo too) with Elemental Barrage and Cleaving Shot. Not sure which Mythic Path goes best with that but no doubt there are several good options.

Sarathiour

Cipher
And I'd install TableTop Tweaks for Intensified Spell metamagic and some other functionalities.

I'm probably going to try that, event if inserted some choice that are questionable.
At least he tried to fix the issue of extra damage proc, but good luck with that, there is a ton of them.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Regill can currently get Travel Domain, but not Impossible Domain, even after he has his first Domain, so no Animals (probably why he doesn't get it).

Full BAB Animal Domain is Trickster only.

Druids can get Animal Domain, but don't get Impossible either.

The ability says only Clerics may take it, but Inquisitors and Divine Hunter can also take it, while Hellknight and Druid can't. Non-Reg HKs can't get a Domain at all, even if they take Godclaw Order.

This game is Calvinball.

Tested this myself and Godclaw HKs do get domains and they do work. Playing with Tabletop Tweaks, so maybe the modder fixed it? Armiger levels don't count towards it though.

Might make a Cavalier with Horse Master and Hellknight build.

Edit: Do HKs get access to Domain Zealot?
Edit2: It says that they should be able to in 1.2.0e patch notes.

Is Horse Master feat included in Tabletop Tweaks? I don't see it on the feature list. If so, what are the requirements?
Kind of intriguing. Then again, could feel a bit wrong to mod the game and cherrypick the functionalities I like, while disabling others (like modifications to mounted combat, charge damage, Glory domain and so on).
Yes it is. Prerequisite is 4 Cavalier levels, the ones that get a horse anyways.

The fixes are great, they fix the broken, abusive shit. Either play with all of them or none of them IMO. Oh btw there's longspear extra charge damage, instaed of lance, since lances aren't implemented.

Seari, do you happen to know if Lunge can be used from horseback and during mounted Charge?

So in case this is of interest to anyone, Lunge from TableTop Tweaks can indeed be used mounted and during charges. Quite lovely with longspears, their reach and their triple mounted charge damage in this mod.

Also I've developed new fondness for the Monitor Lizard pet. Small frame, very good AC and tripping potential. Too bad it normally only grows Medium at level 7. But the Undersized Mount feat + Reduce Person can help here.

The biggest downside of TableTop Tweaks for me is that while you do get iteratives on Charge with Pounce, you get bonus charge damage only on the first attack.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
At least he tried to fix the issue of extra damage proc, but good luck with that, there is a ton of them.

Well, can't say I'm confident he eliminated all... but seemed pretty thorough in my tests.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
While Armiger may do nothing for Hellknight order/discipline/Domain progression, a Hellknight will advance Divine Hunter domains.
Tabletop Tweaks even does away with the Godclaw deity selection requirement for Pentamic Faith selection (you need to pick Godclaw Order though), so this may allow access to various domains.

Desiderius

Patron
You’d need Impossible to pick up Animal Domain tho.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
You’d need Impossible to pick up Animal Domain tho.

Not with Tabletop Tweaks (although I haven't checked if Domains other then on Pentamic Faith list get progress also).

But that's a little moot, as in TT you can simply get Horse Master after Gendarme 4.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
While Armiger may do nothing for Hellknight order/discipline/Domain progression, a Hellknight will advance Divine Hunter domains.
Tabletop Tweaks even does away with the Godclaw deity selection requirement for Pentamic Faith selection (you need to pick Godclaw Order though), so this may allow access to various domains.
That's very interesting. Divine Hunter gives access to impossible domain.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
That's very interesting. Divine Hunter gives access to impossible domain.

Yep. But when I picked Impossible Domain Animal in vanilla - while advancing Hellknight, it didn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Possibly it might work only on domains included in the Pentamic Faith?

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Urban Hunter gets Lunge in Vanilla, and so does Mount.
Colour me intrigued. At what level? Don't see this mentioned in the wiki.
Very late, lvl 12.

Late indeed. Better late then never though.

With Vulpine Pounce and Spirited Charge I expect a lot of overkill damage. Lunge could help with that... issue.

Edit: Can't get domains and Dimension Hop then, though :(
... at least until very late (or conversely get Lunge at 20).

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Well, can't say I'm confident he eliminated all... but seemed pretty thorough in my tests.

The dragon pet you get in chapter 5 also does that, and I don't think I saw any mention of him in the log.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom