Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Salvo

Arcane
Did I miss something or can you really not rest at all in the Midnight Fane?
I mean, you CAN rest, of course, but the difficulty is 37 or sth like that so you're all but guaranteed to fail the check and get at least to the rather crippling lvl 2 corruption level.

Seemed totally insane to me to get through this on Core without doing a single rest. In the beginning I assumed you'd get at least one rest or so (similar to the Drezen siege).
But I had to go through it entirely without resting - took quite a bit of reloading...

I was actually glad the boss of that level is a bit of a pushover compared to the rest of it.
You are supposed to have the BALLS not to rest in a dungeon

Nahel

Arcane
The final fight at the threshold was the last straw. Litteraly retarded. 400 damage aoe who cant be resisted.
Fear who bypass all immunities.
81 ac mob with 2 others at 60.
Only way to pass is munckinning or exploiting ia.
And I am in Core. You get allies. So called powerful NPC. They can only hit on a natural 20 and are perma feared.

Did kingmaker on core with barely any difficulty. Only last dungeon was annoying.

Similar shit to the stunner crystals with 40 dc aoe stun every round

And of course you can't rest in the area. Which would be fine if fucking mentionned at the beginning of the area.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did I miss something or can you really not rest at all in the Midnight Fane?
I mean, you CAN rest, of course, but the difficulty is 37 or sth like that so you're all but guaranteed to fail the check and get at least to the rather crippling lvl 2 corruption level.

Seemed totally insane to me to get through this on Core without doing a single rest. In the beginning I assumed you'd get at least one rest or so (similar to the Drezen siege).
But I had to go through it entirely without resting - took quite a bit of reloading...

I was actually glad the boss of that level is a bit of a pushover compared to the rest of it.
Yeah, it's a high check, but you shouldn't get a full level of corruption from just one rest. Even if you fail to reduce it, it should be 2 or 3 rests before you even get to level 1 corruption. Also, there are two relics that will lower it.
Not what happened for me at all.
I was at no corruption when I entered and one rest would be guaranteed to fill 1.5 corruption levels and about 2.5 or so (so almost full) in case of check failure.

A bug, maybe?

The final fight at the threshold was the last straw. Litteraly retarded. 400 damage aoe who cant be resisted.
And I am in Core. You get allies. So called powerful NPC. They can only hit on a natural 20 and are perma feared.

Did kingmaker on core with barely any difficulty. Only last dungeon was annoying.

And of course you can't rest in the area. Which would be fine if fucking mentionned at the beginning of the area.
Opening the sheet of that encounter should give some kind of Dark Souls-like "Welcome To Pathfinder" achievement :lol:

Thonius

Arcane

WOTR so far is really weird in the difficulty department, from ez to "kill the designer" and then to ez to normal. They either forgot to make a final pass or played on story.
And Daring difficulty before core got auto-level companions on, really fucking whack.

Mauman

Learned
Whatever this guy above wrote is bullshit.

Besides bugs. Follow the game's steam page and wait until there are no less than 2 weeks between patches.

Are you even actually playing the game yet? You said earlier in the thread you hadn't yet.

Codex Year of the Donut
Whatever this guy above wrote is bullshit.

Besides bugs. Follow the game's steam page and wait until there are no less than 2 weeks between patches.

Are you even actually playing the game yet? You said earlier in the thread you hadn't yet.
I'm sure he knows it is great unlike people such as me who completed the backer beta before (wrongly!) offering criticisms about the game. I profusely apologize for doing so, by the way, I was wrong.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Nobody is forcing you to play on Core. You can reduce the difficulty if this one is too hard.
Only thing you showed here is that you are a pussy. Now go cry in a corner.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I was correct, the thread was MOVED and not deleted. Then what is the big deal?
Rusty can be an insufferable little bitch, more news at 11.

They tried to copy dragon age 2 but did a lousy job. In dragon age 2 it was really cool blowing up enemies into chunks and having new ones appear while your injured making you teleport to a safe distance and continue invoking spells. Dragon age 2 has the game engine to make the game look cinematic owlfat has unity.
So we're at the point where we start to re-evaluate and praise the encounter design in Dragon Age 2, uh? I knew it had to come, but didn't expect it so soon...

Third of all, as I've mentioned before, Owlcat tried way too hard to make their game cinematic. Fighting four waves of enemies while a bunch of soldiers are trying to break down a door is too much (in fact, I don't like successive waves of enemies in the first place, unless they're very rare). Having a million projectiles constantly flying around and often wounding your party members is annoying.

You know what is the coolest thing about Drezen siege?

If you listen to an only competent person in your counsil, you start in position where you could skip all door bashing sequences.
And will get more xp for doing this.
And this probably solves the problem with being constantly shot at...
Not only that, but you can skip ALL door bashing sequences through skill checks. I've finished the siege storming the main gate without bashing a single door. You have to break down doors only if you don't have the appropriate skills... which sounds pretty cool to me.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty impressed and satisfied with the Drezen assault. Just killed the giants yesterday, but I can tell how much thought went into this map. It rarely gets better than this in the PnP-emulating RPGs that I know of.

If Deadfire or PoE could have had areas of comparable size, outside of the expansion packs and some exceptions in the main games.
rusty_shackleford this is how it's done.

BTW your posts are disappearing. Are you ill?

in the end I've parked this in a corner for the last few days at this point.
Changelogs patch after patch almost pushed me to say "Fuck it" and start a new playthrough from scratch. But I think I'll actually end the current playthrough and spare attempts to "do better" in the next one.

That aside, there's something I need to ask about mounted combat:
is there any good incentive to actually make use of it? For what I could gather so far with my only companion specced to have a mount (it's Sosiel with a big doggo) it seems like leaving your mount as an extra character that can independently contribute to the fight seems FAR more efficient than mounting it during combat. But maybe I'm just missing something.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You get bonus to attack for attacking mounted by default + all kinds of neat feats + protection + I actually not sure how initiative works but I think you roll your own for both you and mount? And you shove 2 characters into 1 potentially crowded space.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
in the end I've parked this in a corner for the last few days at this point.
Changelogs patch after patch almost pushed me to say "Fuck it" and start a new playthrough from scratch. But I think I'll actually end the current playthrough and spare attempts to "do better" in the next one.

That aside, there's something I need to ask about mounted combat:
is there any good incentive to actually make use of it? For what I could gather so far with my only companion specced to have a mount (it's Sosiel with a big doggo) it seems like leaving your mount as an extra character that can independently contribute to the fight seems FAR more efficient than mounting it during combat. But maybe I'm just missing something.
I think there definitely is. You get extra attacks which your mount makes, extra HP because your mount's HP are depleted first when you are hit.

I'm not clear on the following - do bufffs cast on me apply to the mount?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The two biggest benefits that everyone gains from mounted combat are that:
- you can't get attacked in melee while mounted, so you can (almost) forget about your AC and just buff your animal (and with animal companions is super easy to reach high levels of AC);
- you gain the reach of your mount, which is better than yours thanks to the larger size (right now this is bugged and doesn't work properly). This increase is impressive and basically allows you to hit everything on the screen.

Shadenuat

Arcane
There is problem though, if your mount gets killed you drop and then game AI makes you hop back up automatically, instant AOO > instant Unfair death early.

Also I've yet to try FF spells while on mount but I remember color spraying your own horse was a thing in beta.

Just to be clear: I'm well aware that your character more often than not performs better on a mount.
The question is more specifically if "Your character on a mount" is actually better than having "your character and his mount acting separately".

Also, I have teamwork features on everyone by default with the Azata superpower, so that's not really going to be a deciding factor.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
The two biggest benefits that everyone gains from mounted combat are that:
- you can't get attacked in melee while mounted, so you can (almost) forget about your AC and just buff your animal (and with animal companions is super easy to reach high levels of AC);
- you gain the reach of your mount, which is better than yours thanks to the larger size (right now this is bugged and doesn't work properly). This increase is impressive and basically allows you to hit everything on the screen.
Anyone knows if there are any mounted enemies in the game? I have not run into any and I am close to end of Act 3, it is a shame the game has none when they implemented this feature.

Nahel

Arcane
Nobody is forcing you to play on Core. You can reduce the difficulty if this one is too hard.
Only think you showed here is that you are a pussy. Now go cry in a corner.

People like you are pathetic. I passed the encouter. Because AI is retarded. Still shit design. Need to full buff and spamm touch AC every fight. "I am so good so pro".

But 9999 AC is balanced just grease, sirroco whatever. Yep because only one way to play is the definition of good design. Like the fear mob who affects its own allies who do nothing in the fight. I should get good and play in place of the opponent too?

Oh and by the way for this fight they keep the same AC and powers on daring and probably below. But you were probably one of those "get good" when house at the end of time was freedom of movement or die.

"But you are pussy, OWLCAT GODS/. My build than i googled online to gain +1 attack is so awesome, praise me!"

The worst part is Owcat can good design. Tavern encounter, or drezen seige.

Edit: Lol this fucker is still in act 3 and speaks. Funny

ArchAngel

Arcane

People like you are pathetic. I passed the encouter. Because AI is retarded. Still shit design. Need to full buff and spamm touch AC every fight. "I am so good so pro".

But 9999 AC is balanced just grease, sirroco whatever. Yep because only one way to play is the definition of good design. Like the fear mob who affects its own allies who do nothing in the fight. I should get good and play in place of the opponent too?

Oh and by the way for this fight they keep the same AC and powers on daring and probably below. But you were probably one of those "get good" when house at the end of time was freedom of movement or die.

"But you are pussy, OWLCAT GODS/. My build than i googled online to gain +1 attack is so awesome, praise me!"

You sound butthurt.. what are you 12? How do you survive RL when you cannot take some criticism on 'Dex LOL

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

You just have to
git gud

Thonius

Arcane

Rieser

Scholar
Whichever retard that designed the Shrine of the Three needs to rethink their career choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom