Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Alright, so, the strawpoll has now spread to Reddit and almost doubled in votes since.

And ratfolk have only marginally dropped, while catfolk have only marginally increased!

rating_bounce.gif

Well, that'd be a little disappointing. I suppose I could look up an AP synopsis to get a better feel for it but I'd rather not spoil it for myself, will just hear when the Beta rolls around.
Yeah, let's expect the worst and hope for the best. They could still say "fuck it!" and just make it as big as it gets.
I haven't read the adventure path because I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but I suspect most of our time will be spent searching for allies or strategically taking out demon outposts/breeding pits/commanders/destroying prisons. It's unrelated, but I also have the suspicion if they make the HoMM battles well enough we'll see a HoMM-style spin-off later on.
I doubt Paizo would let someone else run roughshod in their setting and publish official material with their own meta-setting outcomes and such, unless very restricted, especially when their meta-narrative has already moved on with Pathfinder 2: The Double-Cancering.

It would be intensely cool, though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt Paizo would let someone else run roughshod in their setting and publish official material with their own meta-setting outcomes and such, unless very restricted, especially when their meta-narrative has already moved on with Pathfinder 2: The Double-Cancering.

I meant a spin-off in their own home-brew setting just using and developing the rules they're going to go with in WotR. But who knows, Paizo might give them the go-ahead.

Reinhardt

Arcane
... I'm sure no one's going to crown you God Emperor of the Crusade in the first act ...
I wouldn't be so sure. The game is supposed to only be 2/3 of Kingmaker in terms of length, so the pacing, both in terms of power ramp-up and narrative, is going to be balls to the wall, straight into epic-level gonzo. We'll have to take the good with the bad, I guess.
but the "Save the World" trope is right there already, baked into the exposition.
Yeah, no way to get around that, unfortunately. This adventure path adaptation was always about saving the entirety of the (awful) world of Golarion. While I generally prefer more personal, down-to-earth stories at lower levels (and "power-levels") - part of the reason why I really like much of Kingmaker, I suspect - I'm curious how Owlcat will handle this whole thing, especially when coming from Kingmaker.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they chose this Adventure Path, after having done the previous, very "Baldur's Gate 1"-style, adventurous/exploration/mundane-ish Kingmaker one.

This is a lot more Throne of Bhaal, but it could also be very much Mask of the Betrayer.
I don't know. They do this crusade thing for century or so. For me it looks more like WWI trench warfare stalemate than epic saving of the world.

Codex Year of the Donut
I noticed this from the infographic:

bwTOWKo.png

This is an interesting and possibly misleading chart. Major US population centers on the East Coast aren't in the top ten? It's really a proxy for a "top 10 gentrified cities" ranking.

Also, a possible overrepresentation from cities that are major gaming industry hubs (Montreal, Seattle). Game developers donating to other game developers?
Is this just cities with the most backers or is it cities with the backers that paid the most?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I noticed this from the infographic:

bwTOWKo.png

This is an interesting and possibly misleading chart. Major US population centers on the East Coast aren't in the top ten? It's really a proxy for a "top 10 gentrified cities" ranking.

Also, a possible overrepresentation from cities that are major gaming industry hubs (Montreal, Seattle). Game developers donating to other game developers?
Is this just cities with the most backers or is it cities with the backers that paid the most?
Based on the description, which is all any of us have to go on anyway, I would assume the former.
Surpised to see Chicago. So when blacks don't shoot each other on the streets they play rpgs.:obviously:
Don't be ridiculous. This isn't a prime-time TV-show intended for a millennial audience. Negroes don't play RPGs.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Alright, so, the strawpoll has now spread to Reddit and almost doubled in votes since.

And ratfolk have only marginally dropped, while catfolk have only marginally increased!

rating_bounce.gif

Well, that'd be a little disappointing. I suppose I could look up an AP synopsis to get a better feel for it but I'd rather not spoil it for myself, will just hear when the Beta rolls around.
Yeah, let's expect the worst and hope for the best. They could still say "fuck it!" and just make it as big as it gets.
I haven't read the adventure path because I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but I suspect most of our time will be spent searching for allies or strategically taking out demon outposts/breeding pits/commanders/destroying prisons. It's unrelated, but I also have the suspicion if they make the HoMM battles well enough we'll see a HoMM-style spin-off later on.

GamesWorkshop allowed Total War Warhammer in Fantasy despite already being in age of Sigmar. them Being in Pathfinder 2 might actually make it more likely

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Wow compare level 20 plus mythic levels in this game to larians level 10 and "feats won't be available in the Alpha". I'm so glad owlcat exists for people who actually like character building in their RPGs.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What? Expect an inflated munchkin paradise / thematic mess not unlike HotU, where one becomes bored pretty quickly. I'd take a polished low-to-mid magic setting any day of the week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom