Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Soulbound weapons are also an interesting addition to your arsenal. These weapons are “bound” to a single character, and are then unusable by all others in your party. The upgrade path then relies on performing specific feats....
:bounce:

...for instance, requiring you do 200 damage to beetles for the weapon damage to increase.
:retarded:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Systemic incentives rewarding good gameplay!

That's not actually a lot of damage, though. If there's any area with beetles in the expansion you can get that easily. Reviewers gonna review

Athelas

Arcane
It must be yet another covert strategy to get you to overlook the fact that the enemies you're killing aren't giving you any XP.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It must be yet another covert strategy to get you to overlook the fact that the enemies you're killing aren't giving you any XP.

I feel like we're just this one tiny step away from simply getting kill xp in PoE, no strings attached. Maybe in the second part.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Functionally it's like the bestiary XP. You progress and get something, but eventually it runs out (faster than the monsters themselves run out)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Two hours after release, it's #2 on the top sellers list, under MGS V. Let's see how long an expansion pack can stay in the Top 10.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So how does it work? Do you continue with the same party, going to investigate some new disturbance in the force, or start from scratch?

Ninjerk

Arcane
So wait, do you get a dmg increase against everything for killing an absurd amount of beetles or just dmg increase against beetles?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Ninjerk was trying to be sarcastic there. We'll soon know what the soulbound weapons are like. Sawyer has publicly acknowledged the accusation that PoE's items are boring, so there's reason to believe they'll be at least a bit more interesting.

Fairfax

Arcane
Ninjerk was trying to be sarcastic there. We'll soon know what the soulbound weapons are like. Sawyer has publicly acknowledged the accusation that PoE's items are boring, so there's reason to believe they'll be at least a bit more interesting.
Then I hope they'll buff some of the non-boring ones the game already had instead of nerfing like they did with the retaliation gear.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Man, paladins got even more OP in this one - even in simple 2.0 patch (I'm just loading the white march itself atm) they have a new (old? it was already in wiki, but somehow wasn't available in the original game) that gives a party +10 accuracy against anything they're attacking. So, coupled with the + attack aura, that gives +16 accuracy in total to your whole crew - that's a ridiculous amount.

Athelas

Arcane
It's second place on Steam, right behind arguably the most hyped AAA game of the year. :slamdunk:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know what would give you the idea that I was being sarcastic. Maybe you're under the impression I have more than very little faith in Obsidian design decisions at this point. In any case, I hope this turns out more interesting than the base game.

Delbaeth

Learned
Soulbound weapons are also an interesting addition to your arsenal. These weapons are “bound” to a single character, and are then unusable by all others in your party. The upgrade path then relies on performing specific feats instead of generic enchantments—for instance, requiring you do 200 damage to beetles for the weapon damage to increase.

It reminds me Artefacts from Dark Age of Camelot.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
I don't know what would give you the idea that I was being sarcastic. Maybe you're under the impression I have more than very little faith in Obsidian design decisions at this point. In any case, I hope this turns out more interesting than the base game.

OK, getting pedantic here. "Sarcasm" doesn't necessarily mean the person didn't mean what he wrote - that's actually a combination of sarcasm and irony.

I see it in 3rd place, behind Evoland II.

Top Sellers, not Popular New Releases

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom