Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prometheus Wept - turn-based RPG from Vigilantes developer - Demo Available

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hi again!

Here's the development video for Feb/March, which focuses on the addition of act 1 mission 3, where you must negotiation a food shipment to ease the crisis in Sunny Pines.

Key Points:
- Act 1 Mission 3 is complete.
- Act 1 Mission 4 is designed in depth, with an initial draft of the writing
- Wolves have been enhanced with traits, and alpha wolves have a unique, activated skill
- Temporary allies can now be killed and permanently removed from the game
- Added a relationship system
- Created final versions of Sunny Pines Militia and Rebel character models
- Improved the code for saving characters, managing conversations,

As mentioned in the video, here are a number of links through which you can support Ukraine, if you wish to: Humble Bundle for Ukraine / Unity Bundle for Ukraine / Razom / International Rescue Committee

Thanks for reading / watching and if you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

All the best,

Daithi

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Fire, chaos, and dead wolves. All in a day's work
1f642.png

276242264-5373242062707583-4884578999128787756-n.jpg

Skdursh

Savant
I posted about this on the "obscure indies" thread earlier, because I wasn't aware that there was an actual thread for the game on the forum. Regardless, it recently got an updated demo that I came across earlier on its MODDB page.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

This dev log for upcoming turn based RPG, Prometheus Wept, covers the addition of 2 new maps and 2 new outlaw gangs, which will appear in Act 1 Mission 4. Comments and feedback most welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1208110/view/3208263159392517668
Prometheus Wept Dev Log April 2022: New Outlaw Gangs and Maps
Hi!

Below you will find the dev log for April 2022. I've made good progress on act 1 mission 4, where you must locate the missing Dr Kriesler by finding evidence, questioning people and searching for him. It's a big mission, which spans multiple locations and introduces two new outlaw gangs.

One of these gangs is the Blue Screen of Death Tribe. They believe the virus that wiped out all digital technology in the mid 21st century was a divine manifestation, which sought to free humanity from the shackles of technology.

How you handle act 1 mission 4 has numerous consequences. Whether or not you can locate Kriesler will have repercussions. You will also have to choose which of two factions to support, which will in turn decide which of two potential allies will join your party.
Key Points:

- 2 out of 3 maps required for this mission are complete
- 4 out of 10 character models have been created, optimised and made game ready
- Started second draft of writing
- Added 2 new outlaw gangs
- Spent a fair bit of time on unavoidable company admin work :/
- The company admin work is finished now :)

Thanks for reading / watching and if you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

All the best,

Daithi

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hey - hope you're keeping well. Here are a couple of extra images for the investigation part of the mission, which brings you to Dr Kriesler's home and Sunny Pines' printing press.

Kriesler'sHouse.jpg

PrintingPress.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
And here's the KS update, which included some, if not all, of those assets... let me know if you'd rather these not be posted, Timeslip!

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...t-a-post-digital-turn-based-rpg/posts/3593039

Update #14

Prometheus Wept Dev Log: June - Aug 22: A1M4 Complete, World Map, Work on Illustrations​

Timeslip SoftworksCreator
August 26, 2022
Hi there,
I hope you're having a good day. It's taken longer than I'd hoped, but Act 1, Mission 4 of Prometheus Wept is complete. Here's the development video, and you'll find additional information below:

Act 1 Mission 4:
In Act 1 Mission4, you are charged with locating Dr. Kreisler, who has gone missing under unusual circumstances.
e0be45c7b4694fa8e7eaf592d931df90_original.jpg

467feed148f436f5a89c768e64c6d374_original.jpg

You begin by visiting multiple locations in Sunny Pines, including Kriesler's house, to search for clues. Once you've narrowed down the search area with clues, you get a number of search attempts to locate the missing doctor.
0d07b3118da0e68050072150372bf504_original.jpg

f509812b7551f33fbcd8683a0e7ecadc_original.jpg

Along the way, you'll encounter a number of unusual gangs, who have formed as a result of bizarre misunderstandings about the pre-virus world.

ce96735995026fa64a70e13e080ac971_original.jpg

If you managed to find enough evidence, you will locate Kriesler. If not, Sunny Pines will have to do without him. Either way, you will encounter an usual entity with big plans for Sunny Pines, who will either join your party or serve as the primary antagonist of act 1, depending on your choices.

Release Schedule:
The intention is to release an updated demo for Kickstarter backers in the coming months, to participate in the Steam Next Festival in February, and to release on early access in Q1/2 2023.

Work on Illustrations:
All of the 40+ character illustrations have been improved, as have some dozens of the item illustrations.
31e1e9fb1913546867c72d586153c0b4_original.png

01f8dd620042dca8ac75bcede8b551b5_original.png

9ed1a2a0284c28a5df9cfc5930937f81_original.png

World Map:
37aaf58a295e783f78a79840c459f514_original.jpg

Code to implement the world map has been added, as has a provisional map for act 1.

That's all for now - sorry this update was delayed - I appreciate your patience and will check in again next month :)
Have a nice weekend,
Daithi

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Noooooooo you can't have a portrait for a character we don't know about that has the wrong kind of hair. This is just like when the Jewish globohomos try to make me get vaccinated.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Noooooooo you can't have a portrait for a character we don't know about that has the wrong kind of hair. This is just like when the Jewish globohomos try to make me get vaccinated.

It's not about the wrong kind of hair, it's just every other game dropping that kind of shit to please the woketards.
It didn't bother me back in the days in Shadowrun P&P because of the settings and the rarity.

Nowadays, there's 10000 times more lesbians with mohawk haircuts in series, movies and video games than I've crossed path with.
It's just fucking tiring.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Timeslip are there any updates to combat mechanics (not counting hacking), specifically to make them deeper? I've never been a fan of sticky cover systems but I thought it was done suitably well enough in the first game to be ignored since the other aspects like item diversity and wound effects were captivating enough. However, the repetitiveness of combat really started to wear me down towards the last few levels. You know how it is with NuXCOM-likes. It becomes very much more of the same after some time.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's not about the wrong kind of hair, it's just every other game dropping that kind of shit to please the woketards.
It didn't bother me back in the days in Shadowrun P&P because of the settings and the rarity.

Nowadays, there's 10000 times more lesbians with mohawk haircuts in series, movies and video games than I've crossed path with.
I just realised a mohawk is probably hard to maintain in a post apoc environment, so how does it even stay there?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

I just realised a mohawk is probably hard to maintain in a post apoc environment, so how does it even stay there?
Grease isn't exactly high-tech product.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Grease isn't exactly high-tech product.
Ancient Celts used lime-water to stiffen their hair, allowing them to shape it in ways similar to the mohawk.

Depiction of Caratacus in the 1970s television miniseries adaptation of I, Claudius and Claudius the God, though his hairstyle is restrained to JRPGesque spikes:
Picture1.png

Acrux

Arcane
You're seriously asking for a source on that? It's widely known, so even if it wasn't common it's something many people would have heard of.

Anyway, if you want the original source it's Diodorus Siculus.

Diodorus Siculus, along with other ancient authors, also mentions how the Celts used to artificially ‘whiten’ their hair with lime water. This practice probably alluded to a ritual where the warrior adopted the horse as his totem, and thus aspired for the blessings and protection of Eponia, the horse goddess.

Interestingly enough, the lime-washing possibly even hardened the hair to some degree (though overuse caused the hair to fall out), which could have offered slight protection against the fluky slashes directed towards the head

https://www.realmofhistory.com/2016/10/18/10-facts-ancient-celts-warriors/#:~:text=Diodorus Siculus, along with other ancient authors, also,out), which could have offered slight protection

https://classroom.synonym.com/ancient-celtic-hairstyles-12083983.html

https://www.blogsarchive.sites.haverford.edu/celticfringe/2017/02/17/celtic-hair-history/

https://loosesignatures.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-hair-of-celts.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom