Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #70: Screenshots, Stats and Stuff

Duraframe300

Arcane
Pallegina

paladin + vagina ... Sawyer's avatar for defending feminist ideology?

Well, in english. Considering Valian is meant to be italian it doesn't really sound similiar at all.

Ofc it might have still been intentional.
In Italian is worse, it's sounds like Balls(Palle)+Vagina(in Italian is the same) practicallt a Tranny.

Might just be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
Closer to the truth than you imagine seeing how there's one piece that's copy pasted all over...
Of course in same instances the two halves would have never met because they're rotated at stupid angles or too far apart from each other.

Copy/Paste + Rotate XTRAVAGANZA!!
How dare they efficiently (re)use assets to create a gorgeous looking game with a tiny budget!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How dare I say anything when fanboys roam the land!
Well, maybe you can tell me what the angles and the distances have to do with the budget.

Athelas

Arcane
I was replying to your 'LOLOL copy paste' comment, especially since they will still do a 2d touchup where they'll likely differentiate the many pillars.
Most of those pillars are angled correctly, a few aren't. Big whoop.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No, it's not a big whoop. It's an observation. If you don't like the way I express it well... too bad, I guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FeelTheRads Josh says hi :smug: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64964-update-70-new-year-project-update/?p=1409030

Josh Sawyer said:
With regards to the attribute system, I've posted previously that players must play to the strengths of their builds. Character's won't automagically be great at everything. If you build a wizard with a low-Int, you're de-emphasizing AoE size and durations, which is fine. A lot of wizard spells have AoEs and durations, but a good number are also single-target/instantaneous. The power of the wizard is not in brute force, but overall flexibility. You can choose to stick to a subset of the wizard's spells, but you aren't taking full advantage of their greatest class strength (lots and lots of spells). Again, totally fine and should be viable.

I haven't seen the post but someone said that there was discussion about the arches in the screenshot. I'm not sure if you can see the details of the arches, but the stones are actually held together with adra. Adra is a grown, shell-like substance that the Engwithans used both as structural elements and for binding purposes in their architecture. Often they would build things like traditional stone arches and grow adra in-between, using it like slow-growing mortar. As their buildings fall apart, it results in impossible-looking/gravity-defying ruins.

Johannes

Arcane
What is that ruin supposed to be the ruin of, anyway

And there's no rubble anywhere to be seen, you could say that the fallen roof parts and whatever were carried off and reused, alas everything else is totally intact, nothing missing from the stairs or the wall. But I guess they too are held in place by magick glue so they're unbreakable. Unless they randomly fall apart like the arches did.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I don't want to hear any Eurodorks complaining about how words translate, or how they sound in their own native tongues. English speakers have had to put up with horribly cheesy things like "Witchers" for entirely too long. Suck it up.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I haven't seen the post but someone said that there was discussion about the arches in the screenshot. I'm not sure if you can see the details of the arches, but the stones are actually held together with adra. Adra is a grown, shell-like substance that the Engwithans used both as structural elements and for binding purposes in their architecture. Often they would build things like traditional stone arches and grow adra in-between, using it like slow-growing mortar. As their buildings fall apart, it results in impossible-looking/gravity-defying ruins.

:what:

This has got to be a joke made right now on the spot.

Monty

Arcane
FeelTheRads Josh says hi :smug: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64964-update-70-new-year-project-update/?p=1409030

Josh Sawyer said:
I'm not sure if you can see the details of the arches, but the stones are actually held together with adra. Adra is a grown, shell-like substance that the Engwithans used both as structural elements and for binding purposes in their architecture.
That's it, if only I had looked more closely at the arches I would have realised they were held together with adra. That'll teach me to jump to conclusions.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
That explanation :lol:

he could have simply said 'cause videogames' and I would have neen fine with it

Athelas

Arcane
You can see the adra in the screenshots (it's the blue stuff at the end of the arches).

Monty

Arcane

:what:

This has got to be a joke made right now on the spot.

If only, unfortunately it's rather more sinister than that:

Low Level Obsidian Drone: Er... Mr Urquhart... Sir?

F Urquhart: Gimme a sec willya? I'm on a critical move in my coop Alpha Centauri game........ TAKE THAT GAIDER YOU SLIME, THE HUNTER-SEEKER ALGORITHM IS ALL MINE!!!!

LLOD: Very good sir.

FU: Right, that'll keep his chins wobbling for a bit. What can I do for you anyway?

LLOD: Sorry to escalate this to your level sir, but we have a major crisis on our hands. It appears the neckbeards on the Codex have spotted a few glaring errors in our artwork, keystones missing from arches that haven't collapsed, that sort of thing.

FU: Fucking typical. Those autists plaster their basements with pictures of Princess Leia strangling Jabba the fucking Hutt and then complain that our arch design is unrealistic??? Goddam, I hate sucking up to them during kickstarters. Makes me feel.... dirty.

LLOD: I know how you feel sir.

FU: Don't get smart with me kid. Anyway - damage control. Which artist ballsed this up? Whose bonus should I chop?

LLOD: That's the problem, she's actually one of those interns. We tend to hire them for their casting couch performance rather than stonemasonry expertise, so there's nothing to chop really.

FU: Fine, then ask Fargo to lend us that Beekers gimp, he knows how to speak to those degenerates in their own language. Get him to describe it as 'incline' or whatever the fuck they call it.

LLOD: Tried that, unfortunately he's got his hands full with Wasteland 2 at the moment. Apparently convincing people that those tunnels are 'open world' is a 24-7 job.

FU: OK, then I suppose we'll have to resort to Sawyer. Get him to make up some fantasy-sounding shit and those geeks will lap it up.

JS: Enter, underling. And make yourself at ease.

LLOD: Er, thanks. I've got something urgent, actually....

JS: This better not be the cafeteria sandwich menu again! I told Feargus that it's as fair as it's going to get - even the cucumber and blueberry is completely viable.

LLOD: No, that's already... perfect as it is. Actually, we have a problem with some artwork. Arches not collapsing when they're missing keystones, that sort of thing. Could you cover us with some fantasy crap?

JS: Sure, I'm on it. Genius never sleeps. How about some arcane magic which..... no, too boring. Gravity is reduced because of..... fuck, no. I hate gravity actually, totally overrated as a mechanic. Wait, I've got it! We'll have magic growing cement which is super strong and keeps bits of old ruins up in the air! It will be really tough and last for centuries! Apart from where it holds keystones in place in arches, that is.

LLOD: That's superb Mr Sawyer! That'll explain everything.

JS: Great, tell Feargus I've saved the day again, I'll start spreading to word to my followers - just as soon as I've logged out of my Roguey account.

imweasel

FU: Fine, then ask Fargo to lend us that Beekers gimp, he knows how to speak to those degenerates in their own language. Get him to describe it as 'incline' or whatever the fuck they call it.
:lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tried that, unfortunately he's got his hands full with Wasteland 2 at the moment. Apparently convincing people that those tunnels are 'open world' is a 24-7 job.
A brofist well-earned. You get the newfag of the year 2012 award.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom