Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Come on Roguey, the fact that you haven't played this is as just as "Whaaaaaaaaaa".

Athelas

Arcane
Fittingly enough, PTSD can be interpreted as referring to 'PoE traumatic stress disorder'.

Ulrox

Arbiter
If someone is aware that I prefer to play games when they're more-or-less fully patched, it's not so strange.

Or, you're just using this as an excuse to not play pillars at all, because doing so would be too painful on your pride - showing how wrong you were in reguards to Josh Sawyer for instance. At this point it's at 2.0 - you can start playing now, you dont need to wait longer, if you wait any longer, divinity original sin 2 will have launched and then the whole pillars franchise will be in a grave somewhere because nobody will care at all, unless obsidian magically figures out how to make an IE game, which I doubt.

Rake

Arcane
Oh, all right.

We all knew this wouldn't be a MotB, but how disappointing it is to see that my Honest Hearts prediction was right on the money. :M

Haha that's Josh all right. He hates unrealistic ott characters. Joshua Graham part 2.
Yeah. For all those who was " Obsidian's games are better when they are expansions. There is a good chance for a new MotB. Don't lose hope"
MotB my ass. As if Sawyer is cappable of producing something as good.
Having said that, i WAS hoping for the expansion to have better story/characters than the main game, but it seems i was overly optimistic. Sawyer ganna Sawyer.
My last hope before i dismiss Obsidian altogether is for Saywer to become part of their MMO/AAA teams, and to be completely uninvolved in their new kickstarter. Not even as a minor part of the team.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Don't know if it's from 2.0 or before, but the combat feels much better in the second half of the base game.

Upgraded one of these soulbound weapons before going back to the base game content though, holy hell was I not surprised to see the second bonus I got from it... (supposedly, this kind of shit takes time to unlock).

12750870bs.jpg

So long for the "they took into account the criticism regarding itemization".
That shit, on a normal situation of Acc ~ Defense, means you have 2.5% chance to proc something that, itself, has 50% chance (again, with Acc ~ Defense) to actually do something.
And even if you meet that situation that occurs less than 2% of your swings, for the sake of balance probably, it's like a crit from any arbalest (with less damage) on a tiny area of effect.
T'is a weapon for wizard, monk or druid. Don't know for the monk but, iirc wizards and druids have shit base Acc. (In addition to having absolutely no reason to try to man up and fight on the frontline).

Don't worry about its overpowerness though, it's only once per rest.
:balance:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Yeah. For all those who was " Obsidian's games are better when they are expansions. There is a good chance for a new MotB. Don't lose hope"
MotB my ass. As if Sawyer is cappable of producing something as good.
Having said that, i WAS hoping for the expansion to have better story/characters than the main game, but it seems i was overly optimistic. Sawyer ganna Sawyer.
My last hope before i dismiss Obsidian altogether is for Saywer to become part of their MMO/AAA teams, and to be completely uninvolved in their new kickstarter. Not even as a minor part of the team.
Show me the place where Sawyer touched you :lol:

Fairfax

Arcane
Old Watcher quest glitched after talking to Maerwald (again, just like pre 1.05), my saves are too old and this time there's no IEMod to fix it. Fucking hell, Obsidian, this is the main fucking quest, not a minor bug.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Don't know if it's from 2.0 or before, but the combat feels much better in the second half of the base game.

Upgraded one of these soulbound weapons before going back to the base game content though, holy hell was I not surprised to see the second bonus I got from it... (supposedly, this kind of shit takes time to unlock).

12750870bs.jpg

So long for the "they took into account the criticism regarding itemization".
That shit, on a normal situation of Acc ~ Defense, means you have 2.5% chance to proc something that, itself, has 50% chance (again, with Acc ~ Defense) to actually do something.
And even if you meet that situation that occurs less than 2% of your swings, for the sake of balance probably, it's like a crit from any arbalest (with less damage) on a tiny area of effect.
T'is a weapon for wizard, monk or druid. Don't know for the monk but, iirc wizards and druids have shit base Acc. (In addition to having absolutely no reason to try to man up and fight on the frontline).

Don't worry about its overpowerness though, it's only once per rest.
You know it's also going to proc when it's least useful like on your last hit after downing a huge pack.

inb4 degenerate gameplay of unequipping soulbound weapon to avoid wasting special skill on trash mobs.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is that actually degenerate? Just a more incentivized case of picking the right weapon for the job.

What weapon type is that? If it's a fast weapon, you are going to see that proc in effect pretty quick.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
It's a quarterstaff = slow weapon.
Even if it was a fast weapon Infinitron, what would be the use of that proc for a wizard or a druid.

It's even more stupid because the first unlocked ability of the weapon is useful for the three concerned classes, it's an instant shell you can cast to shield yourself up to 200 points of any damage for the price of being stuck during its activity (ie an urgency button which is good in permadeath mode). So why do we have this as a second weapon trait :negative:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
It's a quarterstaff = slow weapon.
Even if it was a fast weapon Infinitron, what would be the use of that proc for a wizard or a druid.

it's even more stupid because the first unlocked ability of the weapon is useful for the three concerned classes, it's an instant shell you can cast to shield yourself up to 200 points of any damage. So why do we have this as a second weapon trait :negative:

Ah, so it sounds like a "Staff of the Magi" type thing; not meant to actually be used in combat most of the time, but rather for its abilities.

Maybe the 5% is too low. There's plenty of ways to buff your Accuracy at these high levels though

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Not maybe, it surely is too low. Or the effect is not badass enough. It's either one of these, but as it is now, it's a proc that very rarely occurs (for it's very situational) and has little effect when it actually does.
I was expecting something that suits the concerned classes more, just like the first ability which not only is useful but although exclusive since, if i'm not mistaken, it's an ability that only a certain type of enemy, or a certain enemy, posses. Unlike the maw which is a druid spell, or an equivalent.

tdphys

Learned
Not maybe, it surely is too low. Or the effect is not badass enough. It's either one of these, but as it is now, it's a proc that very rarely occurs (for it's very situational) and has little effect when it actually does.
I was expecting something that suits the concerned classes more, just like the first ability which not only is useful but although exclusive since, if i'm not mistaken, it's an ability that only a certain type of enemy, or a certain enemy, posses. Unlike the maw which is a druid spell, or an equivalent.

I think any per rest/encounter ability on random procing weapons stuff is totally ridiculous. The whole point of per/rest/encounter is to be able to strategize use of resources.... which is totally pointless when it's a random proc.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Fuck, i dont even know why i bought it. I woke up to see it was released, splurged the button, and realized it doesnt even have a fucking story. its like the quest to get Shale from Dragon Age, but dragged on over 10 hours of trash combat. and at least Shale was hilarious once you got him. creepy village protecting a secret : check. secret is related to ancient technology...check. buncha fighting and dungeons to recover some lame object that by the time you acquire it, it doesnt fucking even matter to your character or the world at large: check.
does finding the forge make the other towns get different weapons and materials? no. Does anything change anything? no.
morrowind, dragon age, and skyrim expansions are already 10x better than this, which they should have no right to be.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Fuck, i dont even know why i bought it. I woke up to see it was released, splurged the button, and realized it doesnt even have a fucking story. its like the quest to get Shale from Dragon Age, but dragged on over 10 hours of trash combat. and at least Shale was hilarious once you got him. creepy village protecting a secret : check. secret is related to ancient technology...check. buncha fighting and dungeons to recover some lame object that by the time you acquire it, it doesnt fucking even matter to your character or the world at large: check.
does finding the forge make the other towns get different weapons and materials? no. Does anything change anything? no.
morrowind, dragon age, and skyrim expansions are already 10x better than this, which they should have no right to be.
lol sounds terribru. Also isn't shale a girl?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
morrowind, [...] and skyrim expansions are already 10x better than this, which they should have no right to be.

Well, the expansions for those two games also had significantly more effort put into them than this one. It's pretty clear that The White March was done by the C-team while most of the staff worked on Armored Warfare and tha Pathfinder game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom