Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

at the end of that interview josh says it is coming to consoles has he said that before?

Yep, he mentioned it a couple months ago. It seems to have come as a bit of a surprise to him then though. The port is handled by an external company, don't remember which one.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
at the end of that interview josh says it is coming to consoles has he said that before?

:argh:
giphy.gif

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yep, he mentioned it a couple months ago. It seems to have come as a bit of a surprise to him then though. The port is handled by an external company, don't remember which one.

I'm not buying it.. All the changes he made to the combat and the UI, the reduction in party size etc reeked of console inclusiveness..

:imperialscum:

Prime Junta

I'm not buying it.. All the changes he made to the combat and the UI, the reduction in party size etc reeked of console inclusiveness..

I disagree. He's described his thinking regarding those changes in considerable depth and detail, and the though process makes perfect sense without consoles ever entering into it.

I don't like the result of said thought process, but I can respect his thinking anyway.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
All the changes, with the exception of reduced party size, make it even more awkward to play with a controller. You might find a loooooooooot of faults with the system in the beta, but consolisation isn't one of them.

2house2fly

Magister

When someone asked him about it on tumblr I got a distinct "it's not my fault" vibe from the tone of his replies

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You guys are so easily tricked. There is nothing inherently wrong with VO. Just like there is nothing inherently wrong with the text. The problem with VO is the same problem with text. When they are badly done they suck.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

When someone asked him about it on tumblr I got a distinct "it's not my fault" vibe from the tone of his replies

Feargus = Greed

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Voice acting is fine and dandy, not having full VA is also fine and dandy. The issue is with the words they are reading out not the underpaid but generally talented Los Angeles waiters voice actors reading them.

Codex is clearly running out of salt and pitchforks at this point.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bundling an inXile RPG with an Obsidian RPG is odd enough, but why Wasteland 2 and not the slightly-more relevant Tides of Numenera? :M

Obvious first thing to come to mind: No one wants ToN. :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bundling an inXile RPG with an Obsidian RPG is odd enough, but why Wasteland 2 and not the slightly-more relevant Tides of Numenera? :M

Obvious first thing to come to mind: No one wants ToN. :lol:

You are probably correct. I browse a Swedish ebay site daily for PC games, and there is one guy that have been trying to sell his ToN kickstarter package for several months now. It started at 100 dollars, I think it's down to 25 dollars now. Kinda sad to see :cool:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Buy it and bury it in 10 cubic meters of reinforced concrete. When aliens arrive, that's a product of human culture that we really need to keep out of sight.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Buy it and bury it in 10 cubic meters of reinforced concrete. When aliens arrive, that's a product of human culture that we really need to keep out of sight.
Wouldn't they assume it was considered a treasure due to all the protection and assume it was a rare artifact of human culture?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom