Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I could play a caster without Favorable Magic but what would be the point?

user

Savant
I've read that Lich is actually a sub-par Path for a dedicated Caster.
lich seems like an ok dispeller but other paths are better at pumping DC. trickster would be an interesting nuker if it didnt bloom so late.

Yeah they are, but the lich spells and withering/deadly magic make it ridiculously broken. I wanted to try an Azata CC sorcerer too, get undead arcana as an extra, and raise the Enhancement/Illusion DCs as much as possible, but the theme seems boring. Maybe I'll try it when the expansion comes out.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There’s some reasonably tough ones but you’ve got a Paladin to own them. By far Demons are your main concern.

So apparently the Aeon Bane ability is a little too good at dispelling things from enemies - it can dispel quest triggers, which presumably completely messes up those quests.
This entire timeline is an abomination, Aeon is just doing his part to set it right.
Sadly the "uninstall the game and get a refund" power must appear at mythic rank 11.

RunningWolf

Learned
What are some interesting uses of mythic trick UMD 2? The part about "can equip any magical items possible, regardless of requirements". Are there any powerful alignment/class locked items?

Sarathiour

Cipher
azata is almost too good as a caster, but sucks at anything else.
Btw, demon also got their version of favraoble casting, but only late. Also, while I'm thinking about it, can demon cast 3 spell per turn trough quick, move and standard action ?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
azata is almost too good as a caster, but sucks at anything else.
Nah. I did Azata Magus and it was good. A lot of the azata spellbook is really good for a frontliner, and some of the special feats are great too.

I think all the mythics are actually pretty good, regardless of your build, but obviously some are more optimal in certain situations than others.

user

Savant
Game is totally not still in beta though guys, copium
I just found the motivation to start a new demon shapeshifter playthrough, rested at the defender's heart for the first time after clearing the market/blackwing, and got lvl1 corruption. Used bag of tricks to remove the debuff and now my smilodon moves backwards.

Sarathiour

Cipher
To repat myslef, I did not get past M4 as an azata magus because zippy magic was horribly buggy and would make my character run around, so I did not really test what milleage you could get from upper level mythic spell.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Game is totally not still in beta though guys, copium
I just found the motivation to start a new demon shapeshifter playthrough, rested at the defender's heart for the first time after clearing the market/blackwing, and got lvl1 corruption. Used bag of tricks to remove the debuff and now my smilodon moves backwards.
My feral champion Camellia has been lockpicking chests with her big bear ass.

user

Savant
Thanks for the wipe crusader wizard

pvFi84s.png

your ray of frost is really helpful

n4uBnKx.png

Sarathiour

Cipher
Don't worry, you're only on chapter 1, pathfinding issue get much worse later on, with 3 aoe cloud waiting for you on the other side.

RunningWolf

Learned
Finally gotten Regill and could test if they changed animal companion progression. Just like i remembered you get 19 animal levels, meaning all the feats, even with his initial 6 level spent. So he can maintank if you want him too without losing anything important. Any full pet class will do, i went with Gendarme.

Playing Skald i can technically put everyone on a mount for the memes, even if late. Regill and Seelah are frontline tanks, Skald MC(mount with religion 2 trick) and Camelia are utility and melee damage(mount at 16, second spirit), Lann can get domain and Ember can get Bismuth.
With Religion 2 you can also grab travel which is great as a pounce party.

But in practical terms all of that in unnecessary and will overcrowd your frontline. Since outflank procs of range, having one or two archers instead of more pounces actually improves the gameplay. I think 3 is the absolute maximum mounted charge builds you can have before they become a hinderance rather than a help.

RunningWolf

Learned
This is what i meant when i said that even archers are useful in a pounce charge party. Lann procs outflank and destroys that annoying early Smilodon that have like 30 AB early act 2.
n2GzsMD.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom