Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Peachcurl

Cipher
Let he (even he that claimeth to be a she) who hath not wrought drama be the first to cast a stone.
stoninglifeofbrian.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Not only have I brought traffic to your website over the years through my unique brand of drama but I've also literally made you $500 from it directly.

You're lucky I haven't threatened to take my ball and go home by now. I'll settle for administrative access. :smug:

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It would be a logical fallacy if I (we) were to assume foolishly that there will never be another security issue again due solely to 2FA being enabled, but there's nothing fallacious about solid empirical evidence. Before, we had nothing but problems. Accounts being stolen, mass deletions, etc. Everything lately, however, has been quiet.

Am I wrong?
You should increase security measures even further, just to make sure
Indeed. I still stand by my word that 'dex isn't secure enough until for logging in it requires using fingerprint scanner to scan our penises.

revealer

Augur
Having to 2FA and trust device every 30 days is fucking annoying.
I know, it shouldn't be since it's only once a month, but no other fucking page (even at work) makes me do this (beside crypto), and we aren't dealing with finances here aren't we?
So why do fuck do we have this annoyance?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Having to 2FA and trust device every 30 days is fucking annoying.
I know, it shouldn't be since it's only once a month, but no other fucking page (even at work) makes me do this (beside crypto), and we aren't dealing with finances here aren't we?
So why do fuck do we have this annoyance?
Because the admin responsible talutaint is p. incompetent/lazy/etc and 2FA isn't needed, it just guarantees he never has to deal with a particular forum glitch again — even though that's supremely unlikely in the first place.

It's like your window is broken so you board it up and leave it like that. Sure, it's ugly, inelegant and lazy, but your window won't be broken again. Eastern European solutions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom