Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Brilliant Energy can be pretty powerful but it's a bit annoying to have permanently on your weapon sometimes

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Brilliant Energy can be pretty powerful but it's a bit annoying to have permanently on your weapon sometimes
That's why you have a back-up in the other slot.

It is *way* better in Wrath than it was in P:K, especially on the hardest fights.

Mephisto Seelah 19 Brilliant Energy.jpg

-16 here is Brilliant Energy

Seelah Tank solo opening Playful.jpg

-9 here

Unfair Abode Seelah opener.jpg

Getting Brilliant Energy here from Divine Weapon Bond instead of Mount.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
With Trickster you can cheese by repeating add/remove Finnean from inventory until you roll some nice extra modifiers. :obviously:

Last edited:

MartinK

Learned
Is this game enjoyable for somebody who doesn’t think highly (to put it mildly) of Pathfinder and D20 system variants in general? Is there fun ot be had in figuring out how to make the most broken builds possible at least, the one thing D20 is good at?

Barbarian

Arcane
Eldritch Scion legend build planning - which other class to take besides the obvious Eldritch Knight? That will be 30 levels used(20 ES + 10 EK), I don't know what to do with the other 10 I will get. I picked abyssal bloodline for thematic purposes(demon into legend playthrough).

Crossblooded sorcerer for a second bloodline and more spells? Or just dip another fighter class for even higher BAB and feats? Dragon disciple would be nice mechanically but I would have to respec my character with some draconic bloodline - also wouldn't fit with the character theme and roleplay.

Desiderius

Patron
Eldritch Scion legend build planning - which other class to take besides the obvious Eldritch Knight? That will be 30 levels used(20 ES + 10 EK), I don't know what to do with the other 10 I will get. I picked abyssal bloodline for thematic purposes(demon into legend playthrough).

Crossblooded sorcerer for a second bloodline and more spells? Or just dip another fighter class for even higher BAB and feats? Dragon disciple would be nice mechanically but I would have to respec my character with some draconic bloodline - also wouldn't fit with the character theme and roleplay.
EK is never obvious if you're playing Pathfinder instead of 3.5, and especially here where you've got no spellbook for it to advance (Legend can't go past 20). I liked Aldori Swordlord/Duelist Legend so that could work with Scion.

Desiderius

Patron
Is this game enjoyable for somebody who doesn’t think highly (to put it mildly) of Pathfinder and D20 system variants in general? Is there fun ot be had in figuring out how to make the most broken builds possible at least, the one thing D20 is good at?
There are no broken builds. It's about getting the most out of the archetype you want to play and how well it fits with the party you envision using.

ZZ7LtHT.png

Playful status: rekt.

It's much more about build combinations and stacking multiple sources of buffs than having any one broken build.

There are no broken builds. It's about getting the most out of the archetype you want to play and how well it fits with the party you envision using.

Yeah there's a few broken builds lol. Proccing mythic charge 30-50 times in a round is a bit much.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Damage packets picking up additional bonuses. They're slowly cleaning those up.

How are you dealing damage 3 times per hit?
Living Ram is an additional proc on charge, Devastating Blow from above is an additional proc on weapon attacks, Ring of Sacred Touch is an additional proc on touch attacks. Currently have 4 weapon attacks + 2 bites and 1 gore. If anyone knows of more ways to get a weapon damage proc then tell me.

Is this playable without a buff mod?
Reasonably playable on core. If you have a good team you only buff maybe twice per dungeon + 1 more time for the boss with rnd/level buffs.

Last edited:
btw, just noticed a bug: Arcane Weapon Enchantment buffs (like +1d6 elemental damage ones) don't appear to be properly applied if you are mounted when you cast it. So my damage in the previous screenshot was quite nerfed and should have something like 60d6 total more damage.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Living Ram is an additional proc on charge, Devastating Blow from above is an additional proc on weapon attacks, Ring of Sacred Touch is an additional proc on touch attacks. Currently have 4 weapon attacks + 2 bites and 1 gore. If anyone knows of more ways to get a weapon damage proc then tell me.

Boots of Stampede (available right away in Act 4). Baby dragon (Act 5).

Well, Aeon Bane used to be real nasty with such procs. Oh, and Resounding Blows too, I believe. MoJ obviously.

Desiderius

Patron
Is this playable without a buff mod?

Once you go BubbleBuff you won’t want to go back. Core can be played with min/lvl buffs, Hard with rnd/lvl, Unfair once you have a good handle on what you’re doing. Lower difficulties with longer duration buffs and decent play.

The game gives you enough rest to make good use of short duration abilities where they’re needed.

Once you go BubbleBuff you won’t want to go back.
True but I think at least attempting your first game on normal or core without it is a good idea. Buffbot does feel a little "cheaty". On the other hand replays without it at higher difficulty levels would be unbearable.

Boots of Stampede (available right away in Act 4). Baby dragon (Act 5).

Well, Aeon Bane used to be real nasty with such procs. Oh, and Resounding Blows too, I believe. MoJ obviously.
Yep this is what I'm planning (though I'm on Demon and I'm not sure how to get Resounding Blows on a Magus spell book). MoJ = Mark of Justice I assume? Using that + Sentence

Desiderius

Patron
It is the default class of the third companion you meet, so it is likely more than three.

Very strong class with solid flexibility as it picks up class levels.

scytheavatar

Scholar
It is the default class of the third companion you meet, so it is likely more than three.

Very strong class with solid flexibility as it picks up class levels.

It's a garbage class compared to Sohei. Because you can't fury with Rapid shot and Manyshot as a Zen Archer, while you can as a Sohei. Not to mention Sohei comes with a free horse to be a meatshield.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
OK, I have created my party to tackle the final boss. I was limited by the gear I had at the mid-chapter 6 camp, because I'm not doing that opening boss/no-rest gauntlet again, which is why my Skald merc has to use a Glaive rather than something else. I created the Paladin & Skald mercs myself, avoiding critical hit based feats.....because what's the fucking point if the final boss is immune? Also, I have the mythic trick that allows you to take feats without pre-reqs, which actually means that it's kind of cool to build mercs at level 20 because you can skip certain pre-reqs.
  • mc Demonslayer Trickster Archer
  • Paladin (Seelah replacement): Longsword + Tower shield, mounted, with Max cha for Mark of Justice. Took advice of a youtube video I watched and added Monk and Bloodrager dips, but I avoided all critical hit feats to maximize basic BAB and damage. Also has blind fight + greater blind fight.
  • Sensei (Soseil Replacement): Unarmed, Vital Strike Focus, with Max WIS for Guarded Hearth. Will have blind fight when I get my final mythic.
  • Nenio (Because, Duh)
  • Skald: Glaive focused, with all the skald rage shit. Honestly, I've never played a Skald before. I was just looking for additional ways to max to-hit, and I found a youtube video (some slav guy) laying out an unfair build. I mostly followed it, but avoided all the crit-based feats. Also have blind fight + greater blind fight.
  • Ulbrig: Honestly, my existing Ulbrig build is pretty good, although I never finished the final boss of his dlc quest, so I don't have his most powerful items. Will have blind fight when I get my final mythic.

Now I just need to make it past all the fucking boss-level trash mobs in the second half of chapter 6 without crit feats on (most) of my melee characters. However, my Demonslayer, Ulbrig, and Nenio (rays) have all the critical hit feats, so hopefully it will be fine.

Will it succeed? Who knows. I have to go to bed, so tune in tomorrow to find out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom