Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Woah, that's impressive!
How did you achieve 323 damage mod?
Honestly... I don't know.

I had +30 from Strength, +30 from Mythic Power Attack, +5 from weapon enhancement, +1 from the book, +4 from Inspire Courage, and +19 from Smite Evil, so the final damage modifier with Mythic Vital Strike should have been 356. However, last time I checked, Mythic Vital Strike didn't work correctly with Smite Evil, so I'm kinda lost here.

Looking at that screenshot, it appears to be 323 damage BEFORE Mythic Vital Strike x4 multiplier. Crazy....
No no, that +323 is already multiplied (the x4 you see there is the crit multiplier). It comes from (76 * 4) + 19, where the last +19 is the flat Smite Evil bonus. I don't really know where that +76 comes from, and it seems that I have some sort of "phantom" damage bonus, since things don't add up in my sheet:

holy.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone else getting an update for the game on Steam?

Edit: it is new version, 1.1.3e now we just need patch notes

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Patch notes link:
Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.3e has just arrived! We’ve fixed the issue with Arueshalae’s romance, fixed the problem some players had with entering the Lost Chapel; we tweaked some cool mythic units in the crusade to make them feel more mythic, and also fixed Restless Slumber a lot of people complained about. We also fixed the issue with your spellbook looking like it was empty, and the FPS no longer should significantly drop on the global map. And last, but definitely not least - we’ve found that elusive fireplace! You can find the full list of changes below.

But beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests

• After completing Rapture of Rupture, it was possible to initiate a conversation with Vellexia again - fixed;
  • During A Matter of Reputation you can no longer kill Yozz if you are playing as a Demon;
  • During A Noble Intent quest Anevia wouldn't notice a player in stealth and refused to talk to them - fixed;
  • During The Price of Loyalty Yozz will no longer participate in the ambush if you already killed him during A Matter of Reputation;
  • Fixed an error which prevented the continuation of 'Once in Alushinyrra...' quest;
  • Fixed the issue with The Light Within quest getting stuck in the 5th chapter for the Angel mythic path;
  • If Commander's love interest was dead during the final stage of the Death's Embrace quest, they could participate in the dialogue dead - fixed;
  • Latverk could appear in the streets next to his house again after his death. We... took measures to ensure he stays dead;
  • Sometimes even getting ritually killed by an undead mage wouldn't make leave the party (rumours didn't like - his vitality is truly legendary) - fixed;
  • Sometimes Ramien didn't want to go to Defender's Heart even if Hurlun was killed - fixed;
  • The final romantic dialogue with Arueshalae wouldn't start if she wasn't in the current party - fixed;
  • Wenduag could leave the party during the rest in Colyphyr Mines or later - fixed. However, if she's already left, she won't come back, and you may need an earlier save.

Areas

• Fixed the unnecessary transparency of some staircases in Drezen Citadel;
  • Fixed an error which could cause Queen Galfrey and Irabeth to disappear during the siege of Drezen;
  • Fixed an error which could make Galfrey stay in Drezen's citadel in chapter 5;
  • Fixed an issue which allowed to endlessly shift the alignment in the dialogue in Sacred Lands;
  • Fixed the camera movement in turn-based mode on the staircase in Drezen Citadel;
  • Fixed the lighting on some locations where the tactical battles took place;
  • Fixed the movement freezing on the global map before entering the Lost Chapel;
  • The fireplace in the Defender's Heart tavern has been returned. We asked the thieflings to leave it alone;
  • The textures of chips on the global map don't go missing anymore.

Crusade

• All Dragons' melee damage has been moderately increased;
  • Azata Lilliend's damage and attack has has been significantly increased;
  • Azata Yamah has incorrect description and size - fixed;
  • Azata Yamah's damage and attack has has been significantly increased;
  • Convicts' AC and HP has been moderately increased;
  • Cuirassiers' damage and attack has been significantly increased;
  • Inspecting units in tactical battles didn't show a tooltip sometimes - fixed;
  • Lich's spell power has been significantly decreased;
  • Paladins' damage and attack have been moderately increased;
  • Preaching Sacrifice used to increase the effects from the negative morale, not positive - fixed;
  • Scaled Fists' damage and attack has been significantly increased;
  • Students of Stone's damage and attack has been moderately increased;
  • The Plagued Dragons Creation decree now creates an army with the correct number of units.

Classes & Mechanics

• Choosing Animal Domain as an Impossible Domain mythic ability now will allow to level up your animal companion to the correct level;
  • Description has been added for Ascending Succubus race;
  • Evil Arueshalae had an Ascending Succubus race - fixed;
  • Fixed the maximal caster level for the scroll crafting for the characters with the appropriate class (such as Nenio);
  • Fixed the mechanics of the Pillar of Life spell to match the description. Playful Darkness is watching you!
  • Hellfire ray's fire component didn't add Sorcerer's dragon fire (brass/red/gold) bloodline +1 damage per die rolled - fixed;
  • Purple Worm will no longer swallow if you have Freedom of Movement or similar effect;
  • Restless Slumber has been fixed (now your enemies will rest in peace);
  • Skald couldn't be merged with Loremaster - fixed;
  • Some of the Paladin's abilities didn't work after changing the alignment on your mythic path - fixed;
  • Swarm Feast didn't automatically devour killed enemies in the area - fixed;
  • Trickster's Demoralize ability with "Persuasion 1 rank" now works only on enemies.

Items

• Deathly Arousal mechanics has been reworked;
  • Odds Evener mechanics has been reworked:
  • The mechanics of Ardent Guard have been reworked.

UI

• During level-up, when getting to the spell selection, the spellbook could appear empty - fixed.

Misс

• Elemental Barrage could cause the game to crash - fixed;
  • Fixed the Immaculate Petal visuals;
  • Fixed the issue with the quality of Queen Galfrey's portraits in the epilogue;
  • Fixed the portrait of Areelu in the past;
  • Fixed the unloading of sound files from the memory - now the sounds will be working more steadily;
  • FPS could drop significantly on the global map - fixed.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There is no cheating in a single player game.

On the other hand, when someone writes they know the game so well as to play on higher difficulties, a mention of an installed mod pack could be desirable. However, not enforceable.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It might very well be broken, however using third party solutions to allow this brokeness even wider, where the devs considered it unapropriate, is crossing the line for me.
Of course, you're free to do as you wish in your game.

Yosharian

Arcane
It might very well be broken, however using third party solutions to allow this brokeness even wider, where the devs considered it unapropriate, is crossing the line for me.
Pfft. Obtaining 9th-level Wizard spells at level 13 is fine, but getting 6th-level Magus spells earlier than you might otherwise? oh man that's just going too far!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Although I find some of the bugginess disheartening (I keep taking breaks from my actual "progression" game for certain bugs to get sorted out before moving forward again), I see it more as the natural side effect of Owlcat's ambition. They've shoehorned so much stuff in the game: mythic paths, classes, subclasses, items, etc. that all have edge cases, exceptions and weird interactions that can even be a pain in the ass to figure out for tabletop purposes that the coding logic gets wonky. I've also seen a few cases where what I figured would be the proper interpretation of the rules (and therefore the in game implementation was a bug) was actually not correct and the way the game was handling the rule was intended. This sort of thing obscures the ability to discern and report clear bugs and to help streamline the entire process.

tl;dr This has to be a fucking nightmare to work on, even in terms of figuring out what the game should be doing, nevermind ensuring that the coding logic is handling that properly.

Edit: My point is that I think part of what makes Owlcat's games awesome is also what makes them buggy as hell.

Efe

Erudite
getting magus spells early vs losing mythic spell levels 7-8-9
I'd call it a bad trade if last few mythic levels werent so late.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pfft. Obtaining 9th-level Wizard spells at level 13 is fine, but getting 6th-level Magus spells earlier than you might otherwise? oh man that's just going too far!
It's not just getting 6th level magus spells early though, it's getting 9th level lich spells early. And you know, sure it is very strong for a wizard. But at the same time, a wizard benefits quite a bit less from the various mythic feats*. And a wizard is pretty squishy. A magus is not very squishy, gets free metamagic, and can dish out insane damage.

Again, it is a single player game, so you can do what you want. If you want your character to start with 20 in all stats, or increase the level cap to 30, that's fine. But don't pretend that just because there's a very strong thing that can be done under certain conditions, that you are now making available under much less stringent conditions, that this isn't making the game easier, and potentially destroying the challenge.

*There's obviously good stuff for casters, but at the same time most of it is like: yeah, cast more spells per day, or have your spells last longer. Convenience, not power. Or mythic feats that are just mandatory like ignoring energy immunity or spell pen. The mythic metamagic stuff is very strong though.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's not just getting 6th level magus spells early though, it's getting 9th level lich spells early. And you know, sure it is very strong for a wizard. But at the same time, a wizard benefits quite a bit less from the various mythic feats*. And a wizard is pretty squishy. A magus is not very squishy, gets free metamagic, and can dish out insane damage.

Again, it is a single player game, so you can do what you want. If you want your character to start with 20 in all stats, or increase the level cap to 30, that's fine. But don't pretend that just because there's a very strong thing that can be done under certain conditions, that you are now making available under much less stringent conditions, that this isn't making the game easier, and potentially destroying the challenge.

*There's obviously good stuff for casters, but at the same time most of it is like: yeah, cast more spells per day, or have your spells last longer. Convenience, not power. Or mythic feats that are just mandatory like ignoring energy immunity or spell pen. The mythic metamagic stuff is very strong though.
but you would get those spells anyway, just not in the same spellbook. a wizard being able to cast Weird halfway through the game isn't more or less overpowered than the alternative.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I don't think anyone shared this, but it looks like Owlcat has worked on some new portraits.
New portraits is really nice. Don't care at all about the 3d face of my characters, you never see it in game. Anything detail smaller than long/short hair is lost at the zoom level.
Oh, interesting. Also a new side quest for act 5 it seems. Least of the games problems tbh
The game is already too long, and you'll already hit level 20 after one or two sidequests in act 5. It really doesn't need more content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom