Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

I developed the +4 bariche that uses INT for attack and damage. Now resisting the urge to reroll as a SS.

scytheavatar

Scholar
I developed the +4 bariche that uses INT for attack and damage. Now resisting the urge to reroll as a SS.

That weapon is a n00b trap, you will never be able to scale your INT to as high a value as you can with your STR. Not to mention you will never want to use a non 18-20 crit range weapon as a SS.

Aye, INT for an SS is good because you add it with your strength, but the Bardiche replaces your strength bonuses with intelligence bonuses (if int is higher). It's there for if you make Nenio an Eldritch Knight.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Aye, INT for an SS is good because you add it with your strength, but the Bardiche replaces your strength bonuses with intelligence bonuses (if int is higher). It's there for if you make Nenio an Eldritch Knight.

Which lets her get Pounce Racial. Her BAB isn’t high enough without EK. The one place where EK is good.

I still got her STR higher. The whole exercise is absurd compared with her Illusion Magic. Self-nerf is never as fun as it looks.

Level 20 SS Nenio and Level 10 SS/Level 10 EK Nenio can both have the same illusion DCs though (unless you were planning on exploiting Expanded Arsenal). The feat tax to enter EK is negated by the fact that their bonus feats can be used for improved initiative (which you want because you want to cast Weird first and then have the rest of the party clean up). All you miss out on is 1 level of spellcaster progression which for a Wizard just makes you a Sorcerer.

Of course ultimately you're really just giving her something to do when fights are too easy and quick to be worth casting spells. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

frajaq

Erudite
woah I can sneak and loot the good shield without having to fight the scary scary Vrock, just have to pull him once and run to de-aggro him, he barely gives XP too lol

KOPMAMu.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Level 20 SS Nenio and Level 10 SS/Level 10 EK Nenio can both have the same illusion DCs though (unless you were planning on exploiting Expanded Arsenal). The feat tax to enter EK is negated by the fact that their bonus feats can be used for improved initiative (which you want because you want to cast Weird first and then have the rest of the party clean up). All you miss out on is 1 level of spellcaster progression which for a Wizard just makes you a Sorcerer.

Of course ultimately you're really just giving her something to do when fights are too easy and quick to be worth casting spells. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

None of which is close to worth it. “Just” one caster level means for the rest of the game you’re missing your best spells and every spell you cast sucks by 100/CL%, and you have less casts, and give up a level of progression in class abilities, and Wizard bonus Caster Feats, and Capstone.

She even has a solid no save Blinding Ray ability from Illusion School if for whatever reason you’re desperate for something to do when not casting, but by that time she has plenty of casts anyway as pure Scroll Savant. EK makes the Blinding Ray suck appreciably more since it only works on CL and below enemies.

Last edited:
None if which is close to worth it.
It can be worth it if 95% of the fights you're just watching RTwP combat go and want her to do something. Plus she still gets AoOs and can crit w/ outflank.

“Just” one caster level means for the rest of the game you’re missing your best spells and every spell you cast sucks by 100/CL%, and you have less casts, and give up a level of progression in class abilities, and Wizard bonus Caster Feats, and Capstone.
If 90% of your casts are going to be instant death spells, CL doesn't matter except for minor spell penetration advantage.

# of casts basically doesn't matter. Like, you need more than 9 casts of Weird per rest? OK scribe a weird scroll every time you rest then. Now you can cast it literally every battle for long areas like Iz. Nenio really has no excuse for ever needing more spell casts.

Wizard bonus feats won't matter much if you're just casting weird and not abusing Expanded Arsenal to benefit from taking Spell Focus 20 times. SS doesn't have a capstone.

Really there's no reason not to prestige class a SS. The only question is tradeoff vs. something like Loremaster.

She even has a solid no save Blinding Ray ability from Illusion School if for whatever reason you’re desperate for something to do when not casting, but by that time she has plenty of casts anyway as pure Scroll Savant. EK makes the Blinding Ray suck appreciably more since it only works on CL and below enemies.

Nothing worth casting it on is less than your CL past the very early game of WotR.

Ryzer

Arcane
Why is this game so bloated? The chapter 2 is like a big fat hamburger with 10 layers of meat that you have to eat and dear god it is hard.
I'm advancing so slowly, I don't feel like the story advanced one inch.

Last edited:
I beat the Midnight Fane. Decent dungeon. I was able to do the entire thing without resting until I got to Playful Darkness. Sheesh. That guy lived up to his reputation. I felt rewarded for my long wait to Mythic 4 though. Infinite wand of Cure Critical Wounds, Mirror Image, and Good Hope made such endurance possible. The Dezzarand fight was fun. I did it several times just for the thrill. The demon city is clumsy with the camera, but so far kind of neat. I like all of the skill checks, and the shifting of the city based on camera orientation is neat. Gives it a fitting disorientation that the Abyss should have.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, Wrath is a much longer game than KM and it feels like it. Some parts of the game are just way longer than they should be and feel pretty exhausting.
I'm trying to do Enigma and I was surprised by just how long it is. It's actually feels longer than the Prison, and that's a major area.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
why do I have 200 hours in wrath
My brother in Baphomet, why indeed. Even my first walkthrough was 90+ hours. And that was a full walkthrough.

My last Demon run ended in 70 hours in Wrath. Skipped Nenio's dungeon but did Midnight Isles.
Kingmaker is at least 90 hours and that's with skipping DLC dungeon and some kingdom management.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom