Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Fairfax

Arcane
I barely recognized them under Eder.

The Adra Dragon design is cool but too nerdy and the Woedica one is a mess, at least from a distance.
Yes, couldn't see shit in the Woedica one.

Where are the durance glasses?
As far as promotional material goes, Durance and the Grieving Mother don't exist. They don't have concept art and they're not in any of the wallpapers, official artwork or even screenshots.
They comissioned a cool piece by Michael Komarck (one of the best fantasy artists out there) and chose to depict the same companions again. The expansion got one with Hiravias, at least, but that was it.
To be fair, Kana is not in any wallpaper either, but he does have concept art included in the special editions.

It must really bother them that Grieving Mother and Durance are, respectively, the two fan favourites after Edér, according to their own poll. Pallegina and Sagani were the least voted, by the way.

Zeronet

Learned
Two hours after release, it's #2 on the top sellers list, under MGS V. Let's see how long an expansion pack can stay in the Top 10.

I'm suprised (pleasantly) they got #2, not suprised they couldn't knock Big Boss off his perch though. One of the biggest releases of the year that game.

Dorateen

Arcane
I wonder what urgency advocates will think now. Content inserted mid-adventure, opening new paths for our party to go off gallivanting. We haven't even started for Defiance Bay, and I'm sure that I'll want to answer the call to reignite the White Forge.

This expansion puts a spotlight on how nonintrusive the Pillars "story" really is. From everything I've experienced so far, the overall game is largely combat-centric and exploration based.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's second place on Steam, right behind arguably the most hyped AAA game of the year.

Mid-week release, with nothing remotely interesting being out at the moment.

Thank god I am not eligible for this expansion. After playing Dungeon Siege III, Obsidian will never get more money out of me.

Fairfax

Arcane
Funny.

I get the impression the expansion companions will be p. popular too, pushing sagani and pallavagina further.
From my experience so far, I think people will definitely like the monk more than Kana, Pallegina and Sagani. Not sure about the Devil yet.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't the level scaling just for the endgame?

It's supposed to be for the White March content (not sure if that includes Cragholdt Bluffs, but probably not, since that's supposed to be strictly for level 12+ characters). The first time I read that the endgame also has optional level scaling was from some recent Josh forum post.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Anyone already playing this can tell me if the areas in the expansion have some new/unique loading screens? Maybe with some new art?

I'm asking because I want to make a new custom UI based on the expansion art, like I did with the base game, like this.

http://abload.de/img/pillarsofeternity2015bxutt.png

If yes, some screenshots of it would be nice, since atm I cant get the expansion

Delbaeth

Learned
(it's cuz I want to be able to compare experiences with the other people who finished the game already)

I was planning to do the same, so I kept old installers before the addon's release.
Too bad very few games (almost none?) keep a legacy mode available. Especially, in digital form. No NWN 1 or 2, idem for Spellforce games, and so on. Well there are still physical copies available. But...

Fairfax

Arcane
I think GOG users might be able to stick to old patches with ease, since it doesn't update the game automatically unless you activate that option on GOG Galaxy.

Delbaeth

Learned
Yes, it seems so, and that's why I am interested in the rollback thing, while I don't use Galaxy, I would like to know which patches and versions they will keep, and how long they will. How the turnover will be.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Ok, do I have to turn on party AI? My characters still seem to do fuck all.
And how do I respec? Something happened to how my chars worked and a bunch of "drunk orlans" wiped my party in seconds. WTF.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom