Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Romances are very important for those of us who will never experience true love in our real lives

Just watch High Score Girl when you need a fix. That should keep you happy through multiple viewings

Bara

Arcane
After they hit their base funding goal there will be a fundraiser.

So probably tomorrow then since were only $4k away now

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
The development process of Pathfinder: Kingmaker has equipped us with efficient pipelines and a real understanding of the scope of such a project in terms of both budget and time. We plan to deliver the game in June 2021 and we are fairly confident about this timeline. But since we aim to significantly extend the game’s features and increase the overall scale of the adventure, we might find out that certain parts of the game require more time to be polished. Our desire to provide the best experience to our backers and the results of alpha and beta testing may delay the final release. The good part is that this should also mean the game ends up being bigger and better than currently planned. Some of the features could also be changed as we move ahead with development and gain feedback from the players during the testing period.

a68.png

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Honestly the "I want it NHOW!!!" sentiment can fuck itself to death. Don't staaaaaall project for years, but also how about we give them reasonable deadline and in meantime, I dunno, play & replay countless other good games or just have life??!

Summer 2021 for polished game of this lvl of complexity regardless of them reusing same engine is quite fast development. Patience, itz a virtue

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not pledging Kickstarters anymore, because I don't want to buy any games until I cleared my backlog, but I'm very happy that they are doing another game, with a successful KS. Good job Owlcat!

Bara

Arcane
So what do you think we're going to get for stretch goals? Already have Avellone, Damphir, 2 new archetypes for each class, Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch with all previous classes.

Game already feels pretty meaty. Only thing I could see them doing is more mythic classes and additional story chapters/characters.

Bara

Arcane
As much as I prefer turn-base over rtwp I hope not. Not unless they implement it like the mod where you can quick swap between the two.

The mod was great as some of those encounters would have been extremely tedious without being able to quick swap.

Plus I'd be worry for encounter design if they tried to balance for both modes at the same time.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For stretch goals maybe more Prestige Class?

It was kinda lacking in PfK.

Most likely there will be parallel campaign like Varnholds Lot.

I am hoping for module creator toolset. A man can hope.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Will everyone in core difficulty have 30+ dex again?

How do these 'dex fundraisers typically work? I haven't participated before.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
7e70813497124e20d8456f44e5053c22_original.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2747884

Wow, we reached our funding goal! Coming up – Warpriest

We reached our Initial Goal in just one day – that is truly amazing! Every one of us is overwhelmed by your support. Thank you! We love to see such passion for our game and we’re ready to make it even better by adding extra features and content and making it the ultimate Pathfinder video game experience.

This brings us to our Stretch Goals – each of these Goals will be revealed once the previous one is reached. And since we were asked multiple times to bring more character classes to the game, we are ready to add a new one! Introducing the warpriest – a new character class to join the roster if we reach $370,000!

78bb21bda6b6f64f8c3f139de35c33b8_original.jpg

A priest is a well-known character concept, but it varies from game to game. In many of them, a priest is a dedicated healer that wears robes and abhors violence (or, at least, weapons, preferring magic to do the damage). Not in Pathfinder though – clerics in Pathfinder wear armor and are perfectly capable of fighting on the front lines. But this capability is far from a specialization. And if you want to play an armor-clad cleric that slaughters foes for the glory of god – there is a class just for you. Welcome the warpriest.

Warpriests are unflinching bastions of their faith, shouting dogma while they beat foes into submission, and they never shy away from a challenge to their beliefs. While clerics rely more on their spells and inquisitors may use guile, knowledge, or diplomacy to accomplish their aims, warpriests’ main focus is violence. In many faiths, warpriests form the core of their church’s martial forces – reclaiming lost relics, rescuing captured clergy, and defending the church’s tenets from all challenges.

As one of the so-called “hybrid” classes, the warpriest has both unique abilities and a mix of abilities from the cleric, fighter, paladin, and even a bit of monk. From the cleric class, he gains his spells – with a spell progression going up to 6th level (he can cast a swift action when targeting himself), blessings (more combat and less utility-oriented version of domains), and an ability to channel energy. From the fighter, he gains bonus combat feats, and proficiency in all martial weapons and heavy armor. From the paladin, an ability to enchant his weapons and armor, and an ability to heal himself similar to the paladin’s Lay on Hands – without the pesky restriction on Lawful Good alignment. And from the monk he gains a weapon damage progression – making even the less brutal but favored weapons of deities mighty in the warpriest’s hands. Among those, a ton of abilities using swift actions guarantees that neither healing nor buffing will distract a warpriest from the slaying of his foes.

In the middle of combat, a warpriest can empower himself with Divine Favor, heal his wounds, and light his weapon with holy fire – all without staying his weapon-wielding hand even for a second, for it shall not rest until all the foes of his deity are slain. Indeed, the word most befitting a warpriest on the battlefield is “unstoppable,” as his arsenal of abilities gives him a plethora of ways to render enemies’ attacks and defenses utterly useless.

Warpriests can vary significantly based on which deity they serve – from greatsword-wielding bloodthirsty priests of Gorum, to archer priests of Erastil, and sword-and-board priests of Iomedae. Yet some go even further down their path. A feral champion transforms into animals to tear his enemies to pieces. A shieldbearer enhances shields instead of weapons. A champion of the faith hunts those opposed to the alignment of his god. A disenchanter specializes in fighting against casters of magic. And a cult leader fights using trickery and sneak attacks.

Here, at the Worldwound, the site of the greatest cataclysm since Starfall, is the perfect stage to prove your conviction in deadly combat. Before the eyes of the gods, you will show how great and terrifying your fervor can be.

Choose your god well, take up your weapon, and fight for your faith as the warpriest. For the triumph of the crusade!

To arms!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Syme

Arbiter
Is this an Aeon mythic spell?

da66bedfbc4fe54a5d74940b468ea4f8_original.gif

I'm getting a distinct PST feel from these elaborate spells.

They're redesigning mythic rules for the game, so it's hard to tell without any more information. Per PnP rules you can't really permanently turn into an Angel or an Aeon the same way you can turn into a Lich via a ritual (AFAIK), so I have no idea where they are going with this. My best guess is that the spell is a form of Sphere of Oblivion that Pleroma Aeons can cast.

Bara

Arcane

Well mod support is one of the social goals, 18 stars to earn to get it. Seeing how there is 16 question marks I don't think all goals are worth equal points?

b221e257c0cc35635a475699c371c269_original.png

Readher

Savant

Well mod support is one of the social goals, 18 stars to earn to get it. Seeing how there is 16 question marks I don't think all goals are worth equal points?

b221e257c0cc35635a475699c371c269_original.png

The marks hide numbers. There are 3 tiers for every goal, with one tier being revealed for all so far. That nets you 24 stars possible to get in total.

CoronerZg

Augur
So... what are the chances we get something like MotB with all this Mythic and Godlike shenanigans? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom