Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Ryzer

Arcane
Probably. I do try to read as much of the dialogue as I can. Well, except for what Irabeth says. If its not relevant to the main story I just skip it.
Each dialogue is a huge slab of text thrown at the player, Owlcat took the route "More is better" instead of quality over quantity.
Most of the time, the dialogues don't have much to say.
And yeah, with the DLCs, they greatly augment the time spent completing the chapters as they add new characters arcs.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, by the end of the game I started to just skim over most text.
I found that there's only 4 things worth reading -
Anything worldwound related, so you know what the hell is going on.
Anything Melphisto related
Anything Regill related
Occasionally some Nenio parts where she sperges out and annoys the hell out of a Demon Lord.

The rest is meh.

Broadly agree but Daeran stuff is good too, consistently pretty funny and taking the piss out of characters who deserve it.

Cam is mildly amusing just because the writing is so constantly over the top beating you on the head with the fact that WINK WINK SHE MIGHT HAVE ISSUES. Like you hired a 12 year old to write a character with one character trait but instead of a short story its 1000 paragraphs of text. And its some bad 50 shade of gray ripoff romance writing. "Camellia lustfully licks her lips and moans as she sees the carnage and remarks 'oh no, how awful'". Like I normally skim over this shit that's irrelevant to the message of what I'm reading because I'm a seasoned speed reader but its actually ironically hilarious.

The most unbearably boring companions are Ember/Sosiel, then Lann/Seelah.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Daeran is a good character arc imo indeed, with the inquisitor. One of the rare times I picked the good alignment option as I was caught into the story.
Also Wenduag > Lann.
Lann is just an annoying moralfag, while Wenduag is an edgelord.
To a greater extend, Moralfag characters in this game are all annoying.

Regill is a great moralfag.

My problem with Wenduag is that she just doesn't really have character development. Her arc is "might makes right" -> "I'll follow you" ??? "the guy who humiliated me, has mythic power, has shat on archdemons, is no longer strong enough for me" -> "wait guess I was wrong, now might makes right again and I'll follow you". There is a small amount of wiggle room where you get her to act nicer but its really just acting nicer rather than changing her inherent ideals. On second thought this might reflect fundamental female nature on both accounts. WotR, the romance redpill game.

Ryzer

Arcane
Regill is hardly a moralfag, he is considered evil in the game because he has hardly any moral and will use any mean available to achieve his goal, whatever the situation.

Last edited:
A moralfag is just someone who is pushing their way of viewing the world onto you at every turn. He has morals, they are just very different.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
A moralfag is just someone who is pushing their way of viewing the world onto you at every turn. He has morals, they are just very different.
The transvaluation of all values distilled in one sentence of ultimate cringe.

You have been assimilated.

Desiderius

Patron
Wrath dialogue reads like a therapy session. There's a reason for that.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
1. (Good) Long and painstakingly detailed response relevant to current quest and recent plot events.
2. (Evil) Let's kill everybody and rape the corpses, copy&paste 100x into every dialogue.

I have an idea that I want to test out. Do Stormlord's Bracers work to set electrical damage on all energy spells (like Magic Missile), or just elemental spells? I am hoping that I can blend it with TTT Elemental Spell metamagic to trigger an elemental barrage for each missile. I am going to try it out tonight. At current ML5, I should be able to achieve something like 8d8+5(5d6+1d4+3) damage per cast of Magic Missile, which is a cantrip for my Trickster.

I also found a sickle in the markets which I can use on my own characters to randomly boost a stat by +2. Hello, infinite wand of cure critical wounds! If these bonuses remain indefinitely (not purged on rest), my hero is about to ascend to demigod status.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
1. (Good) Long and painstakingly detailed response relevant to current quest and recent plot events.
2. (Evil) Let's kill everybody and rape the corpses, copy&paste 100x into every dialogue.
Wrong, in the first chapter, evil answers are more pertinent than good ones.
Also, Lich> Azata hippie.

Last edited:

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
time for librarian burnies.jpg

Average American librarians resting atop a heap of CSAM, circa 2028. No subsequent photos were available.

Ryzer

Arcane
I'm kinda fed up about Kineticist and its 3 capacities one shotting enemies.
What class do you recommend for providing multiple options for encounters?
Monk Sohei? quaterstaff master? Scaled fist? Traditionnal?
Bloodrager primalist?
Magus Sword Saint?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3851267

Papers and Packing – Physical Rewards Status​

Hello, Pathfinders!

Like we said in our previous update, we’ve finally made sufficient progress with the physical rewards shipping situation. We’ve finished preparing all necessary papers, conducted an inventory at the warehouse, accounted for all the items, and started packing Individual orders for shipping. We can’t wait to start sending out the packages! Because some items are fragile and need to be packed with extra care and love, and because we have a lot of items to ship, this process is taking some time.

3c41cad890e23874524ea0a8d7e451ae_original.jpg

Still, we hope that in our next update we will announce that the shipping has finally resumed. Thank you for being patient with us!

Additionally, we want to congratulate our friends at BKOM and Paizo on Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults - Hack & Slash ARPG being fully founded! We are very excited about this game.

That is all for today. Stay tuned for our next update from Yerevan, Armenia!

663b8ac372aab1e8433a2ec0b886c2a5_original.jpg

Love, Owlcats

Desiderius

Patron
Bloodrager primalist?
Magus Sword Saint?

Your party has six members, not one.

Desiderius

Patron
Qstaff Master Angel is a nice one if you like CMs. Trip supplemented with Disarm and Sunder on targets where those are good, plus dice keeps growing to so can hit hard with Legendary Proportions. Size also buffs CMB.

Reformed Fiend Bloodrager Aeon works well as a Cleaver.

Arcane Rider has a teleport that takes your mount with you, though Bladedancer meta-caster seems like it would be fun. I like the racial special archetypes in general. Phantasmal Mage with Shadow spells makes up for the downside of Arcanist and gets free Meta, Order of the Paw has an AoE advantage on saves ability and tanks well, and Purifier has a Cloak just for it in the Lab. Student of Stone is held back a little since Elemental Fist is so bad but Shaitan kind of gets there late with an AoE Stagger. I played it with Aeon and it had some good play to it. Only one too hard for me to get into is the Human one, though I guess if you like switching up your party make-up it could fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
Bloodrager primalist?
Magus Sword Saint?

Basically this game highly encourages you to have party members that specializes and spams the same thing rather than have "multiple options". At higher difficulties enemies have AC, saves and CMD to absurd levels that mean you can't kill them unless you build your character around 1 thing. A class that provides multiple options is a good indicator that the class is shit.

Just now learned that Mark of Justice only applies to other party members of the paladin, not the paladin itself. What the fuck...

I assume this is a bug? Not sure if this is a hard and fast rule in D&D rules lawyering like it is in some other games, but generally anything that mentions "friendly" or "ally" includes you unless it specifies something like "OTHER allies".

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Bloodrager primalist?
Magus Sword Saint?

Basically this game highly encourages you to have party members that specializes and spams the same thing rather than have "multiple options". At higher difficulties enemies have AC, saves and CMD to absurd levels that mean you can't kill them unless you build your character around 1 thing. A class that provides multiple options is a good indicator that the class is shit.
Suck less. It's fun.

Desiderius

Patron
Just now learned that Mark of Justice only applies to other party members of the paladin, not the paladin itself. What the fuck...

I assume this is a bug? Not sure if this is a hard and fast rule in D&D rules lawyering like it is in some other games, but generally anything that mentions "friendly" or "ally" includes you unless it specifies something like "OTHER allies".
Just now?

It's already broken in half in this setting, and I'm known not to use that word lightly. So you throw on a Smite next round if you need it, or use the Smite to boost AC and throw on Mark to follow.

It's the only thing keeping the ability remotely balensed.

Just now?

Always used it with Seelah and then I'm mostly watching my strongest melee character's attacks/damage, which is either myself or someone else with their own personal buffs and who isn't maxing CHA. Don't really have time to check that every character has every buff working properly.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Finally reached Threshold
Some things I noticed -
- Stormcallers are bullshit and way too overtuned. Even with Resist and Protection their spells still deal a lot of damage.
- Storyteller is an absolute beast who basically solo'd the Balor and 2 Vavakias
- Galfrey is still useless
- On Devil Mephisto comes to help and he can also basically solo the enemy too. In fact, its recommended you let him solo the demons because he will cast Dictum and it will kill half your party.
How do you block dictum anyway? It says Sonic, but as it doesn't deal damage I'm going to assume that Protection from Sonic / Resist Sonic isn't going to do anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom