Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AN4RCHID

Arcane
First score under 9.0?

http://www.gamereactor.es/analisis/223354/Pillars+of+Eternity/ - 8/10

Un Juego sólido que te permite jugar a tu manera, presentando innumerables alternativas a las diferentes situaciones. Es bonito, es largo, es completo y la historia y el mundo que Obsidian ha creado te seducen.
-
Tiene todavía algún fallito, sobre todo en los cuadros de diálogo. Por lo demás, en su línea, es muy conservador y arriesga poco. Homenajea demasiado a los títulos de Bioware y Black Isle de hace quince años y a veces pierde su propia personalidad.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
HXpIYMh.jpg

GrainWetski

Arcane
inb4 GameSpot and IGN scores sink it below 9.x Metacritic score

They're going to praise a popular game. I sincerely hope this won't surprise you. Successful Kickstarters are the easiest targets to gain some popularity with.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/15/divinity-original-sin-review
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/24/wasteland-2-review

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/wasteland-2-review/1900-6415881/
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/divinity-original-sin-review/1900-6415819/

Shadenuat

Arcane
Should have kept MCA characters, I knew it.

None of the MCA charachters sounded comedy.
It's about expression, Sawyer stated he didn't lilke BG characters because they were "too expressive". So I get it PoE characters may not stand out from standard fantasy too far and probably aren't very expressive.
I can live with that but say what you want, MCA characters were always memorable even if some of them were a bit crazy.

Duraframe300

Arcane

It's about expression, Sawyer stated he didn't lilke BG characters because they were "too expressive". So I get it PoE characters may not stand out from standard fantasy too far and probably aren't very expressive.
I can live with that but say what you want, MCA characters were always memorable even if some of them were a bit crazy.

F:NV's cast was memorable to me too outside of Cas.

Also complain to Fenstermaker, not to Josh

norolim

Arcane
My KS box will only have the manual, so I cracked this one open to enjoy the guide and check Polish take on the naming.

Same here. I'm just naively hoping Paradox didn't bother making separate boxes for KS and will ship standard EN Adventurer Edition. :P

Athelas

Arcane
Implying BG's characters aren't standard fantasy fare. :M

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
According to the PoE wiki, at least two of the companions Durance and Grieving Mother are written by MCA and both seems like it from what little I've seen.

F:NV's cast was memorable to me too outside of Cas.

Also complain to Fenstermaker, not to Josh
Remember how Veronica wanted dat dress before it became an Internet mem?
Good times.

Athelas

Arcane

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Gotta love the people ITT who think the game will be good just because the press loves it. Have you not been paying attention at all during the last decade?

I too am hyped:hype:

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought Pillars of Eternity was suppose be really bad though??? Codex gonna Codex.
I usually post links to RPS, PCGamer and Kotaku when someone claims Skyrim isn't the best RPG ever.
This. I'm as hype as the next guy about PoE releasing, but the only reason the Codex should be happy about the good review scores from all these popamole sites is that it likely means more sales for Obsidian. Doesn't even remotely show whether it's actually a good game or not.

Reading this thread it's like people forgot that these are all the same sites that liked FO3 over New Vegas, and think each new Dragon Age game is the greatest thing ever made.

Tjaron

Educated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom