Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DeepOcean

Arcane
No, it hasn’t really changed how we design encounters
giphy.gif

frajaq

Erudite
I actually forgot who the fuck Rekke was

pmG3Egc.png

Irish Asian-ish guy

seems he's "stormfolk" which is not an option for players?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So on the positive side, Tekehu turns into a fucking were shark... on the negative side, he talks like noone ever would actually talk.

God, I hope these are just particularly lame samples.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So on the positive side, Tekehu turns into a fucking were shark... on the negative side, he talks like noone ever would actually talk.

God, I hope these are just particularly lame samples.

I’ve actually known a few...ehm....theater majors...yeah...theater majors...ehm....who talk like that

Theater majors don't count as people. :P

Source: I've known a lot of theater majors

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Because Video game writers are generally the rejects of the entertainment industry. Failed Artists/Writers/Actors. That is why their skills are horrid and are generally quite fat, because they really let themselves go due to depression.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've noticed that this industry is full of people who aren't really gamers, and that's especially true with people with any sort of creative influence over a game, like writers. Whenever they talk about their favourite games, it's always an easy answer which reveals that they aren't all that into games.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected

So this guy is apparently a writer at Obs(previously QA tester) and prolly wrote Serafen.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-scokel-a50b2520

---

And...

:dead:

Really going all in on this amazing collaboration with some youtube nerds, hey.
I don't know which option is the worse :
a) the shit they've showcased is a bunch of references to their youtube show, in which case any sane person will be delivered an unknown amount of dank ass jokes that he could never understand
b) the shit they've showcased isn't a bunch of references to their youtube show, in which case I think they took a bit too much inspiration from dos2

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Writing is probably going to be horrible throughout this game. No fenstermaker, no avellone, no zeits... not to mention writers that obsidian lost in the past like Gonzalez.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Writing is definitely going to be shit-tier, but that was expected even during the Fig campaign, so whatever. Seeing as they are going all theatrical with Tekehu, I would've made him a Shakespearean monologuist. Not that they would've made it bearable with those long monologues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom