Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Literally just running away in real time mode. Ideally you have the hat that lets you quicken haste.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
whats the counterplay to the dragon in chapter 3 ambushing me out of nowhere and one shotting two party members with her breath on the road?
Don't fight, run to the area exit. Unlike most cases you are allowed to run away this time. Its just that due to jank the cutscene may not immediately play, so the dragon might get a breath attack off
This also means that unless Daeran has those boots that give constant Freedom of Movement, his Powerless Prophecy debuff will screw you over.

frajaq

Erudite
Yeah that worked just fine, the actual fight with proper preparation wasnt hard

Now I need to figure out what to do with those VERY high AC demons that are starting to appear, I know part of the answer is finding ways to attack the Flatfooted/Touch AC instead but its not clear how to do that as Kineticist, or which Companions to use

Kineticist? Easy. Energy-based attacks all target touch. Eventually you'll get AoEs that don't need to hit AC.

Aside from that, or if you can't target touch AC, Paladin's Mark of Justice and a bunch of domain spells can boost AB. There's of course plenty of others but these are the conventional ones that you'll have from default companion builds.

You can also use Greater Invisibility with long ranged attacks to stay invisible and therefore target flat footed AC. Doesn't work against certain enemies and others that see invisibility will need Mind Blank to avoid them seeing you.

Yosharian

Arcane

Now I need to figure out what to do with those VERY high AC demons that are starting to appear, I know part of the answer is finding ways to attack the Flatfooted/Touch AC instead but its not clear how to do that as Kineticist, or which Companions to use
Shaken + Shatter Defenses

Humanophage

Arcane

If you apply Mark of Justice to them, it will increase the damage they receive from the feat Destructive Shockwave. Destructive Shockwave ignores AC. A dual-wielding melee companion can then make a large amount of attacks which will each deal about 20 damage (i.e., something like 5 damage originally plus the bonus from the Mark). In my case, it worked well with the mounted slayer dwarf.

Yosharian

Arcane

If you apply Mark of Justice to them, it will increase the damage they receive from the feat Destructive Shockwave. Destructive Shockwave ignores AC. A dual-wielding melee companion can then make a large amount of attacks which will each deal about 20 damage (i.e., something like 5 damage originally plus the bonus from the Mark). In my case, it worked well with the mounted slayer dwarf.
Huh that's a pretty cool trick. Are any other riders applied to the DS damage?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
whats the counterplay to the dragon in chapter 3 ambushing me out of nowhere and one shotting two party members with her breath on the road?
Don't fight, run to the area exit. Unlike most cases you are allowed to run away this time. Its just that due to jank the cutscene may not immediately play, so the dragon might get a breath attack off
This also means that unless Daeran has those boots that give constant Freedom of Movement, his Powerless Prophecy debuff will screw you over.
Well, that works.

Or win Initiative and cast Communal Protection from Fire.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So I tried to use the Sickle of Wicked Rites to give my own characters attribute bonuses. This is a bit tricky, since WotR doesn't just let you attack your own party members (at least anymore). I got around this by putting Regil in a secluded corner, having Ember turn him insane, and then using my trickster infinite cure critical wounds wand to keep the test subject from dying. Considering the damned thing is called "Sickle of Wicked Rites", this demented situation in a demonic city felt perfect. It worked like a charm, except for the fact that the weapon wasn't applying the bonus. I guess the item description of "enemy" is taken seriously. Very disappointing. Now I'm trying to figure out how I can get one of my party members to turn hostile. Is there any way to turn them berserk, like in the IE games?

Well, Confusion should do the trick. But no guarantee about the behaviour. UNLESS you have a Warpriest with Madness Blessing - Control Madness.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Personally, I prefer actually hitting the enemies and doing full and/or critical damage to them...

Haplo I used Insanity because it has a permanent duration. Confusion doesn't last long enough to be reliable. The +2 attribute effect is not applied on hit though. I would like to believe I could make it work if I could turn a party member hostile, but I suspect it's either bugged or has a hardcoded condition. My other experiments and work arounds have produced zero results.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, allies under Dominate leave the party and act as hostiles. No idea how to use it on allies yourself, though (in Deadfire Confusion was helpful to target allies with hostile effects, but not here I think).

Herumor

Scholar
Is The Last Sarkonians the last DLC for this game? I did originally play the game on release once, as an Aeon, and I do want to play through the game again, but I figure I might as well have all the extra content to go through all at once as well.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Alternatively you could do a lot more damage by missing less which gets a lot easier when you’re not burning your Mythics on things intended to help people playing the inappropriate difficulty for their skill level.

Desiderius

Patron
Huh that's a pretty cool trick. Are any other riders applied to the DS damage?

I'd guess Judge's Sentence works since in my game it basically performed identically to MoJ in all respects (though only 1/3rd the damage).

By the time Judge gets around to applying all its Swift Actions the fight should already be over.

Desiderius

Patron
But yes Judgements do end up being really good. Jae slayed.

Tacticool Leader is probably pretty good but I’ve never tried it.

EdgyRightWinger

Educated
Patron
Is it normal to have a bunch of dead end nodes on the world map? Will more locations open up near them later? This is in act 2. MC has +34 perception.

1689038693207.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom