Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Porky's Ring: a Squire's Road to Greatness [SL1]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd wish. After a break, I decided to give it another try. After what's essentially a perfect fight by my standards, I discovered the Elden Beast's arena has a fucking invisible wall that materializes when you smash your face into it. Fuck me.

Run some more fakepork! :hahano:

What a gay way to lose after such a beautiful Radagon fight. :cry:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
37 - Penetrating the impenetrable

Poor gullible heretic. There's only one cure for those with your condition: death. But the question remains: how did he come back from the dead? Only the evil lich is versed enough in the necromantic arts to perform such a heinous ritual.

This can only mean... it doesn't make sense, but he must be alive. Somehow, he escaped the destruction I brought to him.

But if even death won't stop the wizard, how can I rid the world of him? He is invincible, I'm just a doomed fool...

I can't breathe. I feel something heavy on my chest. I've defeated gods, but those stay dead once you chop off their head... I can't face THIS. I see only despair in front of me, and there's only one person who can help me when I feel like this...

I know I shouldn't, but I see no other option...

29-01.png

I'm here, baby.

I hope you've forgiven me.

29-02.png

And I hope you'll forgive me for what I'm about to do...

29-03.png

God, you're still beautiful. If possible, you're even hotter now.

Let's pretend that nothing bad ever happened.

29-04.png

Let's pretend the outside world doesn't exist. There's only me and you now.

29-05.png

Finally, after all this time, after all this suffering, I will go past those impenetrable thorns. I don't care if it hurts, I want to see what you've been hiding down there all this time. Doesn't matter what I'll discover, I will love you nonetheless.

29-06.png

I'm here in front of your treasure, naked as the day I was born.

29-07.png

Come on, L. Let me taste your Elden Ring.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
38 - Filler episode V

So this what you were hiding from me, L. I can't say nobody tried to warn me, but I refused to believe anyone but you.

I'm so confused right now. I need to drown my thoughts in high-T activities.

But the adrenaline of the hunt has only enhanced my hidden desires. Oh, enough with this puritanism. You only live once, and I don't want to die with any regret. I'll visit the club once more.

Wow, that was... wow. But I need more, I need more!

Andnjord

Arcane
Wait, two updates from Porky's finest adventures and I didn't receive notifications for it? Outrageous I say! :argh:

Nice job on Radagon/Elden Beast, the mace's ridiculous self-hyping R2 made it all the better
love.png

A nearly perfect fight I'd say :troll:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
That was so manly, only one image can possibly do it justice.
The last hit felt very satisfying. :cool:

Nice job on Radagon/Elden Beast, the mace's ridiculous self-hyping R2 made it all the better
love.png
Just Dance: Elden Ring Edition confirmed!

I want to know who decided to put that animation into the game.

A nearly perfect fight I'd say :troll:
Unsurprisingly, this is the boss that killed me the most so far, and way more than anything else in the game. I made it after 23 attempts and it required a little over an hour. But it took so many tries only because I was adamant about parrying everything that was parryable: without this imposition, I would probably have done it in around 8 attempts. I already loved this bossfight, but I think that, when you add parries to your arsenal, Radagon becomes a perfect 10/10. The fight flows perfectly between stuff you can parry and stuff you have to dodge/jump, and 99% of the parriable attacks can be reacted to just like almost anything else in the game: when the weapon starts to swing towards you. The only exception is the very rare hammer stab, which is so fast it requires almost god-like reflexes to be parried.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Is your strength extraordinary yet?
I can only tell you that an unspecified enemy I won't name has killed me almost more times than all the other bosses in the game combined. Times ten.

But, seriously speaking: I can kill her playing normally, but I'm trying to parry most of her attacks and the only thing I can say is... some of her parry windows are fucked up, man. If fighting her normally is hard, doing so parrying two specific attacks she does is suicide-inducing.

Andnjord

Arcane
Is your strength extraordinary yet?
I can only tell you that an unspecified enemy I won't name has killed me almost more times than all the other bosses in the game combined. Times ten.

But, seriously speaking: I can kill her playing normally, but I'm trying to parry most of her attacks and the only thing I can say is... some of her parry windows are fucked up, man.
I tried parrying her too, but quickly realised that it was a foolish idea and put that ambition to rest.
Then lost my sanity and summoned some Sunbros, but that's another story.

"Endure...in enduring grow strong".

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I love how, if you try to parry everything, her most unsuspicious move becomes the most dangerous attack she can make. Now, whenever I see the waterfowl, I always think "at least it's not THAT one".

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
her most unsuspicious move becomes the most dangerous attack she can make.
Is that the right sided jump and swipe? That's the one I could never get right, unlike the left sided one.
Never had any problem with that. The real pain in the ass is the simple slash she does without jumping. I don't have any concrete numbers, but it must be the fastest attack in the entire series. The only way I've found to react to it in time is to just assume she is always about to do that move.

Andnjord

Arcane
Never had any problem with that. The real pain in the ass is the simple slash she does without jumping. I don't have any concrete numbers, but it must be the fastest attack in the entire series. The only way I've found to react to it in time is to just assume she is always about to do that move.
Ooooh, right right, forgot about that one.
Sounds like the Ashina Cross from the AShina Elite in Sekiro. Except it might be faster. And you need to deflect it twenty times. And you have less frames to time it right. And she has 15 other attacks to worry about....oh gawd it's so much worse.

:despair:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The only way I've found to react to it in time is to just assume she is always about to do that move.

If you try to parry everything this way, you learn to parry like a mediocrepoet.
But how do I assume she is always about to do two different moves at once? :despair:

Cross from the AShina Elite in Sekiro. Except it might be faster. And you need to deflect it twenty times. And you have less frames to time it right. And she has 15 other attacks to worry about....oh gawd it's so much worse.
I can't say anything for sure, but I'd wager Malenia's attack is slightly faster than Ashina Elite's Iaijutsu. Or at least very similar.

On a (semi) unrelated note: I couldn't understand why my critical damage was inconsistent until I realized... standing in water grants her fire resistance. Fuck you, Infinitron. Seriously.

mediocrepoet

Patron

mediocrepoet

Patron
On a (semi) unrelated note: I couldn't understand why my critical damage was inconsistent until I realized... standing in water grants her fire resistance. Fuck you, Infinitron. Seriously.

Water increases fire resist and lowers lightning resist. To you too. It's why those misbegotten shaman or whatever they are with the lightning blasts can wreck your shit hard if you're not careful in that puddle temple.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
39 - The shameless coterie

I'm having so much fun in this club. But I want to try something different now: a cute girl in the alt-rock room caught my interest. The only problem: this place is full of bitches who want a piece of this tasty porkster.

Get away from me, you wenches! You don't have that *little something* that reminds me of *her*.

Get away, I said! Oh, if you won't listen, I see only one possible solution.

30-01.png

I will make you.

30-02.png

Take this!

30-03.png

And this!

Get tired? Me? Oh, you don't know the lengths I will go to deter the touch of a woman!

You will NOT damage my honor!

30-04.png

Can't you see I abhor you? You don't have what it takes to make this porkster happy! Only *she* does!

Finally I'm in her VIP room. I heard this is the most exclusive place of the entire Shouting Lands, everyone dreams of being admitted here. But... if it's so exclusive, why is it full of people? Her coterie is impressive. And where is she?

Wait, why are they staring at me menacingly?

Hey, don't come at me! I'm not here to hurt her! I'm just like you, on of her fans!

Oh, I see there's no reasoning with you... you've already lost your mind long ago... who knows how long you've been empty and mad.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
I'm having so much fun in this club. But I want to try something different now: a cute girl in the alt-rock room caught my interest. The only problem: this place is full of bitches who want a piece of this tasty porkster.
Really? You talk about rock and roll and alt-bitches and your mind doesn't instantly summon the exquisite pun of Porkstar?
:rpgcodex:

EDIT: Goddamn the Shield-Crash is awesome :lol:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Really? You talk about rock and roll and alt-bitches and your mind doesn't instantly summon the exquisite pun of Porkstar?
You'll have to forgive me, but every 20 deaths against Malenia I lose a neuron and as of now I am left with a grand total of... zero (0).

I get this, I'm on a break atm from finishing my mage playthrough (just Malenia and the finale to go). I keep nuking the hell out of her first phase and part of her second and then eat a goddamned clone attack and get one shot.

Andnjord

Arcane
You'll have to forgive me, but every 20 deaths against Malenia I lose a neuron and as of now I am left with a grand total of... zero (0).

I get this, I'm on a break atm from finishing my mage playthrough (just Malenia and the finale to go). I keep nuking the hell out of her first phase and part of her second and then eat a goddamned clone attack and get one shot.
Great, looks like we're all stuck at the same point in the game now, time for a Sunbro party! :happytrollboy:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
40 - The Whitest Knight

Having dispatched the entire coterie, I can finally approach the young girl. And boy, what a fine young girl she is.

31-01.png

She watches me from afar, feigning disinterest.

She diverts her eyes at the last moment, but the trembling of her hands and throbbing of her chest give away her true intentions.

31-02.png

Don't think ill of me for my impudence, fair lady.

I caught a glimpse of your beauty before and it has been dominating my every thought ever since.

31-03.png

I know I'm unique, hard to find someone like me.

But you aren't quite mundane yourself, babe. Even though... you remind me of someone... is it possible we already met before?

31-04.png

Nonsense! Who would badmouth such a precious little flower?

Wait... I remember now. How are you... no, don't tell me. I don't care. I've suffered a lot, you know? And now being here with you feels right. Can... can you forgive me for what I did to you? I know I said some terrible things...

31-05.png

Yes! Yes, I do!

I was wrong, you know? I've seen my mistakes now.

31-06.png

Thank you. Thank you, baby. I hope you will forgive me, because I most definitely won't.

Do you hear this galloping, my queen? Someone's coming for me.

A white knight in shining armor. The full plate covers in white every inch of his body.

Who are you, knight? And what do you want from me?

Leave us alone, this young princess no longer cares about you. She wants me now.

Oh, who am I kidding? I know you won't accept his rejection without a fight. I know I wouldn't.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom