Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Ulfhednar

Savant
There really isn't a priest tax in Dumpsterfire though. If anything, there is the CRPG standard wizard tax, but even that's minor.
Good point, I’ve only played through Dumpsterfire once, and took Xoti and eventually replaced her with Vatnir. I’ll try dumping the priest altogether if/when I get back to this game.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Priests are the most useless class in the game. Druids, Chanters, and Paladins are more effective support bots.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Priests are the most useless class in the game. Druids, Chanters, and Paladins are more effective support bots.
Devo/Shields/Crowns, Minor Avatar, Dire blessing, Consecrated Ground, Circle of Protection, Dismissal... They’re not ineffective, just boring.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Priest spells are kinda boring, that's true. The most interesting playstyles for Priests in PoE1 is utilizing the accuracy bonuses for the individual deities, like Skaen Priest going with double stilettos and LARPing a Priest/Rogue multiclass (which still gets me giddy, too bad they butchered Skaen in PoE2). Buff yourself with everything you got and go to town on the mobs.

Delterius

Arcane
Priest in Deadfire: you can have every (now unnecessary) buff in the game that other classes can also bring to the table, or you can buy other spells and be a bad wizard.

I knew Sawyer had it for me when he made priests of wael unable to use the one soulbound quarterstaff in PoE1.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Sawyer doesn't understand anything from system design, and all his design philosophies are garbage. He is only correct that an unbalanced game doesn't feel fun, but that's it. He has no idea how to balance a game, his decisions are all irredeemable. He admitted himself he sees League of Legends as pinnacle of game balance, that alone should be enough to tell you that you should stay away from everything he does.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're doing a PoE2 stream on the same day Indiana is announced? Hmmmkay...

Hopefully there's a trailer.

eh.. obsidian's stream starts about 6.5 hours before the game awards, it's not like they are streaming over it. they probably want a stream to show off the DLC and when else would they do it? the day after the game awards seems a bad idea since they would want people to focus on the outer worlds.. I suppose they could do it launch day...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I get why this is irksome, but it's a bit of an overstatement, since you're also chasing Irenicus.
You have no reason to chase Irenicus at this point. Yeah, he kidnapped you and killed some guy, but he was arrested. If you don't care about Imoen, no reason not to just move on and go elsewhere.

Yosharian

Arcane
I get why this is irksome, but it's a bit of an overstatement, since you're also chasing Irenicus.
You have no reason to chase Irenicus at this point. Yeah, he kidnapped you and killed some guy, but he was arrested. If you don't care about Imoen, no reason not to just move on and go elsewhere.
But it's not a sandbox game. It's a story-driven RPG.

Tenebris

Scholar
Looks like someone messed up. Got an update from GoG that added in the Forgotten Sanctum as available.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Finding Thaos isn't forced at all, it didn't require at least 3 ass-pulls (he causing the biawac, he appearing in your "memories" and the dryads telling you to go find him).

Compared to saving Imoen it's pretty natural.

Though in Bg2 you can also justify going after Irenicus because "he knows how to unlock your power" to NPCs.

Or that you want revenge for him torturing you for weeks and taking all your stuff...

PoE2 is terrible from a writing perspective, horrible narrative. Honestly it's just inexcusable they went for a direct sequel and didn't leave the god shit to PoE1. The environments, exploration, combat etc. are all serviceable and even fun at times, but I just can't take the dialogue and story of the game being this aggressively bad.

No joke. I just replayed Deadfire and I had forgotten just how bad it was. I mean the whole central conceit of the plot is just so fucking massively retarded I have no idea how it passed even one quick review. Eothas is going to destroy the wheel which the gods claim is bad because it will supposedly lead to Eora running out of souls... Only the wheel was man made in the first place so how could things have survived for the thousands of years before that?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Its been a while since I watched one of these

giphy.gif

The Real Fanboy
omg that was so cool! The art and environments are awesome, reminds me of being so scared playing Bloodborne with my friends!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom