Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Kickstarter over, now the real campaign begins, ensuring Ratfolk are voted in and not some other lesser race.
Well if the Strawpoll is any indication, Ysoki Ratfolk will win quite handidly. I don't think it ever dropped below 50% of the total vote. I think Catfolk vs. Foxfags are dividing the furries.

It never spread to Reddit & Twitter, though, so there might be a large degenerate segment skewing the numbers and giving the wrong idea.
And they weren’t just veterans: more than 20% of our backers had never supported a Kickstarter project before. Seeing the Pathfinder community grow and our games attract different CRPG fans makes us so proud. This means that there is something in our games for practically everyone.
This is big. Bigly even. Certain other spiritually succeeding designers on suicide watch. Monitor their tweets plz.
It seems that all that furry shit did brought in a lot of murican dosh. I see a lot of liberal utopias in that city list :).
I think it has less to do with them being liberal utopias and more to do with those simply being very large cities in modernized countries.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
RAT-GONE!
Vote Kitsune!

Does it matter in the end? Kit-sune, Rat-sune, Cat-sune. They're all furries. :shittydog:

They are really not. Furries are about animal-human hybrids: They usually have a fur-covered human body and proportions where only the head, feet and tail are taken from their respective animal. Ratfolk, look too much like normal rats for furries.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Couldn't they give us at least one non-furry choice?
I maintain that they should've made it Grippli vs. Tengu vs. Ysoki.

Not that I mind Ysoki/Ratfolk at all; the mere fact that something has fur doesn't make it furry unless you're.. y'know.. a furry. It's just that catfolk and kitsune are boring as fuck.

To me, it's not even a contest. If the vote involved Grippli or Tengu, I'd be genuinely torn on what to support.

Gargaune

Arcane
The thing I hate most about this campaign is the summer 2021 delivery date, I wanted this thing yesterday.

I am slightly worried about the plot premise, though. Kingmaker's introduction was brilliantly understated and mundane, sort of Icewind Dale-ish, whereas Wrath looks like it's all balls-to-the-wall Throne of Bhaal from the outset. I'm sure no one's going to crown you God Emperor of the Crusade in the first act, but the "Save the World" trope is right there already, baked into the exposition.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The quality on the evil one is actually shit. It's clearly a blow-up low-res version!

:mob:

The artist's artstation profile is https://www.artstation.com/artonik
He has uploaded the 4k good version, but the evil one is nowhere to be found. Probably the 1200px one was distributed by Owlcat directly to sites. If we ask the artist or ask in the AMA, they may release the 4k evil version.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The thing I hate most about this campaign is the summer 2021 delivery date
It is also the thing I most hate. I would prefer 2023 or so for the size of this game.
I've barely touched Kingmaker, so now I have two years to master PKM:EE

I'm sure no one's going to crown you God Emperor of the Crusade in the first act
They won't?
Hg1XMDx.jpg

Last edited:

Gargaune

Arcane
It is also the thing I most hate. I would prefer 2023 or so for the size of this game.

Eh, with Alpha coming in April it's probably safe to assume they're already quite a ways along. It's just some of those stretch goals like army TBS that are gonna stress milestones.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The quality on the evil one is actually shit. It's clearly a blow-up low-res version!

:mob:

The artist's artstation profile is https://www.artstation.com/artonik
He has uploaded the 4k good version, but the evil one is nowhere to be found. Probably the 1200px one was distributed by Owlcat directly to sites. If we ask the artist or ask in the AMA, they may release the 4k evil version.
I contacted him:
SUUccoR.png
Artstation is mostly just for professional artists (or hopefuls), and it's not uncommon for artists to ignore non-Business inquiries, or that artists with steady jobs simply don't frequent their Artstation accounts very often (there's setting to only be pinged/mailed by Business inquiries). It's also not uncommon for artists to just not be able to help you, since sharing things is just not something many are allowed to do due to contractual obligations.

But we'll see if he responds.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
... I'm sure no one's going to crown you God Emperor of the Crusade in the first act ...
I wouldn't be so sure. The game is supposed to only be 2/3 of Kingmaker in terms of length, so the pacing, both in terms of power ramp-up and narrative, is going to be balls to the wall, straight into epic-level gonzo. We'll have to take the good with the bad, I guess.
but the "Save the World" trope is right there already, baked into the exposition.
Yeah, no way to get around that, unfortunately. This adventure path adaptation was always about saving the entirety of the (awful) world of Golarion. While I generally prefer more personal, down-to-earth stories at lower levels (and "power-levels") - part of the reason why I really like much of Kingmaker, I suspect - I'm curious how Owlcat will handle this whole thing, especially when coming from Kingmaker.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they chose this Adventure Path, after having done the previous, very "Baldur's Gate 1"-style, adventurous/exploration/mundane-ish Kingmaker one.

This is a lot more Throne of Bhaal, but it could also be very much Mask of the Betrayer.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't read the adventure path because I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but I suspect most of our time will be spent searching for allies or strategically taking out demon outposts/breeding pits/commanders/destroying prisons. It's unrelated, but I also have the suspicion if they make the HoMM battles well enough we'll see a HoMM-style spin-off later on.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Plagues upon you, Lann.
I prefer rabies!
The ratfolk shall triumph.
Thus - Kitsune.

Plague is well known bacterial disease fully curable by antibiotics and has boring symptoms. Rabies is incurable viral infection with about 100% mortality if not caught in time. And its symptoms include significant personality changes in both canines and apes (including humans).

Kitsune are better even at spreading diseases.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I noticed this from the infographic:

bwTOWKo.png

This is an interesting and possibly misleading chart. Major US population centers on the East Coast aren't in the top ten? It's really a proxy for a "top 10 gentrified cities" ranking.

Also, a possible overrepresentation from cities that are major gaming industry hubs (Montreal, Seattle). Game developers donating to other game developers?

Last edited:

Gargaune

Arcane
... I'm sure no one's going to crown you God Emperor of the Crusade in the first act ...
I wouldn't be so sure. The game is supposed to only be 2/3 of Kingmaker in terms of length, so the pacing, both in terms of power ramp-up and narrative, is going to be balls to the wall, straight into epic-level gonzo. We'll have to take the good with the bad, I guess.
Well, that'd be a little disappointing. I suppose I could look up an AP synopsis to get a better feel for it but I'd rather not spoil it for myself, will just hear when the Beta rolls around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom