Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

IllusiveBrian

Novice
I was testing ICe prison + favorable magic(azata) + persistent magic(metamagic) and in the log, seems like the reflex save is only checked twice, not 3 times. Putting Persistent magic is worthless in this spell?
Favorable Magic + Persistent is logged as two saves that each have two rolls, if you open the details it will show what two numbers the enemy rolled and say Favorable Magic on both the first and second save. So in effect it forces the enemy to pass the save 4 times on the initial hit, from what I've seen only Favorable Magic seems to apply to saves after the initial cast.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone managed to clear the cultists on the stage at the beginning of Through the Ashes, not that it's necessary just curious.

Yosharian

Arcane
Anyone has a list of essential mods for the game? Especially for those not on Nexus.
I have a short list on my Steam page

Thanks.
Are all the recommended mods in the list compatible with the latest version of the game?
I see a few of the mods are last updated about a year ago.
Which mods specifically?

Paradox Deparadoxified and Alignment Shifts that aren't Dumb.
Hmm yeah I'm not too sure about those two, I think they are fine but I will try to check on Discord

Yosharian

Arcane
kyosuke Ok I found out Alignment Shifts That Aren't Dumb still works. Not sure yet about the other one. TBH the alignment mod is way more important, especially if you're playing a Paladin.

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright I updated the modlist to remove the Paradox mod, I found an alternative to it anyway - added it to the tips and tricks section.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone managed to clear the cultists on the stage at the beginning of Through the Ashes, not that it's necessary just curious.

The only people on Discord who say that they did that I think turned off EXP Sharing off so that they get new level during the initial part of the DLC. Not sure if the legit is real or not tho

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Be aware that Toybox screws with the new dlc. You're supossed to get a 15 point buy on character creation, but Toybox makes it 25.

Desiderius

Patron
Be aware that Toybox screws with the new dlc. You're supossed to get a 15 point buy on character creation, but Toybox makes it 25.

The first DLC recreates the HellHouse experience, the second the SwarmCave. People's two favorite parts of P:K.

Guess the third will be a Kingdom Management exclusive.

Desiderius

Patron

The only people on Discord who say that they did that I think turned off EXP Sharing off so that they get new level during the initial part of the DLC. Not sure if the legit is real or not tho

You can do that and get to lvl 2 right after getting the Thief (at the very beginning). You don't have quite enough to get to lvl 3 until just after you escape (just before picking up your party) unless I've missed something. My guess is you can do it with a Sylvan Sorc and Grease + Smilo. Someone mentions that the Cultists have everyone's equipment in a chest so would be curious to see if it's worth bothering.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Alignment Shifts That Aren't Dumb

I really don't get why people are butthurt about this. It's incredibly difficult to purposely change your alignement, so accidentally doing it is even more improbable, and you still got a dirt cheap scroll for that purpose. People want to play a paladin, never pick a single lawful option and then complain that the built-in solution to their refusal of any kind of rp is not to their liking.

The game got a thousand problem, but this is definitely not one of them.

Humbaba

Arcane
The problem is rather that all (Good)/(Evil) options are NG and NE respectively and pull you towards the neutral point. (Lawful)/(Chaotic) options are likewise LN and CN. So if you're something like LG then there are technically no dialogue options that match your alignment. This means that in practice a Paladin may drastically shift back and forth between Mr. Nice Guy and Judge Dredd instead of consistently acting like a benevolent policeman sort of person. Doesn't help that the (Alignment) dialogue options are usually the most stereotypical responses ever.

Desiderius

Patron
The problem is rather that all (Good)/(Evil) options are NG and NE respectively and pull you towards the neutral point. (Lawful)/(Chaotic) options are likewise LN and CN. So if you're something like LG then there are technically no dialogue options that match your alignment. This means that in practice a Paladin may drastically shift back and forth between Mr. Nice Guy and Judge Dredd instead of consistently acting like a benevolent policeman sort of person. Doesn't help that the (Alignment) dialogue options are usually the most stereotypical responses ever.

Exactly.

The Pozzed aren’t CE but the one thing that all agree on is they hate LG with the heat of a thousand suns. So you get an awkward, unstable TN that defines its ethos on never being LG. That’s just Hulrunn ick.

Yosharian

Arcane
Alignment Shifts That Aren't Dumb

I really don't get why people are butthurt about this. It's incredibly difficult to purposely change your alignement, so accidentally doing it is even more improbable, and you still got a dirt cheap scroll for that purpose. People want to play a paladin, never pick a single lawful option and then complain that the built-in solution to their refusal of any kind of rp is not to their liking.

The game got a thousand problem, but this is definitely not one of them.
Butthurt? Dude the alignment system makes no sense. A good action is not a non-lawful one by default.

And this is even if we take it as a given that any of Owlcat's [Alignment] tags make any sense at all which, frankly, they often don't.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I don't think choice being on a single axis is a problem in itself, the paladin dilemma of having to choose between benevolence and law is pretty old. The problem mostly have to do with every choice having the same weight, it's ludicrous to pretend that casual murder is counterbalanced by giving a few compliment to some rando. It's does not help that most of choice are stereotypical to an almost comical point.

Anyway it's more a writing problem than a gameplay one. Alignement shift is extremely slow anyway, I tried to shift from CG to CN on the demon path for rp the corruption quest, it's barely possible. You have to do nearly all chapter three with the most absurd choice, and avoid returning to drezen otherwise yozz is goin to force your hand.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't think choice being on a single axis is a problem in itself, the paladin dilemma of having to choose between benevolence and law is pretty old.
Complete nonsense, I repeat a Good action is not a non-Lawful one by default which is how the game treats it

Sarathiour

Cipher
To be fair, plenty of the game action qualified as good are indeed not lawful. Letting the seelah's aldori friend getting away without any kind of punishment despite her clearly being a deserter is definitely not lawful.

As I said, the problem is more in the lack of nuance and balance.

Yosharian

Arcane
To be fair, plenty of the game action qualified as good are indeed not lawful. Letting the seelah's aldori friend getting away without any kind of punishment despite her clearly being a deserter is definitely not lawful.

As I said, the problem is more in the lack of nuance and balance.
What you described is a Chaotic action.

That's not what we are talking about.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't think choice being on a single axis is a problem in itself, the paladin dilemma of having to choose between benevolence and law is pretty old.
Complete nonsense, I repeat a Good action is not a non-Lawful one by default which is how the game treats it

You’re both right. The “Paladin dilemma” is a false dichotomy but it’s so pervasive now in the culture most aren’t even aware of it (especially these writers). The Pozzed have made a fetish of it.

It was common enough throughout history (usually known as “cheap grace” among other names) but at least within Christianity there’s a framework to correct it. The Poz ditching of Xianity took the brakes off the train so everything collapses into a banal CG/LE axis resulting in things like ACAB.

In practice it plays out as glibertarianism run amok which is why all the corps are so shit hot on it. Lets them get away with literal murder as long as they LARP as CG with the rainbow flag nonsense.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What I don't like about this games in therms of alignment is that every non egalitarian option is considered "evil", while in kingmaker, being "good" is merely being generous and doing good things.

Humbaba

Arcane
LG Paladin types are also allegedly a bit tricky to get right, but taking the previous example, I don't know why they couldn't include a LG option where you can for example suspend or reduce her sentence considering the circumstances of her desertion.

Sarathiour

Cipher
LG Paladin types are also allegedly a bit tricky to get right, but taking the previous example, I don't know why they couldn't include a LG option where you can for example suspend or reduce her sentence considering the circumstances of her desertion.

Mostly bad writing.

Like the obvious answers in this case would be in the first time to arrest her (lawful), and then eventually to decide on a sentence for her, that could be either good or evil.
The whole thing is fucked anyway, it put her in jail and did not have any option beside that. Later on she came back after the fall of drezen, and thanked me for having let her go.
Really tell how pointless the whole thing is.

Hence why the mod is a good idea? Since Owlcat isn't marking their dialogues accurately?
At best, you're putting a bandaid on a wooden leg.
The mod will only make alignement change even slower than it already is, and for a pointless result, just buy a parchment of atonement and don't try to pretend the thing made any sense in the first place.

Sarathiour

Cipher
You’re both right. The “Paladin dilemma” is a false dichotomy but it’s so pervasive now in the culture most aren’t even aware of it (especially these writers). The Pozzed have made a fetish of it.

Seelah should have been a cavalier/knight who could eventually manage to become a paladin (and mechanically gain smite evil/ bond weapon or something like that) instead of this reverse nonsense.

While I'm still:deadhorse: , sacred council from ancestor oracle does nothing, the waps amulet that add acid damage to ray does not work either, and the fire of baphomet shirt does not work on fire ray, going to test with fireball and firestorm later on.

On the other note, I picked disarming strike as a bonus draconic feat, and it actually work. You bypass the feat, does not care about the loss of CMB because it's not using it, and you benefit from a quite high BAB, so it's something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom