Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Gentle Player

Arcane
Don't even think about touching the PSP version.

Why not the PSP version with PSX music patch? PSP version has a better interface, a vastly superior translation, no nigger, and, at least to my knowledge, more challenging (though still mostly easy) battles and complex dungeon layout.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Why not the PSP version with PSX music patch? PSP version has a better interface, a vastly superior translation, no nigger, and, at least to my knowledge, more challenging (though still mostly easy) battles and complex dungeon layout.
PSX music patch can't restore some of the best tracks from the original game, because they were thrown out and replaced with tracks from other dungeons. Also, I recommended the Japanese PSX version, which is the game was originally intended to be.
IIRC the dungeons in both games are the same, except PSP version has artificially increased movement speed, just like Devil Summoner, and both games feel awful because of that.

Caim

Arcane
It's pretty good but be prepared to save scum your level ups. Unlike other SMT games you don't get to pick where to distribute your stats when you level. It's all random. You get to pick a class at the beginning that influences the % of what stats you are more likely / least likely to get, but it's not a guarantee for anything. After 10+ levels of getting mostly Luck I had to step in and reload until I got favorable stat gains. My main character was quickly becoming useless, which is never a good thing.
Wow, that sounds like an extremely terrible way to level your character. I wonder what the fuck they were thinking with this.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I think he's a statistical anomaly. Most people get stat gains that are fine and MC can always be turned into an item bot if you roll poorly on level up.

I never gave a crap about save scumming when I played. I rather comment on the fact that halfway through the game, the dungeon design just goes to "there to annoy you and waste your time" levels of shit.

L-materia

Novice
How about that one SMT game where you play a bunch of dudes wearing golden Cybermen helmets and go to the South Pole? Is that one any good?
It's kinda good and then you get to Sector Delphinus and it turns into an unending shitfest. And that's only the halfway point.
Also the story is kinda bad by SMT standards, because when you're literally in a dimensional warp on the antarctic wastes there's literally no sense of urgency, ever. And the Law path is criminally retarded, even if it's the best option, as usual.

It's shit.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Persona 5 might be delayed, but at least we have the Persona 4 dancing game to play while we wait.

:badnews:

Caim

Arcane
Well, this is certainly... a thing. Naoto's really showing off the goods here, looks like she got over her issues in the main game.

Why is Yosuke-kun so dreamy

:codexisfor:
Looks like you appreciate a good uke when you see one.

CrazyDiamond

Novice
Persona 5 might be delayed, but at least we have the Persona 4 dancing game to play while we wait.

:badnews:

Honestly, this is all so silly it's almost like a parody, I love it. And those rhythm games by Dingo are usually fun too.

But why did they change Rise's VA? Never liked much the american dub, but somehow they managed to make it even worse.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://personacentral.com/more-pers...iled-phone-app-used-to-enter-the-other-world/

Following the Persona 5 Famitsu interview excerpt with director Katsura Hashino and the recent Persona 5 information leak, the rest of the story details from the newest issue of the Japanese magazine have surfaced.

Translations provided thanks to Mystic from TRADUKO Soft (@MysticDistance) and Persona Central commenter JB:

Story
  • Unlike Persona 3 and Persona 4, Persona 5‘s story is designed to be like an “omnibus,” with no one specific enemy or criminal that the team chases after. Like a serial drama TV show, the Phantom Thieves change the targets they chase regularly.
  • A fundamental part of the story is the mystery behind a phone application called “Isekainabi” (“Otherworldnavi” or “Parallel World Navigation”). Using this app, the main characters discover the location of their targets and are able to infiltrate the other world known as “Palace” to steal the hearts of “rotten people.”
  • Unlike the protagonists and their friends in Persona 3 and Persona 4 who become directly involved together to solve a specific incident, the cast of Persona 5 are involved with social reformation and atonement.
  • “Palace” is the other world which is responsible for settings such as an old castle, pyramids, an art gallery, and more. These locations are fundamentally tied to Persona 5‘s background.
Characters
  • The protagonist and his friends are troubled, and there is a part of them that feels they have lost their way. Because of this, they devote themselves to using the “Isekinabi” app suddenly granted to them in order to help others.
  • Ryuji Sakamoto meets the main character on the first day of school and kicks off the creation of the Phantom Thief team. His relationship with the protagonist is that of a “bad influence.”
  • Ann Takamaki is restrained in her daily life and feels she has lost her place in the world but, as a Phantom Thief, she is much more lively and energetic.
  • Morgana is the most “thief-like” member of the team and assumes the role of a guide for the other characters.
  • Yusuke Kitagawa has a certain problem of his own he is dealing with, and drama begins when he encounters the other characters. Yusuke, in particular, is tied to the “omnibus-like” story for “world reformation.”
Personas
  • Every character’s initial Persona is designed to embody the concept of a “picaresque hero.” Characters awaken to them in specific parts of Palace, the alternate world inside people’s hearts.
Gameplay
  • The SNS system seen in the PV03 trailer will have players chatting with other characters using phone text messages. This will allow players to personalize and expand their stories.
  • Players will be able to explore various locations in the Greater Tokyo Area, as seen in trailers.
Development
  • Hashino reiterates that the scope of the game is very large, so the development team requires more time to properly finish it.
Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan in Summer 2016, with a 2016 North American release date.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Unlike Persona 3 and Persona 4, Persona 5‘s story is designed to be like an “omnibus,” with no one specific enemy or criminal that the team chases after. Like a serial drama TV show, the Phantom Thieves change the targets they chase regularly.

All I read there was "prepare for episodic DLC".

zwanzig_zwoelf

Actually, you might find that Persona 3 is the best Persona game, and one of the better SMT games in general.
Only a complete moron would say that Persona is an 'SMT' game. No wonder you like Persona 3.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Actually, you might find that Persona 3 is the best Persona game, and one of the better SMT games in general.
giphy.gif

zwanzig_zwoelf

Atlus has a long running practice of adding 'Shin Megami Tensei' into names of unrelated games, which doesn't turn the game into a part of SMT series. The actual name of so-called 'SMT: Persona' is Megami Ibunroku Persona, and it has zero relation to SMT series.

And PSP version is utter shit, btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom