Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's about expression, Sawyer stated he didn't lilke BG characters because they were "too expressive". So I get it PoE characters may not stand out from standard fantasy too far and probably aren't very expressive.
Implying BG's characters aren't standard fantasy fare. :M
They are but they are also still memorable.
Not necessarily for the right reasons. :M
First of all stop triggering me and my childhood trauma when Aerie left me because I picked wrong line and was too caring for her, you fucking shitlord
Second, I agree that BG1 was 95% cool voice acting, but BG2 had some cool characters I would love to have in my party again even without stars playing them.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Stompa

Arcane

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm just naively hoping Paradox didn't bother making separate boxes for KS and will ship standard EN Adventurer Edition. :P
Adventurer Edition is PL only - and just the initial printing. As it was with Wasteland 2 Ranger Edition. This is the Cenega way.

KS box will be directly from Paradox, and it will only have a DVD box, printed manual and the DVD - do not expect miracles.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Decided to "work" from home today. Ordered some food. Put some music on. Gonna actually try and get some shit done in next 2 hours(lol rite). Every single one of my orifices is lubed up and ready for that sweet sweet Obsidian lovin'
Obligatory
:hype:

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
According to the PoE wiki, at least two of the companions Durance and Grieving Mother are written by MCA and both seems like it from what little I've seen.

Almost all his writing was cut afaik.

What?! Fuck Sawyer!

:fight:

Fenstermaker made the decision if anyone. Just as he is the lead on the games writing in general. Not Sawyer.

Oh, still a shame as I love MCA's writing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Fenstermaker made the decision if anyone. Just as he is the lead on the games writing in general. Not Sawyer.

And MCA agreed.
He was probably tied to a chair and Sawyer shouted all his words on him like AD NUA or DYRWUD until MCA just fainted and gave up to the Dry Side

Luka-boy

Arcane
Que solo intervengan los rasgos personales del protagonista en las conversaciones
A veces los héroes se arman un lío y se bloquean el paso mutuamente
El Baluarte. Está muy bien pero podría habérsele sacado más provecho
translates into
Which are only involved the personal traits of the protagonist in talks

Sometimes heroes are armed and trouble block each step

The Baluarte. It is fine but could having been taken more advantage
I assume Baluarte is Stronghold. This isn't the first review to mention the stronghold as a negative.
I'm guessing that's listing the cons? Anyway that translation is pretty bad, the correct one would be:

- Only the main character's traits are taken into account in conversations.
- Sometimes the heroes get confused and mutually block their paths.
- The Stronghold. It's very good but it could have been used better.

lurker3000

Arcane
I'm to lazy to check but what did they decide with the collectors edition? I see some people have their box (not the CE) already but mine is just "Shipping soon". Are they waiting to ship disks with them?

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
I'm to lazy to check but what did they decide with the collectors edition? I see some people have their box (not the CE) already but mine is just "Shipping soon". Are they waiting to ship disks with them?
I was just asking about this on their forums. Apparently the shipping status is wrong and everything has already been shipped and should be arriving today.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Hmm i may have to set aside my hate & disgust of rtwp and try it. Maybe play on easy to minimize the rtwp micromanagement hell.

Mortmal

Arcane
"Might • A character’s physical and spiritual strength. Affects Damage with all attacks, Healing, and the Fortitude defense"
Does that mean a wizard type character should invest in might too ? Really cant make anything with the manual. Intelligence dont seems a stats anyone need either.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

And MCA agreed.
He was probably tied to a chair and Sawyer shouted all his words on him like AD NUA or DYRWUD until MCA just fainted and gave up to the Dry Side

MAYBE! Conspiracy time! MCA had A LOT of ideas to put into the game, but they didn't want to have it go to shit - too many cooks, so... they agreed to let others write it, while MCA would sit and think of an... EXPANSION? Maybe TWO? Or even a NEW GAME? MCA, Lead Writer. :smug:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I was just asking about this on their forums. Apparently the shipping status is wrong and everything has already been shipped and should be arriving today.

Bah, I didn't get mine yet.

:decline:

Shadenuat

Arcane
"Might • A character’s physical and spiritual strength. Affects Damage with all attacks, Healing, and the Fortitude defense"
Does that mean a wizard type character should invest in might too ? Really cant make anything with the manual. Intelligence dont seems a stats anyone need either.
Were living under a rock were you? You want more damage you + Might, even if you are a wizard or dual wield two flintlock pistols.

norolim

Arcane
Adventurer Edition is PL only - and just the initial printing. As it was with Wasteland 2 Ranger Edition. This is the Cenega way.

KS box will be directly from Paradox, and it will only have a DVD box, printed manual and the DVD - do not expect miracles.
Yeah, I know :( This is why I bought the PL boxed edition in the first place; even when I knew I would be getting a boxed version from KS. I guess I'm keeping it foiled just in case. So that I'm not pissed, if a "miracle" does actually happen.

Blackguard

Learned

Bah, I didn't get mine yet.

:decline:

I doubt us Euros will get the goods before easter. Happy to be wrong of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom