Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Perkel

Arcane
Is there a mod to fix that retarded turn system to remove turns and just use only rounds ?

Perkel

Arcane
Is there a mod to fix that retarded turn system to remove turns and just use only rounds ?
Yeah. It's called RTWP. :M

POE2 turn based system is based on Turns and Rounds. Whatever you fucking do you can't go down in wait line lower than current turn. Which means that two handed weapon is as fast as dual daggers...

If you remove turns then only rounds remain and with how POE2 deals with delays etc you get proper conversion where slow weapons are slow and fast weapons allow you for extra actions. Same with slow spells vs fast spells.

Addition of turns to round system in system that already is perfectly balanced around rounds is completely retarded.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Bought this on gog with a code to get 66% off on the obsidian edition. I hope it was worth. At least made me go back to the first one and start again the dlcs, I hope that this time I finish it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
As we have discussed numerous times, the worst hit was PoE being less than stellar, and then PoE2 not being able to compensate enough to get word of mouth going. But yeah, it has less to do with 2's quality (although that still counts) and more to do with 1's base game. If he really wants to get the nitty-gritty, he should read our threads about the subject.
Looking at him, I get the feeling he would rather die a lonely miserable misunderstood game designer, shielding himself behind statements like "that's something 3% of the playerbase cares about", rather than engage in a serious discussion with the codex.

Market RNG hates him.

If he's humiliated enough by PF:WotR, all that pride can still be turned back to the good.

Let us make it so.

Desiderius

Patron
Bought this on gog with a code to get 66% off on the obsidian edition. I hope it was worth. At least made me go back to the first one and start again the dlcs, I hope that this time I finish it.

We've all been there, man. Somehow few quite make it through.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So there is the tie to PoE1 but more importantly in my mind is the lack of a compelling narrative hook that you can create an effective advertising campaign around. This is directly connected to it being a direct sequel to PoE1 but it is a partly separate issue from reputational contamination.
D:OS2 didn't really have an all that compelling narrative hook, yet we know how that went. The damage was already done by base game PoE, we have at least some evidence for that - the abysmal number of WM owners.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So there is the tie to PoE1 but more importantly in my mind is the lack of a compelling narrative hook that you can create an effective advertising campaign around. This is directly connected to it being a direct sequel to PoE1 but it is a partly separate issue from reputational contamination.
D:OS2 didn't really have an all that compelling narrative hook, yet we know how that went. The damage was already done by base game PoE, we have at least some evidence for that - the abysmal number of WM owners.

I suppose, but PoE was sold on the promise of a engaging story while DoS was sold on its mechanics and co-op, the story was always an afterthought.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't you think we already have quite a lot "real Baldur's Gate 3" out here?

Yeah I said that in the BG3 thread. If your goal is "more games like this" you have a bunch of options now. People just obsess over the words on the title screen.
People obsess over the infidelity of a githyanki companion in a game that isn't even out yet, so that hardly surprises me

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

I suppose, but PoE was sold on the promise of a engaging story while DoS was sold on its mechanics and co-op, the story was always an afterthought.
Gripping dialogues :smug:
kJI9vYL.png

Sacibengala

Prophet
Don't you think we already have quite a lot "real Baldur's Gate 3" out here?

Yeah I said that in the BG3 thread. If your goal is "more games like this" you have a bunch of options now. People just obsess over the words on the title screen.
People obsess over the infidelity of a githyanki companion in a game that isn't even out yet, so that hardly surprises me
what impresses me more is that people are pissed off with the polyamorous relationship behavior of a race that made alliance with the most chaotic and vicious kind of dragons in all the realms. Sure, this one specific female specimen should be faithful only to you, and not anyone else, because yes, why not? Makes total sense...not.

Keye_

Educated
Hey guys, I finished up POE1 last week and am going to start POE2.
I'll be playing it turn based, as a single class wizard pc. (or Paladin/chanter, unsure)

My question is:
What companions should I bring along for the best story experience? Which companions are well written?
I'll definitely bring Eder since I also had him in POE1.
Who else is worth a slot in the party?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Probably Xoti (priest) and Serafen (cipher), since they both have a strong personal involvement in the plot. While other companions' quest usually is something like "go there and do that", with Xoti and Serafen at least you have a few steps to go through. Xoti is also interesting to have around since she is a priest of Eothas and that's a big deal for the main quest; she also has some banter with Eder, if I remember rightly.

Also, bonus points if your main character is female and you want some degenerate lesbian sex.

Desiderius

Patron
Probably Xoti (priest) and Serafen (cipher), since they both have a strong personal involvement in the plot. While other companions' quest usually is something like "go there and do that", with Xoti and Serafen at least you have a few steps to go through. Xoti is also interesting to have around since she is a priest of Eothas and that's a big deal for the main quest; she also has some banter with Eder, if I remember rightly.

Also, bonus points if your main character is female and you want some degenerate lesbian sex.

She has several Priest/Monk specific abilities though they're sort of clunky to make much use of.

Keye_

Educated
If you want some more character, go with the sidekicks.
I didn't know about the split between sidekicks and companions, I'll check them out.

Thanks, I'll definitely take them along then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom