Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Is this a bug? My armies are literally on top of each and I can’t exchange troops.

Parabalus

Arcane
So I've been told my reading skills are lacking, and they may well be, because now that I've re-read Leading Strike, it appears that feat not only has no limit on the number of marks you can stack in a single round, it's also worded as if merely attacking (and not actually hitting) triggered the extra damage. The last part is probably just my early onset dementia talking, but even if it requires a hit, it still seems kinda good, especially if you have reliable means of triggering a bunch of AOOs between your frontliners.

Fuck, I didn't expect to be so invested in munchkining this game. I certainly didn't feel like doing that in Kingmaker.

Also, the part "any ally" includes the character with Leading Strike, i.e., you can trigger it yourself all day long.

Parabalus

Arcane
The system is dogshit, it's boring as fuck, with 0 depth and blocks your story progression. Bunch of quest location being put behind demon fortress and you need a big ass army to clear the path. But you get so little soliders every week you need wait a long ass time to build your army, and good luck "dont' lose troops" when the flying units just straight up flying to your archers and destroy them.

I bought this game to play pathfinder, not a shitt version that plays worse than even HoMM 1.

And you can't even turn it auto because it breaks bunch of shit.

How is it possible to suck this bad? Army battles are faceroll.

You can get help sucking less or you can whine and cry and break your game. Your choice.

Who says it's hard? It's boring and lack depth. There is no control zone, no retaliate, you can't change your troops position before the combat starts, and it took forever to kill some of your enemy because they have huge amount of health but do little damage. And you can't even see what the passives of your troops actually do.

Oh you can skip a bunch of days to build a massive army, such a masterful skill. Not shit it proves how little thoughts actually went into the system and how ahrd they are forcing you to play it.
You can't skip any time at all because you lose resources and morale.

If the gargoyles are annoying take spells with the general, and use both troops with smites.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My smol army got bitchslapped by bunch of zomies and wights. They cursed my infantry or something and suddenly i started losing 15-20 men each round. 100+ crusaders kill one wight, 6 wights kill 20 infantrymen.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
when you stub your toe so hard slayer starts playing in the background.
Cst36rD.jpg

do they have any plans for a dungeon dlc? no way in hell am i going to play through this awful story multiple times just for some tiny bit of badly written and then badly translated reactivity. i do want to stomp on demons as a gold dragon, however.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Scroll crafting seems bugged, something is exploding the crafted DC. Enjoy while you can.

Rafidur

Learned
Do the evil options become not dogshit after chapter 1? So far they're all "murder the orphan for no reason lul".

If they don't improve - is it possible to play a good/neutral lich?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Do the evil options become not dogshit after chapter 1? So far they're all "murder the orphan for no reason lul".

There is always the "I will murder you for no reason because I'm evil." options and it's almost everywhere. But there are evil options makes more sense in later chapters, mostly related to the evil mythic paths.

Parabalus

Arcane

If you want pragmatic Evil Lich is your path, probably also Devil.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Who says it's hard? It's boring and lack depth. There is no control zone, no retaliate, you can't change your troops position before the combat starts, and it took forever to kill some of your enemy because they have huge amount of health but do little damage. And you can't even see what the passives of your troops actually do.
a mix of both, rtwp to clear the trash mobs and turn based for elite enemy or bosses.
Thank you.

So let's see. You are complaining that battles on the tactical layer do not follow good TB practices with interrupts, zones of control and so on. However, this is exactly how they were in HoMM, and this is how Owlcat Games wanted to make them.

On the other hand, you are completely fine using the TB mode in the main game, where it has no interrupts, no running away from AoE, and quite limited control zones and AoO. You are complaining about the grid fights as they were meant to be, but you are not complaining about poorly made turn-based mode that decreases the difficulty one notch. Very consistent, yeah.

And this is what the most of the criticism of the game looks like in this prestigious thread.

P.S.: this is my REEEEEEE for today. Thanks for reading.

kain30

Cipher
First couple of patches out. How many did kingmaker needed until owlcat considered the games was finished?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno, when i'm standing with 2h in the middle of the enemy horde they interrupting themselves just fine.
I meant, for example, enemy crossbowmen shooting a mage who prepares a fireball to wipe out the whole bunch of them. In Kingmaker it was pretty ridiculous in locations with kobolds.

However, it's good to know that something is working.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
Alright I've settled on the playthroughs I intend on doing, once the game is in a playable state.

1. Witch -> Trickster/Swarm
2. Hellknight -> Aeon/Devil
3. Paladin -> Angel
4. Cavalier -> Lich (Death Knight)
5. Order of the Pikey -> Azata/Legend

In that order. After that I might go for completion with Demon, full Azata, full Aeon and full Trickster if the game is really good. Not doing Gold Dragon cause that looks stupid.

Vatnik Wumao
So Gays, how many Pathfinder Trannies did you fuck by now?
You can bang everyone in the party, or rather they harass you to bang them , everyone except the undeads and even that i am not so sure you cant ....
None of them are appealing.

Might make an exception for the half-elf chick tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom