Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Delterius

Arcane
I like to look at the Mythic Spellbook and take a class/archetype that doesn’t duplicate those spells.
That's sensible. But, otoh, when I played a wizard trickster having a mini sorcerer book with which to cast my defensive spells was a big load off my main spellbook.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That’s less of an issue for a Gish since you’re attacking instead of casting in combat, but it’s the same number of spells either way. You’ve got five other characters to help with that too.

Desiderius

Patron
Usually don’t need to but yeah it picks up extra activations as you level.

frajaq

Erudite
...is there a way to explore all of Kenabres + Do all the companion sidequests, and still have time to strike at Gray Garrison before the Tavern gets attacked? Core difficulty and above btw, I would love to know the actual time limit in hours

Tenebris

Scholar
...is there a way to explore all of Kenabres + Do all the companion sidequests, and still have time to strike at Gray Garrison before the Tavern gets attacked? Core difficulty and above btw, I would love to know the actual time limit in hours
There's two ways you can do this. One is a bit cheesy and the other is intended. If you do the Tower of Estrod you are given some additional time before the attack I think it was an additional day ontop of the 3 you have as standard. For me this was always plenty though it depended a lot on my Commander's class and build.

The second way is to rush it and save the Story Teller and complete the quest with Irabeth. She'll give you the reward for completing the quests before the Tavern gets attacked and you'll then get your party select for Gray Garrison, exit out of that selection and you'll now have unlimited time to explore Kenabres. Keep in mind though by skipping the attack you will miss out on the additional fights that spawn only after the tavern defense.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
There's really no need to do everything before Defense, just the things that are unavailable after.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

You don't actually need to fully do Marketplace btw. The big timegated thing for Marketplace is:

1. Easier time killing your local inquisitor
2. Saving one of NPC for unlocking Azata without killing said local inquisitor without going full Angel option everytime by that point
3. One miniboss who will get replaced by another miniboss iirc

In general you can and want to avoid the mid section of the map with the Shades swarm and you will get easier time.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Do a muscle wizard
Tried that in kingmaker but sucked ass.

Wait, is this viable now with the mythic stuff?

Sounds like you are the one who sucked ass at making builds cause Melee Sorcerers are more effective than Pure Martial characters in Kingmaker. In WOTR Melee Sorcerers are actually less effective due to almost everyone having true sight, rendering spells like Mirror Image useless.

frajaq

Erudite
The second way is to rush it and save the Story Teller and complete the quest with Irabeth. She'll give you the reward for completing the quests before the Tavern gets attacked and you'll then get your party select for Gray Garrison, exit out of that selection and you'll now have unlimited time to explore Kenabres. Keep in mind though by skipping the attack you will miss out on the additional fights that spawn only after the tavern defense.

lmao this worked thank you, kinda weird they didnt patch this out

I went and waited like 2 days on the map afterwards to see if the attack happens but... nope! seems talking to Irabeth gets rid of the Tavern attack sequence entirely!

Desiderius

Patron

You don't actually need to fully do Marketplace btw. The big timegated thing for Marketplace is:

1. Easier time killing your local inquisitor
2. Saving one of NPC for unlocking Azata without killing said local inquisitor without going full Angel option everytime by that point
3. One miniboss who will get replaced by another miniboss iirc

In general you can and want to avoid the mid section of the map with the Shades swarm and you will get easier time.
The Inquisitor comes in handy in main Garrison fight (Jeslyn). Unless you're RPing he's a better recruit than the Desnans. If you want the Mithril +2 Heavy Shield (good for Daeran because low weight) you need to let out the Vrock before Defense. The Necromancer has a Cold Iron Glaive* +1 that also has a minor damage proc that's useful to bypass Demon DR. Not sure if Nabasu spawns after Defense if you don't kill him (maybe you have to get the message at the end of the street where he is to spawn Nabasu). Also recruit Thieflings.

So I end up clearing Market before Defense. Can probably hold off on Wicked Longbow Shadow Demon (Angel ability reveals him) and Brimorak House until after if you want. Otherwise only need to clear Tower and Library (save Storyteller). I usually get Daeran and clear Cam House too, but save Succubus, Alchemist, and Wraith house until after. Daeran fight can get dicey on Hard/Unfair.

* - Dark Horn, Marching Terror is not Cold Iron. MC gets +1 on Glaives from Book in Maze so if you've got Martial Prof can be worth it to use them until better weapons show up.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Inquisitor comes in handy in main Garrison fight (Jeslyn). Unless you're RPing he's a better recruit than the Desnans. If you want the Mithril +2 Heavy Shield (good for Daeran because low weight) you need to let out the Vrock before Defense. The Necromancer has a Cold Iron Glaive* +1 that also has a minor damage proc that's useful to bypass Demon DR. Not sure if Nabasu spawns after Defense if you don't kill him (maybe you have to get the message at the end of the street where he is to spawn Nabasu). Also recruit Thieflings.

Right I guess the Vrock for shield is also time-gated. And yeah I pointed out the miniboss being replaced by other miniboss being the necromancer and the nabasu, not sure what happens if you skip it, probably gonna miss one of them.

And I am not saying you have to kill Hulrun, but if you do, doing so before Tavern Defense is easier. You do need to recruit Desnan if you want to unlock Azata and if do it post tavern and you haven't gone full Angel you do have to fight him.

Getting, Ember, killing the Vrock, killing the Neromancer, triggering Daeran quest is the only thing you have to do first time with killing Hulrun being optional

So I am trailing on the end of Chapter 3, skipping day after day waiting for the queen to show up. The only think I have to fill the time are campaign card events and the occasional companion quest that pops up. Between that walking from x to y to face walls of text about things I don't care about, WotR is good at wasting my time.

Regill is excluded though. What a prestigious SOB. One of the best written NPCs in 20 years, if not ever.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Just spent an hour editing enGB.json to turn Anevia into Anvenn, a cishet man (pronouns: he/him/his) who is the husband of Irabeth. Changed a few dialogues to make him more masculine, though that is a monumental task obviously since they wrote him as a faggy bitch.

At the end, I realized I should have instead changed Irabeth into a man. She's basically already one. Dammit.

Still, at least I didn't waste the time actually playing Wrath.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Suggestions for how to rewrite these nine dialogues to be about something other than a kid getting groomed into a tranny freak?

"24edb00f-be6d-4b38-94b1-2f6df35cfa63": "\"Still gnawin' on that bone, huh? Well, fine — I'll tell ya.\" {n}Anvenn sighs.{/n} \"Here's the thing: my mother didn't have a daughter. She had a son, who she hid from her enemies in the temple of Desna. They gave me a new name and dressed me as a girl so no one would find out... And it turned out that after years of living in that temple, I realized something: those clothes and that new name suited me down to the ground. I never thought of myself as a man in all that time.\"",

"70dbd0fb-7d09-4aa5-8cd5-d75656199d16": "\"No, Commander. Take it from me, you don't need to know.\" {n}Anvenn shakes his head, making it clear that questioning him further would be pointless.{/n}",

"f3d809ea-6b33-4321-96cc-bad2b601a049": "\"When I left the temple, I lived as a woman. Not exactly hard, seeing how I was traveling alone. Then I met Irabeth. You can't imagine how terrified I was of telling her the truth... But she understood and she accepted me. And she even pawned her family heirloom to help me. The medicine she got for me, the thing she pawned her sword for, was an elixir to change my physical gender. That's it. That's the story.\"",

"5871d52c-dc0b-49f7-b6c3-42df87ce449f": "\"Because it's nobody else's business. You know the truth now — has it changed anything?\"",

"49c0dac9-d7b1-48cf-b2f4-0fdc2f48de4f": "\"No. I've always been me. I just needed time to understand that. And the help of my beloved to transform my body to the way it was always meant to be.\"",

"a8a79b10-6686-4eb2-a6ce-e0de63c1736b": "\"Don't even ask. That name has meant nothing to me for years — it's just sounds. There's probably nobody left alive who knew that person. I'm Anvenn Tirabade, that's all there is to it.\"",

"a044b0e1-b590-446c-8f07-738e488f99e1": "{n}Anvenn shrugs.{/n} \"Are you expectin' me to apologize for who I am? Never gonna happen.\"",

"8e140f7b-ad2f-4829-b72d-80a7da57e1cc": "\"Thanks.\" {n}Anvenn smiles.{/n} \"It's all down to Irabeth. I don't know how I would've survived without her. Truth is, I wouldn't have.\"",

"1bbf4146-23d7-4711-a2a1-5f8175f0fa95": "{n}Anvenn shrugs.{/n} \"No problem. Like I said: I'm all good now. This little detail about my personal life's got nothin' to do with the crusade.\"",

Desiderius

Patron
Just spent an hour editing enGB.json to turn Anevia into Anvenn, a cishet man (pronouns: he/him/his) who is the husband of Irabeth. Changed a few dialogues to make him more masculine, though that is a monumental task obviously since they wrote him as a faggy bitch.

At the end, I realized I should have instead changed Irabeth into a man. She's basically already one. Dammit.

Still, at least I didn't waste the time actually playing Wrath.

Irabeth is the dude. They’re both backwards.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Suggestions for how to rewrite these nine dialogues to be about something other than a kid getting groomed into a tranny freak?

"24edb00f-be6d-4b38-94b1-2f6df35cfa63": "\"Still gnawin' on that bone, huh? Well, fine — I'll tell ya.\" {n}Anvenn sighs.{/n} \"Here's the thing: my mother didn't have a daughter. She had a son, who she hid from her enemies in the temple of Desna. They gave me a new name and dressed me as a girl so no one would find out... And it turned out that after years of living in that temple, I realized something: those clothes and that new name suited me down to the ground. I never thought of myself as a man in all that time.\"",

"70dbd0fb-7d09-4aa5-8cd5-d75656199d16": "\"No, Commander. Take it from me, you don't need to know.\" {n}Anvenn shakes his head, making it clear that questioning him further would be pointless.{/n}",

"f3d809ea-6b33-4321-96cc-bad2b601a049": "\"When I left the temple, I lived as a woman. Not exactly hard, seeing how I was traveling alone. Then I met Irabeth. You can't imagine how terrified I was of telling her the truth... But she understood and she accepted me. And she even pawned her family heirloom to help me. The medicine she got for me, the thing she pawned her sword for, was an elixir to change my physical gender. That's it. That's the story.\"",

"5871d52c-dc0b-49f7-b6c3-42df87ce449f": "\"Because it's nobody else's business. You know the truth now — has it changed anything?\"",

"49c0dac9-d7b1-48cf-b2f4-0fdc2f48de4f": "\"No. I've always been me. I just needed time to understand that. And the help of my beloved to transform my body to the way it was always meant to be.\"",

"a8a79b10-6686-4eb2-a6ce-e0de63c1736b": "\"Don't even ask. That name has meant nothing to me for years — it's just sounds. There's probably nobody left alive who knew that person. I'm Anvenn Tirabade, that's all there is to it.\"",

"a044b0e1-b590-446c-8f07-738e488f99e1": "{n}Anvenn shrugs.{/n} \"Are you expectin' me to apologize for who I am? Never gonna happen.\"",

"8e140f7b-ad2f-4829-b72d-80a7da57e1cc": "\"Thanks.\" {n}Anvenn smiles.{/n} \"It's all down to Irabeth. I don't know how I would've survived without her. Truth is, I wouldn't have.\"",

"1bbf4146-23d7-4711-a2a1-5f8175f0fa95": "{n}Anvenn shrugs.{/n} \"No problem. Like I said: I'm all good now. This little detail about my personal life's got nothin' to do with the crusade.\"",
Rewrite? No, what you is press the delete button.
Both Irabeth and Anevia are cringe.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Rewrite? No, what you is press the delete button.

That will likely break the game. He needs to say something when the player goes down those dialogue paths.

Irabeth is the dude. They’re both backwards.

Yes, I realize I fucked up. It's still an improvement.

Also I removed all references to Irabeth being half-orc, green skin, orc father, discriminated against by white people, etc.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Based when you finish the faggotry removal mod I'll install it. How is a gay or a black a paladin? Makes zero sense. They don't even act like paladins.

Taking a little break from my hard sword saint playthrough (just got out of the shieldmaze) I can see that the Kensai has the potential to one shot bosses with his skills.

Is 20 SS the way to go or anything to drop in there for some extra AC or something?

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
What do you get by beating chapter 1 without defending the tavern? I always thought the defense was preferable due to the bonus experience and the additional encounter available in the marketplace afterwards.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Based when you finish the faggotry removal mod I'll install it. How is a gay or a black a paladin? Makes zero sense. They don't even act like paladins.

Taking a little break from my hard sword saint playthrough (just got out of the shieldmaze) I can see that the Kensai has the potential to one shot bosses with his skills.

Is 20 SS the way to go or anything to drop in there for some extra AC or something?
Can do 2 IW with solid Wis for more AC, Uncanny Dodge, more Initiative, more Speed, occasional Rage boost (if no Skald).

Can also do 5/7 Mutagen Warrior (7 only if no IW) for Mutagen, Weapon Training (including access to best weapons for Dec builds with Fighters Finesse), more feats.

Pure also works fine though.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
it's made for guys who talk like this and never stops feeling like it:

"This style of RPG has always been built on a foundation of RTWP" .... this cuck has never heard of the Gold Box series.

It's IGN journo. He went trough character creator, it means he was the most intelligent in whole bunch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom