Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Technically speaking, he actually IS terminal. Which only makes him more awesome, seeing how he has one foot firmly in the grave.
This is why I don't like the picture with his helmet on that someone produced earlier in the thread. It takes that away from his character.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No. You can solo IE games. Maybe at level 1 or 2 it could come down to RNG, but once you get even the barest assortment of items or party members, you should be able to handle yourself.
How is that different to WotR though? You can solo most parts of the game due to the excessive amounts of XP you get early, but because it is split among a fairly large group early on you dont out-level zones as quickly. Leveling up usually means you get a couple more AC and better attackrolls due to how powerful feats and class abilities are, so just getting 2-3 more levels by the time you get to the Gray Garrison would make things a bit of a cake walk.

You can make due with a single character for most of the game (unless youre planning on playing hard or unfair) and once you get mythic passives like not using up wands or scrolls, you immediately get access to insane levels of power. Being able to freely re-spec/re-create your MC would make it even easier to munchkin your way through the start, and once you get access to your Mythic Path, you'll probably be level 16 or 17 already and will chew through most content with a single character.

Encounters were level scaled and content was gated so that you'd never face an impossible challenge, and you could choose to outright avoid a fair few. Even in BG2, the fight with Firkraag was optional and you could return later to finish it.

It's the same case here. Most, if not all, of the difficult encounters are optional. The most "difficult" fights in Chapter 2 would probably be Shivial, Blightmaw and Zacharius, and you can avoid all 3 of them if you want. The named Nabasu in Lost Chapel would be the only actually tough fight in Chapter 2, for example, and you can straight up cheese that fight by siding with Zacharius and getting a bunch of Crusader NPCs to fight for you, and unlocking the Lich Path allows you to turn ALL of his zombies against him after 3 or 4 rounds of combat.

And if everything else fails, you can just use the Duality of Conjuring and Summoning once you get to Lost Chapel, and win every fight up until Chapter 3 by using it to summon a bunch of Devas/Nabasus based on Alignment.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes. Much better

Regill-test-2.png
They really need to do his in game model better. You have this bulky gnome and the in game model looks like a gnome with terminal cancer and aids.

Regill is so good that I'm planning to do a Hellknight playthrough after my inquisitor of Cayden Cailean. Also one thing that I don't understand is his alignment Lawful Evil, he is more Lawful Neutral than anything.

He does have terminal cancer and AIDS.

The bleach is hella caustic.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay, all my negativity aside: Build experts! Desiderius! I want to go Necro path (Restarted from my Alchemist due to the new patch) with something like an Eldritch Knight build - Think Blackguard from DnD or PF Magus with more necro powers. What do you suggest? Bonus points if its flavorful.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Okay, all my negativity aside: Build experts! Desiderius! I want to go Necro path (Restarted from my Alchemist due to the new patch) with something like an Eldritch Knight build - Think Blackguard from DnD or PF Magus with more necro powers. What do you suggest? Bonus points if its flavorful.
Are you talking actual Necromancy as in Animate Dead, or simply using Necro spells? If its the latter, just go with a regular Conjuration Sorcerer or Wizard, get Expanded Arsenal so your Spell Focus and Spell Specialization feats apply to a second school as well, and play your run of the mill control Wizard while dishing out damage with meta-magicked spells like fireball. Bolstered Magic Missile is insanely broken as it calculates its damage wrong, so if you dont mind playing around with bugged abilities you can cheese any encounter with it (it deals 30-40 damage per missile when its bolstered, instead of simply increasing each missiles damage once).

Cast Repurpose before killing enemies, and in longer dungeons you'll end up with 20+ minions as they last indefinitely until you leave the zone.

Once you unlock the Mythic Path just go with Lich and combine spell books, and you'll immediately increase your spell repertoir to higher level spells while also increasing your spell slots to the maximum amount of slots. (you immediately get access to 6th level spells when you ordinarily barely got access to 5th level ones, so you'll always be ahead of the curve). If you go full munchkin you can probably make due without abundant casting mythic feats. My level 13 sorcerer

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the city in the abyss with all the constantly closing paths and moving districts was a really great idea, is not annoying at all, and the guy that came up with it should definitely not be shot in the head and dumped in a landfill.

edit: and now the area transition markers bugged out and disappeared. wonderful.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Are you talking actual Necromancy as in Animate Dead, or simply using Necro spells? If its the latter, just go with a regular Conjuration Sorcerer or Wizard, get Expanded Arsenal so your Spell Focus and Spell Specialization feats apply to a second school as well, and play your run of the mill control Wizard while dishing out damage with meta-magicked spells like fireball. Bolstered Magic Missile is insanely broken as it calculates its damage wrong, so if you dont mind playing around with bugged abilities you can cheese any encounter with it (it deals 30-40 damage per missile when its bolstered, instead of simply increasing each missiles damage once).

Cast Repurpose before killing enemies, and in longer dungeons you'll end up with 20+ minions as they last indefinitely until you leave the zone.

I was thinking more along the lines of a wizard/fighter with summoned pets. As far as I am aware the Necro path does have some nice picks for melee fighters too.
My original idea was Arcanist/Fighter/Eldritch Knight but I feel like the Arcanist is not the right class so I'm considering respeccing into something with Sorcerer in it.

e: Oh man I could do Dirge Bard - Be the leader of my own emo band.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm still trying to finish the defense on that tavern in Ch. 1 on Core difficulty and it's a bitch when aiming for all the defenses to be kept intact from those arsonists. Respecced 4 of my party members into ranged combat and I'm using grease on enemy chokepoints and it's still a bitch.

Just be fast in the city and you can avoid the whole tavern defense

Parabalus

Arcane
Can't seem to open all doors in Blackwater, cleared the place, got the machine. Southrenmost, which was purple, and two north of the fire circle, next to and in the salamander room.

What's the trick?

Nevermore

Novice
I accidentally clicked Quote and now I'm cursed with seeing that quote in my reply even if I use different computers.
Okay, I'll post a reply to this thread. Has anyone romanced Galfrey yet?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I was thinking more along the lines of a wizard/fighter with summoned pets. As far as I am aware the Necro path does have some nice picks for melee fighters too.
The main issue with undead summons is that they suck as they are not affected by any of the summoning feats you can get on any character. Meaning, they dont have access to damage reduction piercing weapons until you either get Lich4 or get one of the few items that improve your summons, most of which are unavailable until Chapter 3. You can make due as a basic fighter until then, and move into the summoning territory once you reach the mid-game and get a variety of items that drastically improve summons, i.e. the Whip that grants summons an extra attack but slows the MC (which you can avoid with another item which grants permanet Freedom of Movement), or passives that allow your summons to pierce damage penetration.

Conjured monsters gain access to some of these a lot earlier than undead minions, and Animate Deads Skellie champions kinda suck until you get to boost them with Lich powers.

Erebus

Arcane
Just done with the fight against Minagho in the Gray Garrison. It was one of the most confusing mess I've ever seen in a CRPG. So much shit happening all the time - demons appearing, demons dying, the eyeless bitch teleporting around... - that I could barely ever tell what was going on. Winning brought no satisfaction whatsoever.

I guess it's a deliberately super-easy fight meant to show that your PC is now MYHTIC!!1!, but honestly, even a Bioware cutscene would have been more enjoyable.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Can't seem to open all doors in Blackwater, cleared the place, got the machine. Southrenmost, which was purple, and two north of the fire circle, next to and in the salamander room.

What's the trick?
I was able to run into them close enough to get glimpses of the areas behind them, at which point you can dimension door to the other side. No idea what the intended way is to get to open these, maybe you need to have the catgirl with you or something.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
the city in the abyss with all the constantly closing paths and moving districts was a really great idea, is not annoying at all, and the guy that came up with it should definitely not be shot in the head and dumped in a landfill.

edit: and now the area transition markers bugged out and disappeared. wonderful.

It is in fact great design and easy to manage if you look before you leap (with the camera). Use tab to find your area transitions or reload if it really did bug out.

Srsly I’ve been in an office of women with synchronized periods all on the rag less bitchy than this gang.

It’s the plane of Chaotic Evil you phaggots. It is supposed to fuck with you.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The main issue with undead summons is that they suck as they are not affected by any of the summoning feats you can get on any character.
Holy shit.
Then again I shouldn't be surprised.

e: Oh my god playing as a female MC is hilarious - All the weirdos start hitting on you at the beginning of the Crusade at once.

Meanwhile my only goal is that royal vagine. :lol:

Parabalus

Arcane

It is in fact great design and easy to manage if you look before you leap (with the camera). Use tab to find your area transitions or reload if it really did bug out.

Srsly I’ve been in an office of women with synchronized periods all on the rag less bitchy than this gang.

It's bugged to shit and sometimes rotating doesn't work.

Best advice is mass DD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom