Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Dishonoredbr, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Robber Baron Learned

Robber Baron
    Visual adjustment mod disables the achievments btw

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Not sure what your tone while saying this is, but, I'll say this: I feel it's lessons learned. It's good to be informed/ to know it's not permanent. It's nice to know if someone's gone forever or not.

While Desiderius is... an acquired taste as far as personality goes, it is a loss for the forum because his advice on builds is pretty solid.

• Agree x 7
    • Shit x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yeah, it really drags game down, a lot.

Also new bug of the day, when enterinde Drezen siege game stucks in zoomed in and needs a relaod. Oh Owlcat...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think in a day or two you will discover his role as a protector against utter Western stupidity that even Codex is not immune to. It's ironic, considering he is supposed to be from the USA.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    IMO The crusade system is a great idea, terrible execution.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Sunri Learned

Sunri
    Can you corrupt ember when you play evil character? during her quest line she killer some random with flamestrike i wish she would just kill people instead making cringe speeches

• cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    You Western world is gone anon! It is! It is dawn of final day anon! It is! Do not worry anon it is okay anon because it is white boy summer anon! It is! You are a good anon! You are a good Lann anon friend anon!

• WTF am I reading x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    It was info about a DEX-based Sword Saint that used Dueling Swords, tho, so it wasn't one of his standard 3-billion-damage-per-crit Bastard Sword builds. The LARP I was doing with that particular character was slightly different. :M

I was also new to Pathfinder at the time and that system has some noticeable differences compared to the standard 3.5e that I'm used to.

I'll just probably play it safe and go full glass-cannon Sorc as I usually do once this is out of Early Access for the first playthough, tho.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    DEX in PKM was enough to one-shot very difficult enemies on Unfair.

In this one, potentially still would with new mythics (oh right. also hurr crusader edge hurr some other buffs, whatever), but idk about all the manyhp enhanced demons.
    Plus, there are so many companions you can try and train into proper men and real waifu women in way of the DEX, I'd just roll a full plate high str packing plate Keldorn every time, even if it might be boring and not fancy like all the katana wiedling aldori gaylords.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wrath has race-specific subclasses, which might / should be strong without multiclassing. Probably, it is another convenient way to start probing a new system, as they are, basically, prebuilds, but more interesting.

^ Top  
  11. Anonymous Wife Scholar Erudite

Anonymous Wife Scholar
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Wasn't that ork woman also new character? And what about Sheela?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Paizo all of dem.

^ Top  
  14. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Haplo's build is excellent for sword saint, its not a perfect tank by default if you dont know how to build it .It can be damage dealer , one of the best at it. There's no oversized bastard sword in WOTR , and i dont even remember bastard swords at all, but his strengh build can still work with any weapons , just slightly weaker. Maybe glaive weapons, theres very good ones . For tank i'd jsut go pure dex build .
    Now only thing to change is which mythic path you want to pair it , either lich or trickster.

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    Hooo, wait, does that mean a Sorc build based around blasting the shit out of your enemies with damage spells will suck here? Because if so :decline:

How fucking dare you.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    (hmm, now that that american cannot stop me...)
    Welly well wellington, my fedora friend, sorcs and spontaneous casters suck to begin with compared to stategic and classical vancian casters like wizards and now witches as well. No, in fact, if you think they don't suck, it just means you suck instead! In general, casters just suck for like 10 levels, through some of the most difficult parts of the game, because difficulty does jack shit against enemy spell resistance and immunities, and demons have ton of it. And then, they begin to just throw all this immune to everything (bosses are even immune to level drain, what is this, sawyerism? i demand bg back!) and high hp resurrecting demons. I swear, it is a game totally skewed against casters, and made for Haplos and their improved improved criticals doing 30000 damage per crit.
    I hope you would report this to Owlcats through a bug reporting tool.

(it depends on difficulty. can still multishot enemies with mythic spells and some are super op. I heard angel is great blaster, oddly enough. with new penalties to stats i just flat Banished/Dissmissaled and turned into dogs everything I met as gayazata. every mythic has something really.)

Fucking grease magic missile meta, what have they done to my game.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I was going to say I hope it's temporary.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    First time I see autism banned on a forum that pride itself on being autistic.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Funny x 3
    • Brofist x 2
    • Fishy x 2
    • decline x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • sad x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Also, lots of Karens in this thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Haplo Prophet Patron

Haplo
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That is... true.
    But also Desiderius-style lectures on the silliness of dipping other classes on a Sword Saint, who is already the perfect kit by itself (other then maybe that 1 monk dip :P ).

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. dacencora Scholar

dacencora
    Another poster obsessed with the """WEST""". Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    In PnP they do. But in video-games, in which there are only ever a small handful of actually useful spells-per-level + the fact you can Save and Load game at will? I honestly don't understand the point of playing a Wizard (unless, of course, for specific LARP purposes). Even in both Baldur's Gate SCS, Sorcerers reign supreme over Wizards because in video-game format, there really are only small handful of spells per level that are actually useful.

Oh, Christ. :negative:

I'll do a Haplo-style build in 1 out 3-4 of my playthroughs of a game, but if a fucking D&D-based game won't let me be a god-among-men magic blaster, I really don't think I want to bother.

Kingmaker wasn't 100% caster-friendly to begin with, with all the HP bloat and sky-high Saves, but what you're describing sounds even worse. A D&D party in which the focused Arcane caster isn't the most powerful member just feels.... wrong.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Yes. And the United States of America fell because of Wizards being weak in PK.

Or something like that.

(I can't believe this is working.)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Thonius Arcane

Thonius
    OH GOD, I caught up with the drama, am I dumb or something? I don't get why he got booted. The dude is rough around the edges but cmon. A moment of silence.

ANYHOW, anyone checked disciple of pike works as I think it is, ie the smaller your character the better bonuses you get?

• Brofist x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Salute x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.