Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm stunned. What is the announcement?
IpDAgCi.gif

Sentinel

Arcane
:( Fuck me. Remembered how bad is the combat music in the Deadfire. I hope they are just first designs or something else. The first game had very decent combat music.

the PoE2 sample is better in every way, although it's still nothing to write home about. But it drags on for way too long for no reason. The 1:18 bit should come online about 40 seconds earlier. Why the fuck is Justin Bell repeating these dull fucking verses like a moron? Does he want to bore people?

damn laura bailey is FAT

She is pregnant.
hot as fuck

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Mark my words when 8 may come there will be no other city except nekataka.

Dude, they always said there was only one city in the game, which is Neketaka.

There will certainly be other settlements -- villages, keeps, strongholds, what have you. We already know about two as a matter of fact -- Tikawara which is in the beta, and the Principi sen Patrona stronghold they spoiled in one of the preview articles. Others came up in the crowdfunding but of course THERE'S NO PROOF that any of that is in the game.
Which doesnot make any sense because 1 game with fewer dollars put into it have 2 cities....

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
2 unfinished and meh cities*. We've been over this, the financial situation and budget stretching of PoE1 are well known by this point. We'll see what they've done when they don't have an obligation to adhere to any promises or even expectations. I have no doubt PoE2 is going to be bigger, less thinly spread and Neketaka is going to be more like Athkatla in terms of size and maybe amount of content, whether it will be better in any aspect remains to be seen.

Prime Junta

Which doesnot make any sense because 1 game with fewer dollars put into it have 2 cities....

Fun facts for you to ponder:

Beijing has 21.7 million inhabitants.
London has 8.8 million.
Paris plus suburbs have around 10 million.

It's almost like you can fit an entire Paris and London into Beijing. Amazing, isn't it?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Theres no evidence that Josh Sawyer exists, even. Has anyone seen his birth certificate?
Looking at Jefferson County's website now, I actually could order an informational copy of his birth certificate, but doing that kind of thing once was enough for me.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, what do you know. There's more Obsidian stuff on the Versus Evil stream today.

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Fun facts for you to ponder:

Beijing has 21.7 million inhabitants.
London has 8.8 million.
Paris plus suburbs have around 10 million.

It's almost like you can fit an entire Paris and London into Beijing. Amazing, isn't it?

I hope you are right about that metaphor being aplicable to deadfire

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

There will certainly be other settlements -- villages, keeps, strongholds, what have you. We already know about two as a matter of fact -- Tikawara which is in the beta, and the Principi sen Patrona stronghold they spoiled in one of the preview articles. Others came up in the crowdfunding but of course THERE'S NO PROOF that any of that is in the game.

No suprise people dont want to argue with you when you twist their words like that lol. Ofc tikawara exist lol i never said it does not exist. Im saying they are not showing anything else because MAJORITY of it went into capital city and his quests.
Again retarded is not an argument...

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane

No suprise people dont want to argue with you when you twist their words like that lol. Ofc tikawara exist lol i never said it does not exist. Im saying they are not showing anything else because MAJORITY of it went into capital city and his quests.
Again retarded is not an argument...
Pretty sure tikawara does not exist. It's a fantasy bro.

Fairfax

Arcane
My guess would be that Sawyer persuaded Fergus to pump more money into the game (they've presumably got some extra funds since they made 20 million or so off POE1)using the MCA philosophy that it's better for the company's image to go over budget and make a great game than to deliver a buggy unfinished game on-budget.
MCA's philosophy isn't to go over budget, no sane director wants that as a rule. He's strongly in favour of taking time to make sure the game's polished enough, which usually means things have to be cut or scaled down. Sawyer's approach is similar, the difference between the two is what they choose to cut and how much.

as I recall reading he got the first game delayed and would have been fired if it didn't sell well.
He was going to be fired if the game didn't come out in March.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I checked up on this thread to see if there was any proper news on the game and so far the last many pages are basically something akin to borderline trolling and gibberish. A taste of things to come I suppose. There isn't any more info on what the final game play and game is actually looking like and it's releasing in less than a month (supposedly). Stuff is definitely getting cut. PoE2 is turning out to be quite the mess. Maybe it will be playable a couple years from now with all the patches and cut-content (read: expansions) in a proper edition, assuming it even gets these things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom