Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Got into a random encounter with a Deskari Devaatator and 2 ash giants

been stuck on the encounter for 20 mins

Even in turn based it’s insta high initiative and cleave my whole party to death and confuse because it’s DC to save is too high

who designed this

While I certainly enjoy the build autism I start to get the feeling that this game wasn't as much designed, and they just threw shit at a wall and hoped that something sticks.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
I'm confused about something else. I've been using Finnean and I've never seen an AC debuff appear in the combat log from him (yes, I know it should ignore ac from actual armor). What am I missing? :?

Is your Finnean the +1 or the +3 version?

The +1 version only has the Ghost Touch property. It later gets upgraded to the +3 version which gives it the Brilliant Energy property. That's the one that bypasses armor and shield.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:shredder:

Tiny dragon breath is made out of sound, bypassing rezistances and decimating demons.

*Sorin is processing these events*

:desu:

:obviously: The voice of freedom cannot be stopped. I have a based dragon. :obviously:

Thonius

Arcane
How do I cast boneshaker in HOMM mode? It seems that I cant click enemy sprite and despite description, it never damages anything in 1tile size blob around the target. Halp!

ArchAngel

Arcane
How do I cast boneshaker in HOMM mode? It seems that I cant click enemy sprite and despite description, it never damages anything in 1tile size blob around the target. Halp!
You don't, at least I never figured it out. Probably bugged.

Reinhardt

Arcane
True, but if you're a male mage you'll then be forced to cross-dress until that point.

Personally, that's a sacrifice I'm unwilling to make.
Robes are NOT cross dressing! :argh:
You never know what he is wearing underneath.
2 other robes
Its robes all the way down.
Ultimate caster has arrived

e1OCwXA.png

Minecrawler

Educated
I really don't know what they were thinking with the whole thing. You'd have to spend a ridiculous amount of time time to get a worthwhile stack of anything beyond the starter mercenary units or basic bitch footmen/archers.
Lich just works.
Not really looking forward to crusades as anything other than lich.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
The latest patch supposedly fixed Aeon's epilogues, which were completely broken.

Zeriel

Arcane
So this is weird. Act 4 is supposed to have a timeskip, and it was definitely in the story, but now in act 5 I noticed the ingame date didn't timeskip actually? Anyone else noticed this? Or at least, the timeskip was not much. I started act 4 in month 1 of that year and am now in act 5 in month 3 of the year. Is this a bug, or was it maybe a result of choices in the CYOA pirate part?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is this a bug, or was it maybe a result of choices in the CYOA pirate part?

I think its supposed to be
6 months of time skip no matter what, so sounds like a bug. Speak with some people, they should've tell you how much time passed right away.

I didn't check my time though , so I had that too maybe.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Yo wtf is with wrong with that Locust mofo Baleful polymorph? Casted 6 Remove curse in my character and still didn't disppled. What's the DC of that shit , 100? Lmao
At this rate my MC going to be dog forever.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't tell me you are playing with a non-mage general.

I have a fatal weakness against hot elf girls which now comes to bite me in the back.
Is there any reason to level up my ranger at all? 13 heals per combat seems broken as they can heal a fuckton, one extra stack seems nice aswell, but I got fuck all for damage skills.
The black caster girl eventually gets both cure and extra stacks skills, with the non-negligible detail that she starts with Scorching Ray, making the crusade minigame playable (not fun, mind you, but AT LEAST playable by human standards). Grab Fireball and extra power perks as soon as possible: your soldiers' only job is to kill fire-immune enemies. The stone wizard guy starts with both Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver, and gets the cure skills pretty soon, so you have literally zero excuses not to use him instead of your dumb ranger.

The only way to play this minigame is to annihilate enemies' stacks with spells, using your armies only to pick off stragglers and kill fire-immune monsters. Any other playstyle will lead to incredible amounts of suffering and time-wasting, and this will become clear to you as soon as you realize that a single click for Scorching Ray deals as much damage as 20 minutes of clicking to attack with your troops.

Zeriel

Arcane
Is this a bug, or was it maybe a result of choices in the CYOA pirate part?

I think its supposed to be
6 months of time skip no matter what, so sounds like a bug. Speak with some people, they should've tell you how much time passed right away.

I didn't check my time though , so I had that too maybe.

Yes, I got all the dialogue related to it. Just noticed the ingame time isn't +6 months.

Don't tell me you are playing with a non-mage general.

I have a fatal weakness against hot elf girls which now comes to bite me in the back.
Is there any reason to level up my ranger at all? 13 heals per combat seems broken as they can heal a fuckton, one extra stack seems nice aswell, but I got fuck all for damage skills.
The black caster girl eventually gets both cure and extra stacks skills, with the non-negligible detail that she starts with Scorching Ray, making the crusade minigame playable (not fun, mind you, but AT LEAST playable by human standards). Grab Fireball and extra power perks as soon as possible: your soldiers' only job is to kill fire-immune enemies. The stone wizard guy starts with both Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver, and gets the cure skills pretty soon, so you have literally zero excuses not to use him instead of your dumb ranger.

The only way to play this minigame is to annihilate enemies' stacks with spells, using your armies only to pick off stragglers and kill fire-immune monsters. Any other playstyle will lead to incredible amounts of suffering and time-wasting, and this will become clear to you as soon as you realize that a single click for Scorching Ray deals as much damage as 20 minutes of clicking to attack with your troops.

There are units that do a fuckton of damage per unit--hedge knights, and especially marksmen. Sadly you don't get them right away.

Maybe marksmen don't compete with insane aoe stack kill like the holy bomb trap, but they are definitely better than ordinary nukes.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyhow, there is a somewhat abusive way to dramatically increase this character's damage, I didn't do it though because it feels very cheesy and it kind of trivializes everything in the game. What you can do is take Elemental Barrage and then use 4 geniekind buffs, which will cause them to all proc for divine damage.
K10Dvv0.png

oI7HeG6.png

This seems like the kind of thing which would be right up Haplo's alley. At Mythic Rank 9 you would have 6 different types of energy, dealing 9d6 divine damage for each of them, for a total of 54d6 divine damage per hit. With 9 hits per round, thats a maximum damage potential of 486d6 damage per round, just from elemental barrage.

Thanks, but it's not my kind of exploit, really. Becoming a genius of 4 elements simultaneously? What, like an Airbender Avatar or something? Nah.

I also avoid stacking bugged Magic Vestment. Or becoming a pot archmage.
In Kingmaker I avoided using the Acid gloves and other items for extra bonus damage triggers.

Not that I shy away from all exploits, mind you.

In the battle minigame my ranger elf chick is doing great with minimal use of offensive spells, archers did most of the damage. Real issues were when enemy hero would one-shot my archers with magic (eventually fixed with giant stack of archers+heal). Gargoyle fights still suck ass.
Now I'm dreading what the YazzKqwan is going to do to my precious army while I'm on forced diversity training in NuKalifornia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom