Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible Valve's next game: Deadlock (rumors gaining traction)

PlayerEmers

Educated
This is a really old rumor. In the past, when you heard about this supposed game, the rumor most likely would've come from a retard known as Tyler Mcvicker: an unreliable and delusional Valve fanboy that throws rumors left and right, hoping that something sticks and becomes real.

But on the past couple of days, more reliable people started talking about this rumor.

Gabe Follower:

Pavel Djundik (SteamDB guy):

Honestly... if this is real, I will be disappointed.
First: Its another tryhard competitive 6vs6 shooter game. Its something focused on esports bullshit, not fun community servers and shit.
Second: Another multiplayer game. Valve is spreading their devs in multiple ongoing multiplayer games. They can barely keep up. CS2 is full of hackers, Dota 2 has gone to shit and fails to deliver, TF2 is dead.
Third: If Gabe Follower is right, its another moba styled game. Im kinda tired of mobas.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I need a new hero shooter now that Hi-Rez pretty much abandoned Paladins.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Maybe we live in the universe where all this is subterfuge before Half Life 3 is released unceremoniously on a Sunday.

No front page, no announcements, just pops up in the new section on Steam.

It would be so hilarious. I want to live in that universe.

PlayerEmers

Educated
they are posting a few screenshots on 4chan

image.png

image.png

PlayerEmers

Educated
those screenshots are most likely from older builds
the looks will change when this gets announced
but the whole 6vs6 TPS moba looks legit true

I played Smite in the past but it feels like the game will be more akin to monday night combat (which was really good game for its time)

soutaiseiriron

Educated
So this is literally just a mix of Battleborn and Gigantic?
It's very Valve to be late to the MOBA goldrush by about 6 years. I have no faith this will be good, it will probably flop and be abandoned like Dota Underlords.

ferratilis

Magister
So even Valve has given in to this modern, lifeless art style that everyone is using. TF2 had such a cool style that it still looks great to this day, and will continue to look great for decades. The humor and music were also on point. Coupled with very expressive animations, it made for some memorable things, despite being a multiplayer game.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but all the F2P games nowadays look like they were made by the same people. I remember reading several news articles about F2P games being shut down, but they looked so bland that I can't even remember their names. Clown world.

ind33d

Learned
why the fuck would you make counter strike 2 and then ship a competitive 6v6 first-person shooter? it's like having two starbucks across the street from each other

Odoryuk

Educated
While Artifact's gameplay and drafting mechanics received praise, it was criticized for its high learning curve and monetization model, which some saw as pay-to-win. It saw a 95% decline in players within two months of its release, with only around a hundred concurrent players by mid-2019. Valve was surprised by the response, describing it as the largest discrepancy between their expectations for a game and the outcome.
They are hunting for even bigger discrepancy.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Gabe knows all the good games have already been made and produces product to milk hyperactive zoomers
what's that if not based

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Gabe knows all the good games have already been made and produces product to milk hyperactive zoomers
what's that if not based
Unlike the other FPS MOBA games, this one will have the "mods will fix it" crutch. Maybe some fun custom games come out of it.
mods.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom