Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Better pre-release hysteria than post-release hysteria, I suppose.
aiee.gif

Aw, that wasn't a clue: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95782-worldofeternity-funny-business-speculation/?p=1993907

Lios

Cipher
FreeKaner you're slowly turning into a Darkest Dungeon narrator in this thread
"This man understands that existence and adversity are one and the same."
*low bass Barry White voice*

Lacrymas Oi mate!

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't been following all news but in one of the past streams Sawyer said they were aiming to have a higher rate of voiced lines than PoE1, did they say anything about that afterwards?

Jezal_k23

I thought Homeland S1 was fine, but a huge disappointment toward the end when they didn't have the balls to blow shit up (people who have seen it know what I'm talking about).

Jezal_k23

Haven't been following all news but in one of the past streams Sawyer said they were aiming to have a higher rate of voiced lines than PoE1, did they say anything about that afterwards?

The pressure to commit to full VO is on in the mainstream audience due to Larian with DOS2, but they haven't said anything about that other than "Deadfire will have more VO than PoE"

2house2fly

Magister
I quite like the blend in the Yakuza series, the games I've played at least, where the main story missions have full voice acting and animated cutscenes, and the side missions are largely text only. I wouldn't mind if they did it that way. On the assumption that voice acting necessitates brevity in dialogue, this could also keep the main quest more engaging, and save long exposition filled dialogue for optional side quests

Otterz

Literate
A bit of VO is fine imo: helps establishing the tone for characters and whatnot. But put too many voiced lines and gods is it distracting. It's a narrative-based RPG, I want to fucking read. Also, what's with all this hype over the VAs? Ye, I get it: they're a famous bunch with lotsa fans. And yet, all this "whoos" and "swoons"? Nopes, nossiree: do not understand. (What I do understand, however, is that it's a pretty slick marketing move from OBS's part, towing in a lots of people from the CR fanbase. Well played, Obsidian. Well played.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom