Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, can't say I'm confident he eliminated all... but seemed pretty thorough in my tests.

The dragon pet you get in chapter 5 also does that, and I don't think I saw any mention of him in the log.

Don't know. But not all changes are listed.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
While Armiger may do nothing for Hellknight order/discipline/Domain progression, a Hellknight will advance Divine Hunter domains.
Tabletop Tweaks even does away with the Godclaw deity selection requirement for Pentamic Faith selection (you need to pick Godclaw Order though), so this may allow access to various domains.
That's very interesting. Divine Hunter gives access to impossible domain.

Yep. But when I picked Impossible Domain Animal in vanilla - while advancing Hellknight, it didn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Possibly it might work only on domains included in the Pentamic Faith?

So it seems in case of Godclaw Divine Hunter + Hellknight with Pentamic Faith, Impossible Domain does anything only for domains included in the Pentamic Faith.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How does Angel spell Wall of Light work? Can you use the same wall multiple times? Like can I charge through it, teleport behind it and charge throught it again or is it one use?

Sarathiour

Cipher
I picked disarming strike as a bonus draconic feat, and it actually work

The implementation of this feat is very :prosper:

Description stipulate that you does not provoke an attack of opportunity while using it, but the log will actually show one if you miss the maneuver and you will see the enemy animation attack.
Except they will be no actual attack roll, so it will indeed not provoke AoO.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
12 isn’t that late. Have to work hard to get Pounce by then. UH is also only way to get Greater Trip on Mount.

It is if I also want Travel Domain Dimension Hop :)
...which has a higher priority.

You get Hop from Trickster I guess.

Hop is the thing that most narrows down your options. That or (non-horse) Mounted. Too bad Pounce doesn't just turn Charge into a Standard Action. I think it used to be a Standard in P:K.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Quite lovely with longspears, their reach and their triple mounted charge damage in this mod.

Also I've developed new fondness for the Monitor Lizard pet. Small frame, very good AC and tripping potential. Too bad it normally only grows Medium at level 7. But the Undersized Mount feat + Reduce Person can help here.

The biggest downside of TableTop Tweaks for me is that while you do get iteratives on Charge with Pounce, you get bonus charge damage only on the first attack.

Angel gets a +4 Longspear early in Ch 3. And Vavakia Vanguard at the end of Seelah's quest drops a ridiculous one IIRC.

Fabled Hero's Lance.jpg

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
12 isn’t that late. Have to work hard to get Pounce by then. UH is also only way to get Greater Trip on Mount.

It is if I also want Travel Domain Dimension Hop :)
...which has a higher priority.

You get Hop from Trickster I guess.

Hop is the thing that most narrows down your options. That or (non-horse) Mounted. Too bad Pounce doesn't just turn Charge into a Standard Action. I think it used to be a Standard in P:K.

True, my conditions limit my building options a lot. But there is also beauty in that. Get the best out of certain preset boundries/conditions.

Trickster is kind of a no-go for me. Because:
1. I was not planning that - but plans can be changed I suppose,
2. If I ever go down that path, its gonna include Persuasion 2 for the critical feats ASAP - making building even more rigid and greatly delaying any other level 2 Tricks.

Meanwhile my Sanctified Slayer is proceeding quite nicely. Stomped the Grey Garrison, sloughtered the gargoyle cave to save Regill (well, it wasn't ALL roses - Sosiel died on me due to an unlucky Attack of Opportunity cit followed by being focused by other gargoyles).
In general having a rather easy time so far. Although I guess that's largely due to the familiarity with the game.

Leper's Smile coming next.

Desiderius

Patron
Sosiel died on me due to an unlucky Attack of Opportunity cit followed by being focused by other gargoyles)..

Don't take Good companions to Garg Cave - that just turns on Smite Good.

You don't need the critical feats.

Too bad you can't use Fabled's Hero's Lance with your DEX build.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Too bad you can't use Fabled's Hero's Lance with your DEX build.

I don't regret it. Well, except for the reach (that's why I got interested in Lunge). I guess its very nice with TableTop Tweaks. But in vanilla I'd take any generic +3 fauchard over it (most bonus sources of damage on charge get multiplied on crits also). Also it comes too late to really count.

Reach will be missed. But my Str angel cleric/sohei/gendarme was respecced to fauchards (following the fix of Boon Companion and my removal of Mutated Warrior - and greataxe Weapon Training - from the build) with Overwhelming Flames Sword of Heavens upgrade, so time for something else.

On the plus side, having high Stealth, Dex + adding Wis to regularly win Initiative and charge twice / once + full attack before the flat-footed enemies even act IS pretty great!

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Another interesting addition by Tabletop Tweaks is the Quick Channel feat - "You may channel energy as a move action by spending 2 daily uses of that ability". That means Purifier can channel as a Move Action while casting.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I think the Cloak from Areelu's Lab (which is pretty much made for Purifier) lets you do that?

Purifier Cloak.jpg

Nope, but this thing is pretty sweet with Mythic Channeling and/or Mythic Dazzling. Don't think the Daze works on Undead but certainly does vs Demons.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Unfortunately Purifier's Celestial Armor aka Armor Training doesn't actually do anything.

If it worked you could stack some nice AC from CHA with Nature's Whispers, heavy armor and the Mythic Feat from Tabletop Tweaks, Armor Master - "increase the maximum Dexterity bonus allowed by 1 per mythic rank". Slap on a Powerless Phrophecy curse, and now you can't lose the bonus from flat footed.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

Humbaba

Arcane
Unfortunately Purifier's Celestial Armor aka Armor Training doesn't actually do anything.
Is there any, semi-regularly updated at least, list of broken/non-working/otherwise borked items, feats and class features somewhere?
There are enough working items and classes in the game that it is not really necessary to keep such a list imo.

Addendum: "...unless you're one of those weirdos who think AC isn't a complete meme." Should clear up some confusion.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Life Mystery no longer gives Purifier extra channels. It worked a few patches ago. Also Quick Channel does not work with it. Dead archetype.
A shame, it has some interesting things going on.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I’ve been enjoying the changes from tabletop tweaks: prevents things that shouldn’t stack from stacking (mostly natural armor and DR), keeps toggleable items on, fixes some polymorph/size bugs. Makes it so greater magic weapon/magic vestments don’t stack with existing enchantments, they’re still good for keeping items with good effects competitive, but don’t let you get +4/5 items at level 8, which was a bit broken. Selective spell is less OP in tabletop as well… requires level 10 (10 ranks in knowledge arcana) and can’t be applied to spells with a duration like grease and web.

Lots of little (optional) changes, too, like inherent int bonus (e.g. from enlightened philosopher) grant skill points. I’ve been avoiding the added feats for this run even if they’re from official books because I didn’t want to change the experience too much (e.g. the shield bash trip line, armor mastery, etc.).

I also didn’t enable the extra mythic feats/abilities since at least some of them seemed to be from specific mythic “paths”, so it felt wrong to take them—I don’t know how all of that works in tabletop, though.

Thanks for the bubble buff recommendation Desiderius, it makes buffing way less tedious, the UI is excellent and the three buff categories cover pretty much every situation.

I’ve been enjoying my run this time, playing on hard and haven’t had to drop it. At level 7 working my way toward Drezen, paladin and deliverer are both sitting at 30AC unbuffed, with smite and veil paladin mc can get up to 36 vs an evil outsider by himself + having Nenio write level 7 mirror image scrolls, then cast blur/displacement for tough fights. Had a little bit of trouble with the undead smilodons, but mirror image + displacement actually makes it pretty feasible to tank them for a couple rounds. Also nenio w/ shadow conjuration grease.

The divine slayer has been surprisingly good; he hasn’t even gotten to his first iterative yet, but he is critting for around 100 damage with bane up—first mythic ability I took for him was domain zealot (luck domain), which makes landing crits much easier. Built him for AoO’s as well to spread the luck around even more! Unfortunately I didn’t realize outflank is essentially seize the moment but better, so he has both… combat reflexes is still good. Also, I think even if something is sneak immune, studied target gets applied if you meet sneak attack requirements?

Not sure what mythic ability to take next on him, was thinking either impossible domain for community (just got Regill and am planning pentamic faith for nobility domain) or ever ready for better AoO’s.

I ended up taking Last Stand first on the Deliverer since as long as he is hitting an evil / chaotic enemy he won’t go down… thematic, but leads to death instead of KO if he gets unlucky, so last stand gives a little more breathing room.

razvedchiki

Magister
I don't regret it. Well, except for the reach (that's why I got interested in Lunge). I guess its very nice with TableTop Tweaks. But in vanilla I'd take any generic +3 fauchard over it (most bonus sources of damage on charge get multiplied on crits also). Also it comes too late to really count.

Reach will be missed. But my Str angel cleric/sohei/gendarme was respecced to fauchards (following the fix of Boon Companion and my removal of Mutated Warrior - and greataxe Weapon Training - from the build) with Overwhelming Flames Sword of Heavens upgrade, so time for something else.

On the plus side, having high Stealth, Dex + adding Wis to regularly win Initiative and charge twice / once + full attack before the flat-footed enemies even act IS pretty great!

info on the build? i was thinking 5 mutated warrior for the training and the rest gendarme.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

info on the build? i was thinking 5 mutated warrior for the training and the rest gendarme.

Which version, though? :D

The current played Dex Sanctified Slayer 16 / Gendarme 3 / Sohei 1?

The more feat abundant build, perhaps better suited for Trickster and some other roles: Sacred Huntsmaster 8 / Mutation Warrior 5 / Gendarme 3 / Sohei 4?

The Tabletop Tweaks build I've been pondering Divine Hunter 2 / Gendarme 8 / Hellknight 10?

The old Angel Cleric 8 / Sohei 6 / Gendarme 3 / Loremaster 1 / 2 whatever?

Gendarme / MW can certainly work. I'd add there Sohei 1 (in light armor) for Flurry +1 max BAB attack (or Sohei 3 for 1 more bonus feat, Evasion and +1 additional Full BAB attack on demand).

But I love having Vulpine Pounce + Spirited Charge + Swift mobility tool - generally Dimension Hop from Travel Domain - so I build for that.

Desiderius

Patron
DivineHunter 20 Aeon is the way to go.

Smooth sailing the whole way once Precise Companion Outflank gets fixed/modded.

Beast Rider 20 Trickster close second.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Magister
i was interested first for an instictual warrior/mutation fighter trickster/legend, but then decided on gendarme/mutation warrior.
by the way do you get any encounters where you fight mounted opponents?

Sarathiour

Cipher
My main beef with tabletop tweak is tow of the point you mentioned : DR is mostly irrelevant by the time you're getting it, stacking is the only thing that keep it somewhat useful.
Nerfing magic vestment while simultaneously allowing to be cast on unarmored character is also pretty bad, monk dip + archmage armor is already a meme, you don't need tu push people further into this direction.

Trying to autisticly emulate tabletop is a bad idea, a few balance change are obviously necessary.

Also I get that elemental barrage needed to be fix for magus/warpriest/djin abuse, but how exactly does it function post-fix ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom