Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Did some testing with inciter's incite, the sneak attacks, and the dispel

Yes, dispel on sneak attack is shared to everyone.

Interestingly, it counts as the skald dispelling and not the individual characters. That means feats like dispel focus and the dispel stun feat work for everyone, not just the skald.

Even on unfair, you have a good chance of dispelling all but the hardest effects due to how many dispell checks are going to happen. Even the harder ones have a chance if only due to the sheer volume of checks.

edit - as an aside, I kinda feel bad for Aeon Mythic now, as mass dispels were kind of their thing (and one of the few really interesting things they get). No need for Aeon now if you want lot's of dispels on hit I guess.
Wait what

Everyone gets Dispel-on-hit?

What if the target is immune to SA?

Then it doesn't work. Right there on the ability. One of the TTT Mythic Tricks on Trickster bypasses Precision Immunity. Can't remember if there are other ways.

Desiderius

Patron
I ask because "spell immunity" generally means the former in actual tabletop pathfinder.
Looks like immune to everything with SR check. I have nuked it with Angel's Bolt of Justice (Conjuration) during my first kill.

Is Grandmaster Rod in-game? I feel like there's something that removes Spell Immunity somewhere. Can still Crashing Rocks et al.

Just finished The Lord of Nothing. After the pretty abrupt and unsatisfying ending, I looked up some things and found out there's apparently an angel called Stalhmer who shows up and does a ritual, but this never happened in my playthrough. Did anyone else not have him in their playthrough? Is there some hidden check involving this? Or is this just a bug?

Also do any of the choices involving the different settlements (i.e. helping the villagers leave the jungle, getting that AI a body, etc.) have any impact on the main game?
Gotta imagine it’s a bug. He shows up to save you from an ambush pretty early on in the dlc and explains the plot to you. He wasn’t hanging out in the little camp next to the tavern portal?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think they just reverted pet leveling to Tabletop/KM in exchange for giving them new abilities.
No. I had Mad Dog barb and Hunter in Through the Ashes campaign, both with leopards. Kitty #1 was leveling 1 to 1 properly with his barbarian, but Kitty #2 was both lvl 3 and Small with Hunter 4 character.

It is bugged.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is Grandmaster Rod in-game? I feel like there's something that removes Spell Immunity somewhere. Can still Crashing Rocks et al.
There is no Grandmaster Rod in rogue-like mode.

Well at least they react to bug reports

An update 2.3.2c is here!

Highlights:

• Fixed quest bugs hindering your progression through The Dance of Masks storyline!
  • Fixed the Chelaxian Diva's abilities;
  • ...And, of course, you can now cast dispel magic on kitties.

Please note that the game's console update will be released next week and will contain all the actual changes.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Areas

• Fixed a bug in A Dance of Masks" DLC in Kenabres where the storyline does not continue after completing all companion quests;
  • Fixed a bug in A Dance of Masks DLC in Kenabres where you could take a quest from Woljif immediately after abandoning that quest;
  • Fixed a bug in Kenabres square in A Dance of Masks DLC where Ember's doppelganger could appear in the bushes;

Items

• Double Gnome Hooked Hammer did not count as a double weapon — fixed;

Classes & Mechanics

• Poison immune creatures are now immune to Stinking Cloud again;
  • We helped the Chelaxian Diva sing, and now their abilities work correctly;
  • Pet progression for some archetypes was lagging 1 level behind the character — fixed. Now you can go from level 3 to level 4 again;
  • Eldritch archer can use their spell combat correctly now;
  • Skald Rage and Sneaky Tricks now work correctly;
  • Barbarian Rage Power "Come and Get Me " now has the correct conditions to obtain;
  • Inhibit Courage now works correctly;
  • Scald songs, Azata Songs, Sensei and Martyr Inspire Courage now activate Chelaxian Diva style Feint as free action;
  • Prompted Backstabbing ability of the Skald Inciter archetype now correctly deals damage to sneak attacks at 18th level;

Audio

• Added sounds for cutscenes when Wenduag's gang members fight against the guards of Kenabres;

Misс

• In A Dance of Masks DLC when applying dispel magic on the cat, a bug was triggered — fixed.
  • Pet progression for some archetypes was lagging 1 level behind the character — fixed. Now you can go from level 3 to level 4 again;

Desiderius

Patron
in rogue-like mode

I've found the ship to be a substantially different game, even within main campaign. So though I've played it a decent amount any observations I've shared are based on the main campaign where I have much more experience. For one thing the ship is a *much* lower rest environment.

Last edited:

Mauman

Scholar
I think they just reverted pet leveling to Tabletop/KM in exchange for giving them new abilities.
No. I had Mad Dog barb and Hunter in Through the Ashes campaign, both with leopards. Kitty #1 was leveling 1 to 1 properly with his barbarian, but Kitty #2 was both lvl 3 and Small with Hunter 4 character.

It is bugged.
Yeah, they would have to redo the pet progression table if they changed it as the saves/BAB match tabletop, just spread out. Pets would get less feats though.

Wait what

Then it doesn't work. Confirmed by testing on an enemy with improved uncanny dodge.

But yes, dispel-on-hit (using the inciter's caster level and bonuses) for everyone, every sneak attack.

Desiderius

Patron
But yes, dispel-on-hit (using the inciter's caster level and bonuses) for everyone, every sneak attack.

There's one that lowers DEX now instead of STR too. Rogue gets one that *steals* the enchantment, but not sure if it's in the list yet.

Yosharian

Arcane

Wait what

Then it doesn't work. Confirmed by testing on an enemy with improved uncanny dodge.

Then it's really not making Aeon obsolete in any way. The toughest targets in the game - the ones you really need to dispel - are immune to precision damage IIRC.

In fact I would go so far as to say that if the target isn't immune to precision then it's probably not a tough opponent, and thus doesn't really need to be dispelled.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1184370/announcements/detail/4201376568914013068
Update 2.3.2c
Hello, crusaders!

An update 2.3.2c is here!

Highlights:
  • Fixed quest bugs hindering your progression through The Dance of Masks storyline!
  • Fixed the Chelaxian Diva's abilities;
  • ...And, of course, you can now cast dispel magic on kitties.
Please note that the game's console update will be released next week and will contain all the actual changes.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Areas
  • Fixed a bug in A Dance of Masks" DLC in Kenabres where the storyline does not continue after completing all companion quests;
  • Fixed a bug in A Dance of Masks DLC in Kenabres where you could take a quest from Woljif immediately after abandoning that quest;
  • Fixed a bug in Kenabres square in A Dance of Masks DLC where Ember's doppelganger could appear in the bushes;
Items
  • Double Gnome Hooked Hammer did not count as a double weapon — fixed;
Classes & Mechanics
  • Poison immune creatures are now immune to Stinking Cloud again;
  • We helped the Chelaxian Diva sing, and now their abilities work correctly;
  • Eldritch archer can use their spell combat correctly now;
  • Skald Rage and Sneaky Tricks now work correctly;
  • Barbarian Rage Power "Come and Get Me " now has the correct conditions to obtain;
  • Inhibit Courage now works correctly;
  • Scald songs, Azata Songs, Sensei and Martyr Inspire Courage now activate Chelaxian Diva style Feint as free action;
  • Prompted Backstabbing ability of the Skald Inciter archetype now correctly deals damage to sneak attacks at 18th level;
Audio
  • Added sounds for cutscenes when Wenduag's gang members fight against the guards of Kenabres;
Misс
  • In A Dance of Masks DLC when applying dispel magic on the cat, a bug was triggered — fixed.

Desiderius

Patron
It's a mix, but yes a general Dispel is probably good enough for removing things like True Seeing but not gamebreaking.

It helps that it uses the Skald's CL and Dispel Feats.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius You've been messing around with feint, right?

Do you know if final feint works with Diva style?
Not yet. No reason it shouldn’t.

I used Feint alot in CotW Kingmaker with Swordplay Style, but I don’t think it had Final, which is the big payoff. Nice to get around mind immune but I think some of the toughest bosses have *very* high Perception so will be interesting.

Just finished The Lord of Nothing. After the pretty abrupt and unsatisfying ending, I looked up some things and found out there's apparently an angel called Stalhmer who shows up and does a ritual, but this never happened in my playthrough. Did anyone else not have him in their playthrough? Is there some hidden check involving this? Or is this just a bug?
Did you never see him at all, or did he just not appear during the finale?

Desiderius

Patron
Unfair Jeslyn no longer is vulnerable to Fire and has 183 HPs. On the bright side Summons now delay a round before showing up.

Mantis Zealot Deadly Fascination only triggers a Will Save to break it on damage instead of automatically breaking like other Fascination effects. It's... not irrelevant lol.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Did you never see him at all, or did he just not appear during the finale?
I never saw him.

It'd actually be cool if you could somehow avoid that whole part of the plot by not meeting him at the beginning. I doubt that's the case though.

Vorark

Erudite
Is the Magus Bladebound archetype any good? Seems no one is talking about it.

Looks kind of meh to me. The stats of the summonable blade look mediocre from the ability description and the bonuses the weapon gets in your hands aren't that big. You lose 2 magus arcana choices, which isn't huge but its something that you'd probably use to pick a powerful utility option that increases your damage so trading that for some small flat damage from another source seems like six on one hand vs half a dozen on the other. Almost certainly far behind the archetypes that substantially improve on the base class.

Desiderius

Patron
Lol, troll away.

Arcana provides another layer of metamagic in addition to rods (one at a time max) and Feats (that require adding spell levels). Can also let you use Wands with Spellstrike and/or use your CL/casting stat with them. Also lets turn Weapon Enchant into min/lvl like Divine Weapon Bond.

Most valuable resource of the class.

Bladebound appears to just give you a decent midgame summon and not much else.

ferratilis

Magister
Is now the time to start a new playthrough, or should I wait another two years for them to fix it?

Also, I heard they got the rights to Kingmaker back from the publisher. Does that mean they'll keep diddling that game with patches for eternity, as well?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned

Also do any of the choices involving the different settlements (i.e. helping the villagers leave the jungle, getting that AI a body, etc.) have any impact on the main game?
Not a bug. It's based on whether you stayed with that annoying gnome or left him when he told you to ditch.

The choices don't matter much other than some minor loot, but the 'best' ending is locked behind an action at the end of the last dungeon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom