Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

btbgfel

Scholar
From a quick check of objectbundle folder, in white march we may fight a true lich who created several spells party knows, get his floating skull as pet, and summon him once per rest. Not certain it's included in actual game though, I haven't played to that point.

Last edited:

Bonerbill

Augur
Some try, you are even punished for finishing the game as the expansion is not playable after beating the main campaign. Quite a few people complain about this cause they dont have pre end saves left or playing on ironman. Beautifull design decision again,as for why i still bother....

I hope this is sarcasm, otherwise you're an idiot. The game makes a pregame save before you go to the last chapter AND they specifically said before that the expansion was going to be like Baldur's Gate TOTSC where it happens during the main game. You know, one of the games this game is based off of? Lastly, if you start a new game, it only takes 1-2 hours top to have access to the expansion content.

Don't get me wrong; this game has a lot of bad design decisions, but this isn't one of them.

Last edited:

LizardWizard

Prophet
I hope this is sarcasm, otherwise you're an idiot. The game makes a pregame save before you go to the last chapter AND they specifically said before that the expansion was going to be like Baldur's Gate TOTSC where it happens during the main game. You know, one of the games this game is based off of? Lastly, if you start a new game, it only takes 1-2 hours top to have access to the expansion content.

Don't get me wrong; this game has a lot of bad design decisions, but this isn't one of them.

My original iron man playthrough, that save was overwritten somehow. Luckily I had a manual backup (considering how bugridden the release builds) a few hours prior to jumping into the pit.

Mortmal

Arcane

As i said some people dont have the save just have to read a bit steam forums, and even if that was the same for TOSTC that still not means it was a good design choice.I do have them, cause i remember people being stuck in some areas unable to progress so i keep ton of saves to prevent that as i dont trust them.
I dont see why to erase the last 30 min of the game to do that expansion. You could just go on adventuring after the main campaign there's nothing preventing it. Plus the expansion is combat heavy , some says harder and high level, that makes no sense at all do restart for that. I'd prefer avoid that as there's zero replayability .

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It is weird how you can't import a save, like you could with Tales of the Sword Coast and Heart of Winter.

I blame Unity.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's not a Unity specific thing, importing saves from old games has kind of gone out the window and only really exists in limited form such as in the ME and Witcher games where they pull some saved variables from the save game file. I literally cannot recall any games beyond the Infinity Engine games and maybe a couple of ARPGs since then (like Titan Quest) that allow you to do it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You can import your character in Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance and Mask of the Betrayer though of course there's no way of playing those within the main game itself.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They don't need to import anything, they just need to add the functionality to detect any savegame in the endgame area and modify it so the party is back on the world map.

Tigranes

Arcane
I haven't played yet (no desktop till tuesday), but I believe the official word is WM is accessible through Caed Nua after the Temple of Woedica quest is complete. You are only fucked if you lost your pre-pit autofinalsave (e.g. by playing ironman only).

Ulrox

Arbiter
Looking forward to impressions on this game. When's the next 7 reviews for this expansion...?

Fairfax

Arcane
They don't need to import anything, they just need to add the functionality to detect any savegame in the endgame area and modify it so the party is back on the world map.
Or maybe some console command where you can access the world map, that could allow people to leave the endgame area too.

What I have noticed until now:
- White March has a new (separate) map. Maps are much bigger in size;
- we have a new keep in the old map;
- more scripted interactions and minigames;
- characters leaves footsteps in the snow;
- almost every line of dialogue now also details what the character is actually doing;
- a lot more jokes (good ones so far);
- the loading is pretty much the same but I didn't complain much (only 1 big load and then the other are smaller);
- the music is great;
- this is not Icewind Dale where you fight most of the time. There are actually many quests, interesting characters and lore.
- the graphics are even more amazing then before. Reminds me of Commandos games.
Until now the price is very good for what it really offers.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
2.0 did a real blow to Ciphers, if you ask me. Perception can't be dumped anymore, so Dex can't maxed. You still have to add as much Might and Intellect as possible, so Dex has to be 10; 12-14 tops if you want to sacrifice Con or Res.
In short, +27% attack speed bonus for a min/maxed Cipher is basically gone, so focus per second takes a serious hit. Least they could do is buff the initial focus again.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The pathing/terrain issues are worse than before. Durance got stuck in a tree, and I had to reload an earlier save, cost me about 5 minutes, but what the hell? Plus the PCs go full retard sometimes from issuing a simple "goto" command. They really got the Baldur's Gate pathfinding 100% right with 2.0. All the warts are in there. I never had any serious pathing issues prior to 2.0.

Almost finished with the White March, and I really enjoyed it. It captured the Icewind Dale feel really well.

Yeah, the team AI sucks, I basically turned it semi-off. Ally AI is great for simple battles, but awful for anything requiring any kind of attention. For the original campaign I let the AI duke it out with the mobs and had no issues, but don't bother doing this for the White March. I started the expansion at level 6, and you need a good level of control or you will get suicidal PCs.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
2.0 did a real blow to Ciphers, if you ask me. Perception can't be dumped anymore, so Dex can't maxed. You still have to add as much Might and Intellect as possible, so Dex has to be 10; 12-14 tops if you want to sacrifice Con or Res.
In short, +27% attack speed bonus for a min/maxed Cipher is basically gone, so focus per second takes a serious hit. Least they could do is buff the initial focus again.

Nice, Ciphers were too good.

Ulrox

Arbiter
I agree, you had problems getting group for instances because all raids were composed of a fighter and 5 ciphers.
Yeah and in arena, you'd fight parties composed of 4 ciphers and a healer, op as fuck.

Zeronet

Learned
Why was the save folder in such a dumb fucking location? Partly due to not being on the level of Obsidian burying the savegames in my windows user folder, i lost all of it when i upgraded to windows 10 because i dumbly thought they'd just do what everyone else does and store it in my documents or my games, not bury in the ass end of my computer in the windows user profile.

Why was the save folder in such a dumb fucking location? Partly due to not being on the level of Obsidian burying the savegames in my windows user folder, i lost all of it when i upgraded to windows 10 because i dumbly thought they'd just do what everyone else does and store it in my documents or my games, not bury in the ass end of my computer in the windows user profile.
I also updated to win 10 but my saves are also in the cloud on steam. You can also search in windows.old folder if you didn't delete it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom