Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD Source-Code

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 [Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.] Pathfinder: Kingmaker I helped put crap in Monomyth
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with CP and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

The problem for all this time was just... finding them and asking!

Fowyr

It's a crime that you can only give one brofist to a post.

If he delivers he should get a prestigious tag.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire [Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.] Pathfinder: Kingmaker I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with CP and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

Fowyr

If

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
That said, we've probably got enough expertise around the codex to work something out assuming we get interested parties. I'll be happy to assist also, though my C skills are a little rusty (I'm assuming that's what the game will be written in).

I'm in.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Breaking news, folks.

Fowyr

If
Barbarians should not be as sceptic. Crom is clearly with the Codex on this one.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire [Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.] Pathfinder: Kingmaker I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Breaking news, folks.

Fowyr

If
Barbarians should not be as sceptic. Crom is clearly with the Codex on this one.
No one tells Barbarians how to behave.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Let's see the source code first but the path will probably be (assuming the plausible way it's coded WIN MSVC DirectX) :
* Attempt to recompile it for Windows with legacy toolchains
* Modernize the build systems by porting to CMake
* Make everything compile with multiple modern compilers on Windows
* Update legacy dependencies that we want to keep
* Port it to Linux through WineLib
* Evaluate and replace legacy/unwanted dependencies (DirectX or whatever will be in our way for instance, simple SDL+OpenGL should be the first step)
* Ditch WineLib
* Volunteer QA should start now
* Clean the code, fix the bugs
* Improve whatever shiny people will like (the nice to have, pleasant to code, but the easy part)

Some people in a hurry will probably provide shortcuts for gamers' enjoyment but IMO this is the solid path with the best quality result.

Konjad

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 [Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.]

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
:negative:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Last edited:

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
You want a game's source code, you have to pry it from its cold dead hands with IDA.

BTW I did do some digging for a couple of weeks, if anyone's interested I can send the IDA db. Also tried my hand at hooking stuff a la Temple+ but alas didn't get very far:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/PreludePlus

Ah sweet sweet IDA (I have a licence at work but the free version is good enough for a WIN32 program)...
All those prospects of source code during the last years prevented me from launching it for this game, I optimistically believe that the source code will come out at some point :)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Yes but reversing and reimplementing from asm is a multi-year effort so...

laclongquan

Arcane
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with MC and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

After they reply to you, that's when you can say "in contact".

If just them looking/reading your email and not reply, it's NOT. That's the modern protocol in email, anyhow~

Anyway, i have my doubt you would be successful. If it's possible it would happen years ago. Even if you can really contact them by emails or else~ they will hem and haw and drive you around.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Better make it appear

10784126.jpg

Wunderbar

Arcane
Breaking news, folks.

Fowyr

and if he doesn't he should get a dumbfuck tag

:littlemissfun:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom