Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does Cleric has access to Litany of Eloquence? If he doesn't then any Inquisitor class is better. Period. Once you have tried the spell it becomes impossible to play Unfair without it. The ability to control tough enemies for 1-2 turns without any saves means you don't even need a crowd control character in your party.

But my main point is I have no idea how people play Unfair without an Oracle. How do you prevent your pets from being fucked by crowd control? And if you use an Oracle I am not sure why you will want to use a Cleric too.

No, only Paladin got that spell other than Inquisitor. It is really a powerful tool, especially with extend rods. I usually take it with Lann since he got good initiative. Just waste 1 or 2 spell pen.talents.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nenio can Litany of Eloquence a whole battlefield for the whole fight or whatever. Inquisitor is already so Swift-flooded I can't tell if you're serious. And Paladin wants to be laying down Smites and Marks with its Swifts. Are you giving her Mythic Spell Pen to get through SR?

there's not much there to make him fight bette
Uh, Frightful Aspect? I've talked big about Clerics fighting but have in fact found that it's usually not needed much on Sosiel vs casting and using Domain abilities because of all the rest you get.

Inq Jae was (eventually) great but I also ended up fighting a good bit in P:K with Tristian and Harrim so whatever.

MC Crusader with Shield-bash and MC Demonbane Priest with Heavy Armor both fought fine STR-based with Angel Path, but once merge kicks in it's just better to cast anyway.

Lvl13HolyWord.jpg

Barbarian

Arcane
Is a playthrough with a small party(3-4) viable? I remember in kingmaker there was that mandatory party split part in the bloom.
In one of the parts in act 3 you need a party of size at least 3 I think to open a door to progress in the main quest.
That's the only one I know of for wrath, concerning the main quest.

I rebooted the game. Making a playthrough with a party of 4 - MC(a Magus eldritch scion), Woljif, Wenduag and a mercenary Oracle I created.

Game is much more tolerable this way. Woljif and Wenduag are tolerable - walking overplayed clichés of the tiefling rogue and the monstrous minion, but at least not some annoying out of place wokesters like the rest of the roster. "Crusaders" are still a bunch of woke faggots but the thought that I will eventually be able to rain down demonic vengeance on their sodomite necks lategame is conforting. Also skipping most dialogue and cutscenes.

Playing on core. Seems the (much) quicker leveling up makes up for fielding two less bodies, and both Wenduag and Woljif are very optimized and efficient from the get go. Don't know if late game will become too challenging with this setup.

I might add Greybor to the party. Regill I assume is incompatible with chaotic/demon into legend playthrough. Have toyed with the idea of removing the oracle merc but I suppose the game will become inconvenient or too difficult without a healer/divine caster in the party.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Amusingly enough, apparently Regill will never leave you except on the Swarm path.
The only person that leaves your party for turning demon is Arue, and that's if you haven't corrupted her first.
Seelah gets more upset about you embracing undeath than becoming a literal demon.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Is a playthrough with a small party(3-4) viable? I remember in kingmaker there was that mandatory party split part in the bloom.
In one of the parts in act 3 you need a party of size at least 3 I think to open a door to progress in the main quest.
That's the only one I know of for wrath, concerning the main quest.

I rebooted the game. Making a playthrough with a party of 4 - MC(a Magus eldritch scion), Woljif, Wenduag and a mercenary Oracle I created.

Game is much more tolerable this way. Woljif and Wenduag are tolerable - walking overplayed clichés of the tiefling rogue and the monstrous minion, but at least not some annoying out of place wokesters like the rest of the roster. "Crusaders" are still a bunch of woke faggots but the thought that I will eventually be able to rain down demonic vengeance on their sodomite necks lategame is conforting. Also skipping most dialogue and cutscenes.

Playing on core. Seems the (much) quicker leveling up makes up for fielding two less bodies, and both Wenduag and Woljif are very optimized and efficient from the get go. Don't know if late game will become too challenging with this setup.

I might add Greybor to the party. Regill I assume is incompatible with chaotic/demon into legend playthrough. Have toyed with the idea of removing the oracle merc but I suppose the game will become inconvenient or too difficult without a healer/divine caster in the party.
Regil can only leave you if you are a complete idiot for the entire game and only in his last quest (at least if I remember correctly).

Desiderius

Patron
You’re one of Regill’s companions rather than the other way around. If you’re progressing the game then you can’t help to be useful for advancing his objectives.

Barbarian

Arcane
Amusingly enough, apparently Regill will never leave you except on the Swarm path.
The only person that leaves your party for turning demon is Arue, and that's if you haven't corrupted her first.
Seelah gets more upset about you embracing undeath than becoming a literal demon.
I don't care about sistah paladin from the hood and could barely stand her in the tutorial chapter, can't fathom having her tagging along for the entire game. Ditto for surfer bro mongrelman and faggot artsy negro cleric, along with all others.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't care about sistah paladin from the hood and could barely stand her in the tutorial chapter, can't fathom having her tagging along for the entire game. Ditto for surfer bro mongrelman and faggot artsy negro cleric, along with all others.

Surfers aren’t particularly Lawlful. Lann’s more of a hapa sperg, and those can come in handy as long as your MC is male so you can be spared his cringe romance dialog.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Some games have you saving your money for powerful magic items, in this one you're saving up for mercenaries so you can free yourself from all the clowns and queers that follow you around giving their opinions.

Barbarian

Arcane

Surfers aren’t particularly Lawlful. Lann’s more of a hapa sperg, and those can come in handy as long as your MC is male so you can be spared his cringe romance dialog.
He speaks and sounds like some californian skate/surf scene "dude bro". Also quips wanker Joss Wheadon style "jokes" every two sentences.

Barbarian

Arcane
Wenduag is actually pretty based if you think about it. Pretty much the only companion going "maaster, please kill all these woke faggots" and "maaster, at least leave all these faggot losers to be slaughtered by demons as they deserve".

It is supposed to be pretty evil, but in the end she is only sensible. Also Woljif deserting the faggot crusade because he doesn't want to fight and die for the sacred iomedan right of lesbians to marry.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Wenduag is actually pretty based if you think about it. Pretty much the only companion going "maaster, please kill all these woke faggots" and "maaster, at least leave all these faggot losers to be slaughtered by demons as they deserve".

It is supposed to be pretty evil, but in the end she is only sensible. Also Woljif deserting the faggot crusade because he doesn't want to fight and die for the sacred iomedan right of lesbians to marry.
Oh, I have bad news for you then
He rejoins the Crusade after tricking a bunch of Cultists into thinking he's a prophet of Bahomet or something. Him ditching the Crusade at the end of Act 2 is part of his questline. In Act 3 you'll find Greybor though, who's one of the few straight companions. He's also a married man (to a woman and he has a daughter, iirc) and a Dwarf

Barbarian

Arcane
I assume he rejoins for selfish reasons as the stereotypical self-serving thief? Not because he cares about the sufferings of the orc-tranny couple or any other of the iomedae sodomites?

If so that is alright.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah compared to PF:KM the henchmen in WoTR were much much worse except Reg and Octavia those two can die in an aids fire.

I actually like KM better thinking about it. Jaethal is downright based.

To fix WoTR they should give some normal henchmen or let you get Galfrey earlier.

Desiderius

Patron
I assume he rejoins for selfish reasons as the stereotypical self-serving thief? Not because he cares about the sufferings of the orc-tranny couple or any other of the iomedae sodomites?

If so that is alright.

You save his ass from a situation where he’s gotten in over his head. Again.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
What's the best way to tackle the final boss (i.e. Areelu) on Unfair? I've reached the end of my year-long Unfair run of both games. I haven't been reading ahead, so I quickly realized upon reaching her that I'm totally fucked in the companions I chose and need to restart from the camp. I had my Demonslayer Archer Tricketer mc, Soseil, Seelah, Ulbrig, Demon archer lady, and Nenio. Her 50% non-illusion based concealment is annoying, so I need some melee with blindfight, I think.

I'm thinking I might ditch Soseil for my Sensei (who has higher WIS and can also cast guarded hearth in addition to mass true strike), and maybe switch out the Demon archer lady for camelia. However, most strategies I've seen on youtube go for MASSIVE damage super fast using Trick Fate + melee, and my camelia is rapier based, so her damage sucks relative to others. I wish I still had Wendaug, but I might go with Woljif. I have lots of money, so I can also still make a pure melee merc just for this fight if need be.

Dispel magic greater w/ the item that lets you take 20. Will take about 3 times to get rid of all the buffs. If you have an alchemist or BFT that can throw echolocation on everyone that'd be good to let you bypass concealment. Pound her away. Her AC was a little high for me the first time through but random crits + outflank procs with ever ready still took her out in like 2 or 3 turns for me.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Dispel magic greater w/ the item that lets you take 20. Will take about 3 times to get rid of all the buffs. If you have an alchemist or BFT that can throw echolocation on everyone that'd be good to let you bypass concealment. Pound her away. Her AC was a little high for me the first time through but random crits + outflank procs with ever ready still took her out in like 2 or 3 turns for me.

Yeah, my mc can dispel all of her buffs in one hit using Trickery Rank 2. I'll maybe do a BFT. I didn't think of echolocation as the only characters I have who have it can only self-cast it.

I don't think it's possible to crit her anymore, though. Which is annoying. Many guides talk about her being super easy, but I think they buffed her post-release.

I don't think it's possible to crit her anymore, though. Which is annoying. Many guides talk about her being super easy, but I think they buffed her post-release.

She has 75% fortification which means you just gotta get lucky. If you have a high crit rate (and you should with trickster), you should get lucky at least once per round.

Echolocation doesn't work on her. Maybe the blind fight feats tree, didn't try.
You sure? Thought it did.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Unless it was changed in some recent patch, her concealment comes from a demonic aspect, aspect of Areshkagal on which spells don't work and you can't dispell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom