Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD source code download link

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hey, just wanted to say you guys are amazing for actually working with the source code and releasing new versions :salute::salute::salute::salute:

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Thank you mate, but we're only doing it for the glory, and the huge amounts of cash of our patreon.
Or maybe the game deserves it. Props to the devs, if they read this somehow !
I don't know about asfasdf and Fowyr who fixed some scripts but I'd gladly let them sell an updated edition of the game based on this work. I think the codex and felipepepe 's book made a niche audience out of this game.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
New saves do load fine now.
:hero:

Still get the occasional crash when selecting a fast travel location and clicking no as one would want to do when setting a compass marker.
gTWVV3C.png

Last edited:

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Oh great, the reporting works :)
To clarify, it probably won't allow us to fix it directly, but we know where it is fishy, we can add tentative fixes, more reporting and so on.

Edit: well, it will be fixed in 2.05

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I am not sure which saves from which versions had these issues, but I have seen it.

Put the .pdb where you extracted the .exe, it helps with stack traces.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
We don't really know TBH, if you load a save and it crashes, we can have a look. If it silently corrupts a game aspect, it will be much harder :)

Modron

Arcane
Not sure what caused this crash was going to cast a spell and as I hit the bottom of the screen to select cast it crashed:
piAEExV.png

Modron

Arcane
I got a crash when clicking the exit to a cavern in 2.06 64 bit which produced two sequential error message neither which mentioned a core dump:
JwNwjXu.png

YoftKFp.png

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
I got a crash when clicking the exit to a cavern in 2.06 64 bit which produced two sequential error message neither which mentioned a core dump:
JwNwjXu.png

YoftKFp.png
A new one \o/
Does it happen every time you try it ?
If so I'd be interested in your save file :)

(I found a few bugs and made tentative fixes for the next version)

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
It did happen twice reloaded outside of cave and did the segment again and it worked fine, unfortunately I did quick save over it sorry. The only thing that I did that might have triggered it was I dismissed a character from within the cave to make room for the cave's occupant to join my party. I suppose I can march back to there and test if I can replicate it.

Edit: Not that it is needed, but I was able to replicate the crash by dismissing a character inside the cave and trying to exit afterward.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Everyonce in a while I just get a hang on combat starting, standard program isn't responding and have to close it affair. More often when starting combat really spread apart and there is a popup saying something like "The party gathers for combat" with an ok button to confirm which when clicked begins the combat and said hangs.

No error messages or dumps.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Everyonce in a while I just get a hang on combat starting, standard program isn't responding and have to close it affair. More often when starting combat really spread apart and there is a popup saying something like "The party gathers for combat" with an ok button to confirm which when clicked begins the combat and said hangs.

No error messages or dumps.
Ok when it's stuck, go to the Windows task manager, "More details", and right-click on the process.
You should be given the opportunity to create a dump. Send it to us :)

Modron

Arcane
Just encountered Malornian and his Earth Golem random encounter, upon killing them I did not receive the Golem Thaumaturgy spell. At least I didn't get any text in the box saying I did so nor golem in my spellbook. Granted I don't have anyone particularly high in thaumaturgy in my group as I've been trying to raise the stats of one of my npc to meet the min requirements of learning the skill before I proceed through the academy questline since that is like ~35 mostly free skill points.

Edit: 2.06 64 bit, got a crash on a random encounter no core dump produced (the one with lupins picking at the remains of a body if it matters).

ZwCq0qQ.png

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Maybe not a bug so much as developer oversight but if a trainer/library book brings you to or past the threshold for skill unlocks (30/50) you don't get those attributes (maybe the same goes for weapon skill attacks I don't know).

Last edited:

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
We are now catching bugs in the event script it seems. events.txt is now bundled in the 2.07, so make sure to extract it in the game folder as well:

https://gitlab.com/ptd3/ptd-1/-/releases/2.07

As a side note, we are now forcing events reload on start, so you might notice some 2-3 sec delay in the intro screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom