Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Harthwain

Magister
There is 80% sale on Pathologic 2 right now. It sounds like an open-world survival game with choices and consequences? Can somebody sell it to me?

v1rus

Arcane
There is 80% sale on Pathologic 2 right now. It sounds like an open-world survival game with choices and consequences? Can somebody sell it to me?

its a masterpiece, and def worth playing; even if you dont like it/enjoy it, you will surely appreciate the fact it exists

Jinn

Arcane
Does Icepick Lodge still exist? What's their next project?
They just put out some AR mobile game of some sort a month ago. I don't play mobile shit, so I'll never play it.

Besides that, the rumor ever continues they are working on the Bachelor campaign for Pathologic 2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's 80% off, just buy it since you're interested.
As for why you should play it and not just backlog it: There's nothing else quite like it. It's reminiscent of titles like morrowind or ps:t in throwing you head first into a strange world but the gameplay also backs it up. It's kind of a real time survival/time management game, so being able to understand the world is crucial to learn how to extract resources from it and to figure out which tasks are distractions and which are important.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's 80% off, just buy it since you're interested.
As for why you should play it and not just backlog it: There's nothing else quite like it. It's reminiscent of titles like morrowind or ps:t in throwing you head first into a strange world but the gameplay also backs it up. It's kind of a real time survival/time management game, so being able to understand the world is crucial to learn how to extract resources from it and to figure out which tasks are distractions and which are important.
Yeah, and while at it also get

It's even more unique and enjoyable (if you like challenging games at least, it's difficult!). One of my favorite games of all times.

Vibalist

Arcane
I gotta replay this one of these days. Pathologic is probably the only game (or activity) in the world that has managed to make stress fun.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Some news on the Bachelor campaign!

https://teletype.in/@icepicklodge/1UeQEI9YTAS

Bachelor of Medicine​

The Hospital is a new gaming mechanic that challenges the protagonist's intellect. It comprises several stages: in the first stage, the player interviews the patient, and in the second, conducts a physical examination.
10c7955d-e5b0-41b1-be9c-a3a3af59df05.png

Daniil Dankovsky is a medical science savant. He’s not wasting his time on ordinary patients dying from Sand Pest; there are dozens of them and there's no treatment. He's called upon to observe rare, peculiar patients who refuse to die within the five hours, like the rest of them. They exhibit unusual symptoms that shouldn’t be there.
ecbbf41b-70fc-41b0-9e97-269a7ada613c.png

It's similar to solving a mathematical equation where the sum represents the present symptoms. There are several known variables (such as various circumstances of the patient's life) and several unknown. The task is to thoroughly study everything to uncover the truth.

A patient may disclose some details that will clarify their symptoms, or they may lie, perhaps out of embarrassment or due to a hidden motive. After the medical interview, the player needs to examine the patient's body. The player marks the present symptoms in the doctor’s ledger: unusual skin discoloration, darkened veins, ulcers, and so on. In some cases, the physical examination alone is sufficient to determine the correct diagnosis.

However, even the patient's body can be deceiving. If Dankovsky suspects this, he must explore the patient's environment and living conditions. This becomes a detective story on its own, the details of which we'll reveal later.
7ce4f932-3c16-4bac-9a36-2619ae82b792.png
And these peculiar individuals who refuse to die are the key to victory. Unusual patients are glitches in the program. By collecting a sufficient number of these "glitches," you can create a vaccine.

RoSoDude

Arcane
One of the narrative designers for the Bachelor campaign posted a now-hidden page on her website with gameplay information and concept art/screenshots for the game, which was quickly rehosted to reddit. Here are the contents of that page:

NhyfxFX.png

AEbQMW0.png

PITCH​

An adventure game about time traveling combined with medical investigation200s and a city manager simulator elements. Life is Strange meets Papers, Please in a bizarre Art Nouveau setting of the Eurasian Steppe.
lNHthoU.png

9zYT7xR.png

GAME LOOP​

In general, the player's task looks like this: it is necessary to find out how to fight death. For this purpose, the player has to get answers from the future, which has not come yet. To unlock the future, it is essential to delay the spread of the epidemic.
sxZClK7.png

aLdt8nZ.png

To do this, you need to create a vaccine against the plague and pass a series of edicts. But you can also go around the city and eliminate the sources of the plague. And you can combine all of these activities in your own unique sequence.
Wtix3BA.png

8PXWapf.png

Visuals​

UL7c3tF.png

qcKQsLO.png

qFK6h6H.png

r5cFtWT.png

Z8oYYCx.png

ynmCAKz.png

5knUCNd.png

sWEDtWz.png

Chf2Olb.png

AWdBVM6.png

vCyBmb4.png

Last edited:

Beggar

Cipher
For fucks sake, it's actually happening. Literally the prophet is coming to life. The most important game of 2020's is being developed

Perkel

Arcane
honestly as much as i loved pathologic, the void made bigger impression on me. It needs less remake/remaster than pathologic but definitely it would benefit from rework of some mechanics and improvements. Hell it would be even perfect game for something like VR with its glyph system and exploration.

I think both pathologic and the void releases were mostly problem of timing. They were released at the time when consoles were all rage and pc was slumping a bit and stuff like early access didn't exist yet.

I feel like proper release of the void now with some publisher PR money would instantly shot them into stratosphere.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Maybe I'm just hopped up on hopium, but I think that reference is just to gesture at the time-manipulation story stuff, as opposed to teen drama where everyone says "hella" all the time.

It seems based on the earlier screenshot that we still have an inventory (the "Things" tab), and we know there's still first-person exploration and interaction with the environment. I'm still a bit wary of the lack of combat and survival management, but if anyone can pull off innovative challenging gameplay, it's Ice-Pick Lodge.

Vibalist

Arcane
Shit yeah dude. When did the first chapter come out? 2019? It's been a minute. But who cares. This is one of the best games I've ever played. I look forward to Bachelor's chapter so much, and Changeling's chapter in 2031.

Man, I totally forgot about this game. Looked at the game requirements on release, thought "really looks great but probably won't run that well, should wait a bit", now it's almost half a decade old before I've played it :negative:

prengle

Savant
I think that reference is just to gesture at the time-manipulation story stuff, as opposed to teen drama where everyone says "hella" all the time.
that was a kneejerk shitpost, i'm sure nikolay's script will be fine and i don't feel qualified to criticize his writing. that being said, i believed abandoning the survival gameplay entirely in daniil's route was a huge mistake when he announced it a year ago and i haven't changed my mind, even though pathologic 2 is already radically different and i partially understand why ipl is moving in this direction. it's such an essential part of pathologic's identity in my eyes - especially when it's one of the only arthouse games that properly reinforces its narrative via gameplay - that i'm worried its replacement won't be as effective. i hope they end up proving me wrong yet again, but it's a decision i can't help but question

and speaking of said gameplay, i saw your overhaul of classic hd's mechanics and it looks seriously promising, so thanks for that. i remember when i thought p1 mods other than retextures and text edits were impossible half a decade ago, so there's something i'm glad to have been proven wrong about

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom