Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

She has 75% fortification which means you just gotta get lucky. If you have a high crit rate (and you should with trickster), you should get lucky at least once per round.

She is immune to crits and precision damage.

I'm 100% sure that outflank procs on her since I've done it constantly. I'm fairly certain that crit immunity would prevent outflank from triggering (fortification does, and she does have 75% fortification, so that will hurt your crit rate a lot). If it does prevent the crit damage but not the crit itself then it doesn't really matter, you want the outflank procs more than the crit damage anyway. When I get a crit that causes 5 pages of AoOs that do 2k damage I don't bother scrolling up to see what the initial hit did.

EDIT:

Yeah I crit her just fine?

8jJM4X2.png

vDUIDUF.png

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I am 100% sure she remained immune to crits even without ice body, one year ago... but I assume they keep nerfing the game.
Can you try to enable "Additional enemy behaviors: On" in the difficulty and see if you can still crit?
Also do sneaks work now?

EDIT: Also don't use bane of spirit.

This is straight unfair so additional enemy behaviors is on.

One thing I do notice is that her character sheet still says she's immune to critical hits. If that's what you were going by then maybe its bugged and not properly delisting immunities once she loses them?

Not sure on sneaks, don't have a character with them atm.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Echolocation was recently fixed to no longer make the character blind? Not sure if that was vanilla patchnotes or TTT.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'm 100% sure that outflank procs on her since I've done it constantly. I'm fairly certain that crit immunity would prevent outflank from triggering (fortification does, and she does have 75% fortification, so that will hurt your crit rate a lot). If it does prevent the crit damage but not the crit itself then it doesn't really matter, you want the outflank procs more than the crit damage anyway. When I get a crit that causes 5 pages of AoOs that do 2k damage I don't bother scrolling up to see what the initial hit did.

EDIT:

Yeah I crit her just fine?

8jJM4X2.png

vDUIDUF.png
Did you just do this now? I tried just now and I can't get crits, despite having the same BAB as you.

Did you just do this now? I tried just now and I can't get crits, despite having the same BAB as you.

According to above post it's bane of spirits ring. Although anything ghost-touched should also work I think? Yes I did this just now.

Honestly bane of spirits is so stupidly OP, how has that not been nerfed. Why yes I would like my whole party to pierce every kind of resistance with every kind of damage they could deal as a free action, yes that's actually quite a nice ability to have, thank you owlcat.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

According to above post it's bane of spirits ring. Although anything ghost-touched should also work I think? Yes I did this just now.

Honestly bane of spirits is so stupidly OP, how has that not been nerfed. Why yes I would like my whole party to pierce every kind of resistance with every kind of damage they could deal as a free action, yes that's actually quite a nice ability to have, thank you owlcat.

Well, I don't have it, so fuck me. Finnean is ghost touched, right? If so, merely being ghost touched doesn't seem to work, as I was using him, and no crits.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well, I don't have it, so fuck me. Finnean is ghost touched, right? If so, merely being ghost touched doesn't seem to work, as I was using him, and no crits.
Act 6 Finnean should no longer have Ghost Touch.

Desiderius

Patron
I remember there being a workaround people were talking about where you blind yourself then use Blindfight/Echolocation to get around Areelu's inherent 50% miss chance. I think Yosharian identified it. Maybe that's what it relates to. In any event TTT must have fixed it because Echo never blinded my toons.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Beat scorcher of souls. I don't like it. I actually think its harder and more unfair than Playful Darkness, because the game outright lies to you what Fire Shield does and forces you to use ranged attacks on it because if you melee it you pretty much die. Playful Darkness is a lot more straightforward in comparison.
Oh and then there's the AoE attack spam but fire protection + resist mitigates most of it so its fine.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Isn't that a downgrade? Does he get something in return?

Desiderius

Patron
Somewhat hidden optional boss after beating Baph. Have to Dimension Door to get to it.

Scorcher info.jpgScorcher 2.jpg

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

I think it gets something called animal (beast?) bane.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well yes, Brilliant Energy. Which is pretty fantastic - except against Undead and Constructs. And other uncorporeal enemies, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom