Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
I don't care if you think triceratops are bad and I don't care if you can't ride it. They're cool as fuck and I'm picking it
You can ride those if you're gnome or halfling. Oh, wait triceraptors I thought velociraptors. Anyhow they are kinda neat.
Anyhow what's up with Cavalier it looks lackluster compared to a fighter.
Also, can someone explain how AC works for mounted combat. Say I for example Arcane Rider magus, it is supposed to be dex build, but you get a mount that it's not really dex based, so it's a good idea to use heavy branding for it. A bit confused here, is that a good idea to go MC dex based mount dex based too? Or it's not really important?

Thonius

Arcane
Thank you for rating my post fake news. But care to elaborate a bit and clear out the confusion?
If I want to 100% use mount should I generally plan dex mc and dex mount or it does not matter?
For example, Arcande Rider is clearly dex oriented build (no armor proof) and the horse is clearly not really a dex oriented ( right?) now does it make this class suck?
Same with Bloodrider STR oriented.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't care if you think triceratops are bad and I don't care if you can't ride it. They're cool as fuck and I'm picking it
You can ride those if you're gnome or halfling. Oh, wait triceraptors I thought velociraptors. Anyhow they are kinda neat.
Anyhow what's up with Cavalier it looks lackluster compared to a fighter.
Also, can someone explain how AC works for mounted combat. Say I for example Arcane Rider magus, it is supposed to be dex build, but you get a mount that it's not really dex based, so it's a good idea to use heavy branding for it. A bit confused here, is that a good idea to go MC dex based mount dex based too? Or it's not really important?

Cavalier isn't lackluster, that's the Fake News. You can't see half the abilities on the initial Character creation screen because your haven't chosen your Order yet. The Halfling has it's own Order so you can see those.

Disciple7 TB Core Nulk one turn.jpg

(For the Kang is AoE)

Seelah8FortheKang.jpg

As for Arcane Rider it's a fun conundrum to solve - was just working that out last night. You don’t need to be DEX-based since you're not the one getting attacked and since you have Martial Proficiency you benefit a great deal from not tying yourself down to one weapon as you would need to to get DEX-to-damage. Since your Weapon Enchant gives Keen you don't want Improved Critical either. You've got one companion on Rapier, another on Sword, another on Hooked Hammer, and another on Glaive leaving the rest to you. I did the 14/14/12/17/12/12 I think with Half-elf for Mobility Focus? Can't remember. In any case there's a million ways to boost AB so no sense borking yourself to get a little extra STR.

Desiderius

Patron
A couple new Spell options as well:

Force Punch.jpg

Force damage always good and since this doesn't use the Bull Rush language of Battering Blast shouldn't have to worry about it triggering AoOs for the bad guys, especially paralyzed bad guys.

:roll:

You can see the Blink there too but no reason mounted.

Aspect, Greater.jpg

The new Animal Aspects are pretty good (the first one gives a +4 CMB option) but here you're probably wanting the +4 Mobility. High level book still blows so you can fill that up with big Touchs and Punches or be a Cone Mage who gets some AoOs in as well. Probably works great with the Trickster Mobility stuff? I'm more interested in the other abilities but people are talking about Mounted Trickster.

Desiderius

Patron
If you let go of the DEX-to-Damage that frees up Feats for Caster stuff like Spell Pen and Metamagics. I've gone both ways with Shatter. The stuff you need Shatter against isn't so easy to Shake and sometimes there isn't easy action economy to get stuff Shaken since several Companions will eventually have Frightful to get it for free. Regill wants Dreadful and/or Cornugan for his Thug ability but outside of that?

Desiderius

Patron
It's Nipponese.

Just think of Mishima and you'll be fine.

Sharpedge

Prophet
So I cleared the Midnight Fane last night and reached the Abyss. Felt like I was stomping fights now, so I tried switching up the difficulty from hard to unfair. Very promptly turned it back down again - unfair has more stat adjustments than kingmaker did so just be aware if you are going to try it, it will take a bit more acclimatizing than kingmaker did before you will be ready. Overall my divine caster is feeling exceedingly strong in the setting as an Aeon Oracle. There are also many more quests specific to the mythic path than I was expecting, which is a really positive improvement over the alignment C&C in kingmaker. I think my old Cleric of Erastil from Kingmaker would work out really well in this setting as an angel, so I might remake that when the game is finished and see how it performs, but as it is a pathfinder game, I would also like to try new builds so there is some conflict there.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sharpedge

Prophet
But same scaling technique?
Not entirely, no. There are difficulty options which are toggled on some difficulties which change enemy monster pack composition as well as tactics used. These are used as scaling techniques in addition to stat adjustments between story and core. Hard and Unfair as far as I am aware only make numerical adjustments. Unfair gives monsters an extra 8 AC and to hit over hard, in addition to the double damage.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s ok but not great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom