Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Sharpedge its impossible, the videos you mention on youtube are all using mods.
The only way to win solo is to spam skull traps/delayed fireballs using wish, basically avoiding the fight. If you use SCS cant even do that because skull traps changes.

You can also do stuff like abuse wish to refresh all of your spells.

Well you are clueless it seems.
Why don't you try and record it? Good luck.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Sharpedge its impossible, the videos you mention on youtube are all using mods.
The only way to win solo is to spam skull traps/delayed fireballs using wish, basically avoiding the fight. If you use SCS cant even do that because skull traps changes.

You can also do stuff like abuse wish to refresh all of your spells.

Well you are clueless it seems.
Why don't you try and record it? Good luck.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not here to prove stuff to random people on the internet. If believing that its not possible makes you happy, then more power to you, but there are lots of ways to cheese game mechanics in BG 2 and only some of them are fixed by SCS.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You clearly never played Ascension, so instead of proving something you just want to waste my time arguing about something you have no idea, just some vague recollection of youtube videos.
Kill yourself (in minecraft), thanks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't believe there's anything impossible even in modded BG. They are too broken and abusable.

But such examples are why I don't like it: overleveling, kiting, bug abuse; instead of building a strong balanced party of fun characters.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Now I see why everyone is whining about the Crusading minigame, holy hell this is hot garbage. My third fight is against 27 stone gargoyles. A full turn of my entire army blasting away doesn't even kill one of them. They however do so little damage, that my hero can outheal their dps from 2-3 turns in a single turn. I can heal for 13 turns. So it is 54 rounds of just hacking away at them, healing once in a while before a stack dies, without any chance of loss and only absolute boredom. Also the animations are slow.
Who the fuck designed this?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I could definitely take levels of sohei with another animal companion class taken at first level. You just need to wait for it to grow large at level 7 to ride it, which kinda kills the early game power of mounted combat sadly.

Sohei is weird imo, doesn't feel like a mounted class. Monks are a class that stacks AC the best in the game but it's kinda useless on sohei since you wanna be riding. If monastic mount applied your monk bonus AC to your pet instead of giving temporary hitpoint that would make so much more sense.

You don't need to spend Ki for that! Sohei adds his Wis AC to mount by default (+level bonuses)!
Initially I thought it wasn't working, as the bonus is not displayed (neither on Sohei himself), but when you calculate the total, it's there!

Interesting that you could make a Sohei with a non-horse mount.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now I see why everyone is whining about the Crusading minigame, holy hell this is hot garbage. My third fight is against 27 stone gargoyles. A full turn of my entire army blasting away doesn't even kill one of them. They however do so little damage, that my hero can outheal their dps from 2-3 turns in a single turn. I can heal for 13 turns. So it is 54 rounds of just hacking away at them, healing once in a while before a stack dies, without any chance of loss and only absolute boredom. Also the animations are slow.
Don't tell me you are playing with a non-mage general.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Could anyone describe the Renegade Aeon path? What does it entail? What unique content it carries? Et cetera.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

A hint. Have a caster General and just spam fireball, ice storm or scorching ray at ultra low level

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I really don't know what they were thinking with the whole thing. You'd have to spend a ridiculous amount of time time to get a worthwhile stack of anything beyond the starter mercenary units or basic bitch footmen/archers. The buff and debuff spell effects feel negligible, it's nothing like bless/curse and blind in HoMM3. You are also limited to 3 unit stacks by default for no apparent reason so you can't do the cheese like in HoMM3 by using bunch of weak stack to eat away retaliation (a mechanic that doesn't exist here) or protect ranged units by surrounding them. Meanwhile the direct damage spell numbers are absolutely bonkers and they essentially trivialize combat if you picked the general that has the flare spell from the start.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't tell me you are playing with a non-mage general.

I have a fatal weakness against hot elf girls which now comes to bite me in the back.
Is there any reason to level up my ranger at all? 13 heals per combat seems broken as they can heal a fuckton, one extra stack seems nice aswell, but I got fuck all for damage skills.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Got into a random encounter with a Deskari Devaatator and 2 ash giants

been stuck on the encounter for 20 mins

Even in turn based it’s insta high initiative and cleave my whole party to death and confuse because it’s DC to save is too high

who designed this

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom