Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Persona 5 Trailer 2

Caim

Arcane
Looks pretty cool. I have no idea what the guy's Persona was saying though, any translations of it?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks pretty cool. I have no idea what the guy's Persona was saying though, any translations of it?

Stolen from NeoGAF, translated by Shouta.
Quick and dirty translation of the voiced narration:

Voice: What's wrong? Are you just going to watch?
Voice: Was that a mistake?
Voice: Heh, that's right. That's as it should be. I am you, you are I.
Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!
Voice: Now, begin!

At the end of the trailer:

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am fully erect.

Anyone know if there's going be any differences between the PS3 and PS4 version? Aside from the obvious graphic tweaks.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I am fully erect.

Anyone know if there's going be any differences between the PS3 and PS4 version? Aside from the obvious graphic tweaks.
We don't know anything yet. Atlus are very tight lipped.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
I doubt there are significant differences. It seems to me that the PS4 port is primarily for the western market where the PS3 is largely obsolete now, while the PS3 version is maintained for Japan where the new console generation has not sold well, so I would not be surprised if they're pretty well identical.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Is this still releasing this year? There was nothing at E3, but I guess the Tokyo Games Show is more important to Atlus.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lucky me is all I can say regarding the PS3 version. My father owns one he rarely uses, so I'll be taking some extended vacation to visit him.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes. It's releasing this year in all parts of the world.

Does "all part of the world" include Europe ? Because I have not heard a thing about Europe and this game so far.

Europeans have bad luck when it comes to Atlus. Maybe its time to throw in the towel and just play Enix remakes of old Square Soft games.

5975e9afb320494fd5864e7.gif

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-hosting-persona-event-at-tokyo-game-show-2015-310018.phtml

Sony Japan is doing its pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference at 4PM JST (12AM PDT) on September 15, so it is likely we will actually get a new trailer and a release date for Persona 5 there. Hopefully I will be just arriving at our Tokyo hotel when Sony's presser starts.

Additionally, though, Sega announced a "Persona Special Stage" event at TGS on September 19 from 14:30 to 15:30 JST. Popular Persona artists will be holding a mini concert and there will be a talk segment featuring the Persona Stalker Club’s Tomomi Isomura and Mafia Kajita. So it sounds like a fan event capitalizing on hype from the suspected earlier announcement.

Martius

Liturgist
Cant wait to see no release date (but still coming 2015, we promise!) and official release of second trailer from Dancing All Night special version.

Martius

Liturgist
Actually it could come out in Europe pretty fast, at least judging by fast release of Q and Dancing All Night. Its ironic when games on non region locked console can get fast release but anything else mostly on 3ds at least few months/years later.

roll-a-die

Magister
I'm actually really really hyped for this game, which is more than I can say for most of the other games coming or having come out over the course of this year. This will probably actually make me go out and purchase a PS4.

Things I'm unsure of
The rumored stealth/sneaking system, it could be good, it could be really dull, either way, if it's foisted upon the player with fail states if you don't do it well, it will not be looked upon kindly.
Morgana(The Cat) being potentially in the same role as Teddy. Unbearable puns aside, Teddy had a unique role of driving the plot. I'd like it if Morgana was more of a side character, rather than the driver of the initial plot line.
Bringing back guns for every character.

Things that make me feel really hopeful about this game.
The change ups they are doing in gameplay and plot look good. As well as a plot that is supposedly focusing on making the player run from conflict rather than dive right in and fight it head on.
The change in emotional themes. The director mentioned in an interview that he was trying to evoke what the actual youth in Japan and globally were feeling. Which is a great sense of apathy for the world. Not knowing what they want to do. Not knowing what direction to head in even. As well as mix in the day to day struggles of the youth. He also said somewhere that he didn't want you to be playing the private highschool golden students anymore.
The focus on delinquents as opposed to regular people. I'm hoping that they are more like Kanji and Akihiko than Junpei however. Or hell even better, more like any one of the persona 1 characters.
The music we've seen thus far is great. And the composer has said he's taking queues from Acid Jazz and some other genres rather than JHiphop or JRock.

Caim

Arcane
Huh, I knew the protagonist would be a criminal this time around but it looks like there's quite a lot more to him than his predecessors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom