Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

MerchantKing

Learned
You know what would have made these games better? If instead of just throwing a bunch of magical items at you everywhere, if the strongest stuff you could get were the enchanted items made by your party wizard. This is one of the things that made SoZ and ToEE so great.

Yeah you could install the mods to craft items. But it really should have been something that was in base game instead of the high end gear being the unique items found everywhere with all sorts of abilities a wizard or cleric couldn't have put on them in the first place.

Aarwolf

Learned
Yeah, and that means I have to do it every time?
Correct. Same way you have to do Nenio's dungeon every time. Otherwise, you didn't beat the game.
Nenio's dungeon is an acquired taste. I hated it on my first character and loved it on my third. :balance:
I do it every run, it's the most atmospheric dungeon in the game:

:balance: :mca:

Love the dungeons aesthetics and music but awful playing experience specifically the bad puzzle design. Doesn’t help that I find Nenio insufferable and her idea of being smart is a Big bang character.

Use puzzle skip mod + give yourself 20 blue sources (or whatever they are called, blue stones that you have to put in the sockets) via toybox and it becomes... bearable? Still, it takes 45-60 minutes to do Enigma with this, so if you're not a completionists don't even bother.

Yeah, and that means I have to do it every time?
Correct. Same way you have to do Nenio's dungeon every time. Otherwise, you didn't beat the game.
Nenio's dungeon is an acquired taste. I hated it on my first character and loved it on my third. :balance:
I do it every run, it's the most atmospheric dungeon in the game:

:balance: :mca:

Love the dungeons aesthetics and music but awful playing experience specifically the bad puzzle design. Doesn’t help that I find Nenio insufferable and her idea of being smart is a Big bang character.

Use puzzle skip mod + give yourself 20 blue sources (or whatever they are called, blue stones that you have to put in the sockets) via toybox and it becomes... bearable? Still, it takes 45-60 minutes to do Enigma with this, so if you're not a completionists don't even bother.

Unfortunately I play on console so all the conveniences of skip Nenio’s dungeon, more portraits and the bubbles mod are not available for me.

I can’t you tell you how much of pain it to have to buff for 30 minutes for each encounter and I not even playing on core or unfair difficulty.

Below Core you shouldn't really need to buff that much. Just minute/day buffs should keep you going through most of a dungeon. Worst comes to worst, get the mythics to make your spells last a whole day. Having 50 buffs active at all times is certainly more powerful than a few mythic feats.

Below Core you shouldn't really need to buff that much. Just minute/day buffs should keep you going through most of a dungeon. Worst comes to worst, get the mythics to make your spells last a whole day. Having 50 buffs active at all times is certainly more powerful than a few mythic feats.
True. I have a tendency to over preparing beyond what’s necessary.

Only time where I didn’t overly buff was Nenio boss dungeon which ended exactly how you think….

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Chapter 4:

You seriously can't remember what all my party members were wearing, and then re-equip everything when I get my stuff back?

You fucking bitch?

I’m halfway through The Dance of Mask DLC but I noticed how people are celebrating you when you’re pretty much a full fledged Demon at that point.( even dressing like you as a demon)
this becomes worse since in Act 5 you can rain down abyss fire to the entire crusade army that turns into a utter bloodbath .( including Galfrey) so having them hail you as your saviour is perplexing, doubly so how there no mention of the horrific act in DLC . Also I believe Lich has same problem in glassing a city and having an army of the undead.

Really feel that those evil mythic’s should have gotten the swarm treatment in the DLC since it makes sense story wise.

Also annoyed that certain companion have no companion quest or even VA for those sections.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Owlcat fun fact:
Did you know that in the latest updated for the game, they've added an artificial 0.2s delay to left mouse clicks on character portraits? This causes a lot of weirdness when quickly switching characters.

:incline:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I've noticed the weird micro-stutter happening in many different places, like clicking on items in bartering view. Was never a thing for me in any of the previous builds. Like I said a couple of times already, someone over there is doing this shit on purpose. I hope you're having fun, bud, and congrats on having the most retarded management ever as they still somehow did not catch on.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
I've noticed the weird micro-stutter happening in many different places, like clicking on items in bartering view. Was never a thing for me in any of the previous builds. Like I said a couple of times already, someone over there is doing this shit on purpose. I hope you're having fun, bud, and congrats on having the most retarded management ever as they still somehow did not catch on.
Don't ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

volklore

Arcane
Any fun class for demon that's not doing ghey infinite looping attacks trip shit with kalavakus or full caster (I played too many full caster azatas)? Maybe demon charge + Vital strike ? That must get a bit boring after a while...
I was also thinking of going for a charge build with schir, but charge is such a pain in the ass to set up, probably would end up with me going kitsune inquisitor or some shit to get swift travel domain. Could also go with quickened dimension door, I guess but that's also quite late.

Can anyone get the shield wall feat to work on the current patch? Seems broken.

Demon is an overall general great mythic path that can boost anything substantially. In terms of just generally buffing your stats and capabilities its extremely well rounded and most of it is active even when you aren't actually raging. People just talk about trip loop memes because memes.

Demon Charge is shit though because its not actually a charge. If you're making a "charge build" you're doing it in order to get a 2x/3x damage bonus, + Mythic Charge damage bonus (1d6 per MR), and to get a full attack from pounce. Demon Charge gets none of this because its just a teleport to a location that causes 2d6 per MR and uses up your move action so that you can't make a full attack.

volklore

Arcane
Demon Charge is shit though because its not actually a charge. If you're making a "charge build" you're doing it in order to get a 2x/3x damage bonus, + Mythic Charge damage bonus (1d6 per MR), and to get a full attack from pounce. Demon Charge gets none of this because its just a teleport to a location that causes 2d6 per MR and uses up your move action so that you can't make a full attack.
I know it isn't a charge but if you're going to make a vital strike build, might as well have get a good move action. I know VS got nerfed and extra dmg doesn't crit anymore etc, etc...

skaraher

Prophet
Any fun class for demon that's not doing ghey infinite looping attacks trip shit with kalavakus or full caster (I played too many full caster azatas)? Maybe demon charge + Vital strike ? That must get a bit boring after a while...
I was also thinking of going for a charge build with schir, but charge is such a pain in the ass to set up, probably would end up with me going kitsune inquisitor or some shit to get swift travel domain. Could also go with quickened dimension door, I guess but that's also quite late.
Are you saying they still havent nerfed the kalavaku infinite attack loop ? :lol:

This shit trivialized the game as a Kineticist, I loved it.

volklore

Arcane
Are you saying they still havent nerfed the kalavaku infinite attack loop ? :lol:

The loop attack memes have been there since day 1, just like the fact that you can full attack after movement when mounted... For some reason they didn't do anything to it, and instead nerfed bad dips people were doing to get a billion AC they didn't need. Can't say I miss the days where you couldnt talk about the game without somebody telling you to dip oracle nature's whisper + scaled fist and go 7 dex on every character, but still...
And the most vanilla class ever, fighter, is still missing defining class features while owlcat is busy making ridiculously overpowered new archetypes like a griffin rider that takes half the screen, or a skald that has sneak attacks, rage powers, rogue talents and a scaling aoe debuff all in one raging song xD.
Thanks god for TTT i guess

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Inciter is good but those are all
trade offs and the AoE debuff has no way to up the DC for Unfair.

TTT did nerf the absurd Mantis Zealot AoE Fascinate on kill that had two inherent DC boosts and didn’t even break on damage (just triggered another save).

What’s still missing on Fighter?

MerchantKing

Learned

The loop attack memes have been there since day 1, just like the fact that you can full attack after movement when mounted... For some reason they didn't do anything to it, and instead nerfed bad dips people were doing to get a billion AC they didn't need. Can't say I miss the days where you couldnt talk about the game without somebody telling you to dip oracle nature's whisper + scaled fist and go 7 dex on every character, but still...
And the most vanilla class ever, fighter, is still missing defining class features while owlcat is busy making ridiculously overpowered new archetypes like a griffin rider that takes half the screen, or a skald that has sneak attacks, rage powers, rogue talents and a scaling aoe debuff all in one raging song xD.
Thanks god for TTT i guess
It's got more bugs than the base game!

NraKBUw.png

A good number of them are likely due to how things work (or fail to) in Owlcat's programming.

volklore

Arcane
Advanced armor training (entirely), a bunch of advanced weapon training option (trained throw, warrior spirit, sacred weapon replica among others), advanced training being pickable with regular combat feats after unlocking the feature. Armor and shield mastery feats.
TTT implements all that (and CotW for kingmaker as well), I know, but owlcat has implemented a lot of TTT changes over the years, and I would be remiss if they weren't in contact with the author as well, which means it has to be a direct decision to do things this way. They probably think nobody cares about fighter anyways (no shit, it's been feature shafted for two games now).

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Advanced armor training (entirely), a bunch of advanced weapon training option (trained throw, warrior spirit, sacred weapon replica among others), advanced training being pickable with regular combat feats after unlocking the feature. Armor and shield mastery feats.
TTT implements all that (and CotW for kingmaker as well), I know, but owlcat has implemented a lot of TTT changes over the years, and I would be remiss if they weren't in contact with the author as well, which means it has to be a direct decision to do things this way. They probably think nobody cares about fighter anyways (no shit, it's been feature shafted for two games now).
The original release of P:K had no Advanced Weapon Training feats in the first place but the good ones were added in the last DLC and included in Wrath. Several of the archetypes don't have Weapon or Armor Training anyway.

Wenduag is the only pure Fighter companion and she does just fine with the features in game. Expecting them to implement everything on the D20 website is unrealistic. People already cry about the level of complexity as is.

volklore

Arcane
People already cry about the level of complexity as is.
They are making new archetypes every expansion, some entirely homebrew... Don't even try to tell me they care about bloat or complexity. There is tons of very complex archetypes that combine features from multiples classes.
And so what if some archetypes don't have one of either training? If anything that's exactly why they should be implementing weapon and armor training properly, lol.

Desiderius

Patron
People already cry about the level of complexity as is.
They are making new archetypes every expansion, some entirely homebrew... Don't even try to tell me they care about bloat or complexity. There is tons of very complex archetypes that combine features from multiples classes.
And so what if some archetypes don't have one of either training? If anything that's exactly why they should be implementing weapon and armor training properly, lol.

Properly DNE every splatbook. Things were combined *to cut down on* the complexity. None of the in-game classes and archetypes include the full panoply of abilities from D20, and the number of classes and archetypes included is a fraction of what’s out there.

user

Savant
I heard that they don't have the Pathfinder IP anymore, is that true or fake news?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom