Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Mutagens are overrated. Doesn't hit +3 AB until level 12 (and +4 at 16) on Vivi, which is a 3/4 class with no other way to boost it's AB. Mutation Warrior doesn't hit +3 until *lvl 15* and sacrifices Armor Training which means it takes the movement penalty (including Charge range) for Medium and Heavy Armor, aside from the DEX bonus limits. Also doesn't unlock the Advanced Armor Training features in TTT/Dark Codex.

AB is just not that hard to get in general and you're operating on a 1-100 scale instead of the familiar 1-30 from 3.5 or 1-60 in P:K. The Nat armor bonus is nice but there are a few other ways to pick that up as well. Why not have fun with a class that hasn't already been done to death by the powhurrdurrgamers and show them what this rule set can do?

Not too bad but I think I'll drop STR a bit for extra INT for more skills really want persuasion I can do greataxe instead of falchion. Why do people still use falchion? Shouldn't I have shatter defenses too? Would the dual scimitar skald be better?
Only reason to go Falchion is for Jinx

https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Jinx

The description lies, if it hits something that is hexed then it straight up just hits twice, effectively doubling everything. It's not quite great as it sounds since in practice you're not going to use hexes much except for boss fights.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
Not too bad but I think I'll drop STR a bit for extra INT for more skills really want persuasion I can do greataxe instead of falchion. Why do people still use falchion? Shouldn't I have shatter defenses too? Would the dual scimitar skald be better?
Only reason to go Falchion is for Jinx

https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Jinx

The description lies, if it hits something that is hexed then it straight up just hits twice, effectively doubling everything. It's not quite great as it sounds since in practice you're not going to use hexes much except for boss fights.

At higher difficulties almost every battle is a boss fight so.......

Not really with good builds. By chapter 2-3 your melee characters should be able to 1-turn most common enemies they can get a full attack on. In such a scenario wasting another character's time to cast a hex for even more damage isn't a great use of a turn. Hard difficulty even more so.

If you have martial proficiency anyway and are a class that can apply Keen to your weapon for maximum crit rate then its fine to pull out of your pocket for bosses though.

Desiderius

Patron
Half-Orcs get Falch prof (as a background?) so it's good with Shaman for instance that doesn't have Martial Prof.

There are a couple other ones later that are solid. I think the +4 that kills stuff under 100HP is pretty good because +4 is higher than other stuff where you get it (end of labyrinth?) and the damage from the attack applies before it checks for the 100HP. I think. Only tested it once.

Non-bosses tend to be relatively easy to control even if you aren't killing them right away and/or not that big of a threat to your dudes in any case so doubliing attacks against Hexed (many Hexes apply for a round even on made save) mobs is pretty good, depending on how many bonuses the additional hit picks up.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay I've finished angel and lich now I'm going for trickster.

I found this build online (crpgbro youtube) for trickster skald looks pretty fun.

Skald 2H Build:

Class - Skald
Race - Human
Background - Pickpocket
Ability Scores - 19 > 24, 12, 14, 12, 8, 14
Skills - Athletics, Both Knowledges, Both Lores

1 Lingering Performance // Power Attack // Metamagic (Extend Spell)
2 Cleave
3 Extra Rage Power - Animal Fury // Beast Totem, Lesser
4 Spells
5 Cleaving Finish or Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Fauchard
6 Lethal Stance
7 Outflank // Combat Reflexes
8 Spells
9 Seize the Moment // Beast Totem
10 Spells
11 Improved Critical: Falchion or Fauchard
12 Beast Totem, Greater // Improved Initiative
13 Improved Improved Critical
14 Spells
15 Improved Improved Improved Critical // Deadly Accuracy
16 Spells
17 Improved Improved Improved Critical Improved // Weapon Focus (Falchion)
18 Lethal Acuracy
19 Metamagic (Completely Normal Spell)
20 Spells

Trickster Mythic Path

1 Close to the Abyss // Ever Ready
2 Power Attack (Mythic)
3 Last Stand or Mythic Charge // Knowledge (Arcana) 1 rank
4 Improved Critical (Mythic) // Perception 1 rank // Perception 2 rank
5 Mythic Charge or Last Stand // Athletics 1 Rank
6 Improved Initiative (Mythic) // Infuse Magic Device // Reuse Magic Device
7 Elemental Barrage // Knowledge (World) 1 rank // Use Magic Device 3 rank
8 Archmage Armor // Lore (Religion) 1 rank / Knowledge (World) 2 rank
9 Enduring Spells // Lore (Nature) 1 rank // Athletics 2 rank
10 Greater Enduring Spells // Athletics 3 rank

Well, Str is good.

Fauchard is nice in order not to frontline and still attack, trigger and take advantage of crit chains.
Shatter Defenses yeah, probably should be there. Unless running with TTT with someone else on Mythic Shatter duty.
Seize the Moment is redundant on the other hand - unless running with lots of ranged characters.

Would be nice to also fit Intimidating Prowess - and pick Persuasion Trick 1 first. Its the best Intimidation method in the game. Passive and without range limitations!

Overall would be great party support with decent personal performance.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm going to think of a unique build so I'm not a cookie cutter and can have fun.

I just can't think of anything besides martial for trickster.

I guess I'll just blankly stare at the character creation page for half an hour.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, a Mobility Dex Trickster is lots of fun with great battlefield mobility and zillion attacks per round. Can use different classes for that. Though Sword Saint and Mutation Warrior tend to be some of the best. I guess a Vivi would work well also... or even a Sanctified Slayer with Improved Religion Trick to double-stack Touch of Good/Madness Domain bonuses (or also penalties in case of the latter). Up to +40 from self buffs would be kinda nice.

I'm going to think of a unique build so I'm not a cookie cutter and can have fun.

I guess I'll just blankly stare at the character creation page for half an hour.
I will second that Sword Saint is optimal for Trickster, but it works just fine for a caster. It takes a bit longer to develop, but I consider it equivalent to Azata, especially if using TTT.

I am curious to try a shadow shaman trickster. That seems like it has a lot of good synergy.

Delterius

Arcane

Full Caster Trickster = Raycaster. It's the main synergy you have as Trickster is the only mythic out there with no bonuses to DC. All you have to figure out is how to reach Improved Critical:Ray before level 11. You can do it with EK and, provided it's not bugged again, you can do it with Loremaster as well. The bug being that you can't use the entire Improved Critical tree if you picked the normal first feat via a Secret.

My only protip is to not ding past level 10 until you reach Mythic Rank 4, so that you can start the Improved Critical and CNS as soon as possible. Which is key. Tricksters are late bloomers. Trickster Rays bloom even later than normal.

Aarwolf

Learned
Jesus Christ, I'd done the Enigma (Nenio quest, lategame egyptian temple with loads of puzzles and stones with blue lines shit) once before but I'd forgotten how horrifically awful it is. Absolutely the most annoying and irritating puzzle shit level ever designed in any game ever.

I hate her quests and puzzles, so if I have to do Enigma, I just spawn ~20 crystals via toybox and I'm done with this shit. There's also very handy mod to solve all the puzzles: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/246

This, of course, if you're ok with cheating a little bit (or headcanon it into your trickster mythic power, whatever). I usually play casters, so I'm ok with forgetting that Nenio and her quests exist at all.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Okay sword saint it is.

Still using two handers and ignoring spell combat right?

My personal recommendation is to go two-handed Dex with Power Attack and Estoc or ECB and pick Mobility Improved Trick at MR4.
Maximize Mobility, pick race with Mobility bonus, pick Skill Focus, Stealthy, eventually Mythic Skill Focus Mobility.
Makes for a unique, fun and extremly powerful playstyle.

TTT goes well with it, with Impossible Speed Mythic Ability, Shingle Runner and also Graceful Athlete.
I also recommend TTT Reworks for this build, as then getting Perception Trick a bit later is not painful and Tricks are more interesting and better balanced overall.

But its still great without TTT.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Does this weapon enchantment go for more than a minute?

JbdeaHF.jpg

I guess I'll respec then.

Desiderius

Patron

Don’t be a phaggot.

Read the Mythic Tricks - they’re the fun stuff. Pick the ones you want (you get the advanced versions slowly so rank them) then think of what class/archetype would go well with that Trick(s).

Doesn’t have to be a Martial, Trickster Sneaks can add some damage for classes that struggle to do enough, but it comes down to what fits the party you want to play with and the unique features of the Path you choose.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Why is a single player game connected to the internet? This isn't even on startup, this is with the game paused since last night.

I get that the jews spy on us all constantly regardless, it would be nice to be safe in vidya games.

1688141416210.png

Desiderius

Patron
Tried that in kingmaker but sucked ass.

Wait, is this viable now with the mythic stuff?

People are drawn to that kind of thing because it was fun in 3.5 (and any archetype can in fact be viable in Wrath) but to get the most out of the PF ruleset I’d look at the hybrid archetypes already built around it.

I like to look at the Mythic Spellbook and take a class/archetype that doesn’t duplicate those spells. So for Trickster that would be something like Inq/Hunter/Shaman. Wildland Shaman gets a Pet + that Falch with the Hexes to turn it on.

That also applies to Martials of course but several of the companions are already martials. All depends on what team you want and what they’re missing.

Desiderius

Patron
Enduring Blade Arcana (available at level 6) makes it last minutes per level.

Divine Weapon Bond on Pal *starts* at min/lvl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom